There are 153 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Bust

He's definitely regressed since his rookie year. I would love to see an open competition this year when it comes to the right tackle position. Let the best man win.

heck, maybe aside from trent. it should be open competition for the entire lot.. kind of scary.. if we get two pleasant surprises i will be pleased. i was sure they would add a vet of some sort who has a halfway decent nfl resume.. maybe that is to come as things shake out

That's something I'd love to see through training camp. Allow every Offensive lineman on the team to compete for a starting position come week 1 ( Excluding the LT position for obvious reasons ). Surely that would only make this team better as the season progresses. I doubt It happens though, but It sure would be nice to see.

This part is exciting for me. I feel like the FO has targeted depth behind cemented starters but never really added real talent to push them and see what rises to the top. Maybe with a big pool of 3rd to UDFA's + veterans we could see some real competition for once.

But if Brunskill ends up starting at either C or G, we're screwed.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 22, 2022 at 12:54 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Bust

He's definitely regressed since his rookie year. I would love to see an open competition this year when it comes to the right tackle position. Let the best man win.

heck, maybe aside from trent. it should be open competition for the entire lot.. kind of scary.. if we get two pleasant surprises i will be pleased. i was sure they would add a vet of some sort who has a halfway decent nfl resume.. maybe that is to come as things shake out

That's something I'd love to see through training camp. Allow every Offensive lineman on the team to compete for a starting position come week 1 ( Excluding the LT position for obvious reasons ). Surely that would only make this team better as the season progresses. I doubt It happens though, but It sure would be nice to see.

This part is exciting for me. I feel like the FO has targeted depth behind cemented starters but never really added real talent to push them and see what rises to the top. Maybe with a big pool of 3rd to UDFA's + veterans we could see some real competition for once.

But if Brunskill ends up starting at either C or G, we're screwed.

And if he ends up starting at RT it's alright
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Honestly, I feel he'd be an upgrade over Compton and Compton proved MM wasn't much of a loss at all. And Brunskill is already conditioned for 17+ games as a former starter at G. That's huge...Brendel is about to find that out.

Honestly, I feel he'd be an upgrade over Compton and Compton proved MM wasn't much of a loss at all. And Brunskill is already conditioned for 17+ games as a former starter at G. That's huge...Brendel is about to find that out.

Agreed….

Agreed….

Dafuq? Get that outta here! LOL

Agreed….

A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac….Forgetaboutit!!!
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 22, 2022 at 10:49 PM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:

Agreed….

A Lincoln is better than a Cadillac….Forgetaboutit!!!

LMAO!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

next up,. we will hear... he is having a ,.... procedure...
Any health updates? Funny how much we like him now 😂
[ Edited by justjim77 on Aug 20, 2022 at 10:49 AM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

This definitely needs to be monitored. McKivitz was terribel today in practice. Jordan Mills seems better than Skule or Moore at this time.

I'm hoping McKivitz improves, afterall he did win the game he subbed in against the rams with Trent out, and that was a super bowl level team. He's from the 5th round - so I'm hoping he pulls a WowMack today.

I think McGlinchey's knee is getting worse. I don't know if its even worth keeping him on the roster with all his health challenges. Once Jimmy is gone maybe they can trade for some right tackle depth.
Seems like he will be ready to go around the start of the season, might see him miss some of the early season though. He is a perfect fit for what Kyle wants to do
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Seems like he will be ready to go around the start of the season, might see him miss some of the early season though. He is a perfect fit for what Kyle wants to do

Mmmm....so sub par pass protect is something Shany covets?
Originally posted by justjim77:

Speak for yourself
Originally posted by justjim77:

Speak for yourself

Share 49ersWebzone