LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 311 users in the forums

Pat Mahomes and the Kansas City Swifties Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by Furlow:
The Niners tried that with Kap and it plunged the franchise.

I don't think it's funny at all how bad the drop-off was.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
There's still KC fans on here?

No, but Alex Smith played there for several years so the Zone has a very big interest.

I like Mahomes a lot and want to see him play. I liked good quarterbacking, especially when it involves arm strength
If Mahomes struggles, which in most cases happens with young QBs. Andy Reid can go back to playbook from the prior years and just run a lot screens to take the pressure off him

Big Red will probably start the year w/ a conservative approach for Mahomes. See how he does and then open it up.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
With all there is to talk about w/Niners, I guess I don't see the relevancy of this thread. Really.

Close all forums except for niner talk?

No whats funny is the asinine claim that dumping Alex and promoting Kaepernick plunged the franchise. Beyond absurd.
[ Edited by SteveWallacesHelmet on Mar 22, 2018 at 11:37 AM ]

No whats funny is the asinine claim that dumping Alex and promoting Kaepernick plunged the franchise. Beyond absurd.

Lol. I started to post a hyperbolic response to Furlow on your behalf. Glad that I waited - yours is better than what I came up with.
[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Mar 22, 2018 at 12:04 PM ]
  • dj43
I was driving around Scottsdale, and the sports talk radio host ironically started talking about finding franchise QBs in the draft.

"If you are a team in need of a franchise QB, it is an astronomical risk to try to find one outside the top of the first round."

"Look at the history of the league. There are very few examples of a team desperate for a FQB who look to find him outside of the first round."

And this part was my favorite....

"Almost 100% of the time a franchise QB is found in the 2nd, 3rd round or later, the team which drafts him is not in need of a FQB. They are luxury picks that just happen to work out."

I wish every one of you was listening too. It was perfect haha

Would that not also imply that the team can allow the guy to sit and learn the system before they are forced to play?

The list is long of rookies that are forced to start before they are ready and then struggle to ever play at a decent level.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I became a KC fan when Montana was traded, stayed through inertia.

+1

Care to break the numbers down for us? Because our offense (2012) actually got better lol, and that's without Manningham or Hunter. Our offense was never the same after that year featuring guys like Moore, Baldwin, KW, Vance (still went to NFCCG). The drop off didn't happen until they tried trading Harbaugh to the Browns. 2 NFCCGs and a SB appearance later.
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 22, 2018 at 6:06 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:

+1

Was there a Chiefs thread pre-2013?
  • dj43
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

+1

This thread was added this off-season for those who wanted to follow the Chiefs, not Alex Smith specifically.

There are a lot of folks who come to this site to talk about football but not just about the 49ers.

Originally posted by TheWooLick:

+1

This thread was added this off-season for those who wanted to follow the Chiefs, not Alex Smith specifically.

There are a lot of folks who come to this site to talk about football but not just about the 49ers.

I was curious as to if the KC threads existed here prior to Alex Smith becoming a Chief. I don't recall any.
Never forget.

"Alex Smith hit wide receiver Dwayne Bowe for a 22-yard touchdown in the first quarter of a 45-10 win over the Redskins on Dec. 8, 2013.

385 days and 19 games later, we're still waiting to put "Chiefs wide receiver" and "touchdown" in the same sentence."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/kansas-city-chiefs-wide-receivers-touchdowns-catches-stats-numbers-alex-smith-season-andy-reid-dwayne-bowe-draft-pick/qmu6r9407mvu12jacatqk9c4m]

I think as long Mahomes can throw a TD to a WR he will be alright
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Mar 27, 2018 at 12:52 PM ]
This thread will be dead 3 weeks into the season.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Never forget.

"Alex Smith hit wide receiver Dwayne Bowe for a 22-yard touchdown in the first quarter of a 45-10 win over the Redskins on Dec. 8, 2013.

385 days and 19 games later, we're still waiting to put "Chiefs wide receiver" and "touchdown" in the same sentence."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/kansas-city-chiefs-wide-receivers-touchdowns-catches-stats-numbers-alex-smith-season-andy-reid-dwayne-bowe-draft-pick/qmu6r9407mvu12jacatqk9c4m]

...because Bowe was definitely a stud. When he finally had a chance, he left KC and became a star...

Oh, wait. He didn't. He spent one more lazy, over-weight year in Cleveland and no one else wanted him after that.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Never forget.

...because Bowe was definitely a stud. When he finally had a chance, he left KC and became a star...

Oh, wait. He didn't. He spent one more lazy, over-weight year in Cleveland and no one else wanted him after that.

Lmao

No WR td's. Let me repeat that NO WR TD.

I don't care if you have all UFA what Alex was able to accomplish is an unbelievable feat.
Share 49ersWebzone