There are 263 users in the forums

Adam Peters - Commanders GM Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
peters wont last more than 3 years in washington

I think you're right. Quinn was a horrible choice.
But, who knows. Plenty of young coaches failed with their first stop in the NFL, only to find success when given a second chance.

I agree. He is off to a terrible start in the HC hiring. The Commanders Ben Johnson drama is really bad. It may not be all on Peters, but if Peters couldn't stop his boss or whoever from engaging in this drama, then it still shows he is working for a toxic team.
I'll be curious how they handle the QB. They can of course invest heavy with a high pick or go another route. My recent belief is teams are wise to avoid drafting a savior QB to bail out their franchise as the first step. Build up the team first. If you look at Dan Campbell and Kyle, both inherited real depleted poor teams, and built them up, without heavy draft investment at QB to begin. They both made pretty low cost trades, and got QBs who can run their stuff, and drafted easier to project positions. Both built winners this way.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I'll be curious how they handle the QB. They can of course invest heavy with a high pick or go another route. My recent belief is teams are wise to avoid drafting a savior QB to bail out their franchise as the first step. Build up the team first. If you look at Dan Campbell and Kyle, both inherited real depleted poor teams, and built them up, without heavy draft investment at QB to begin. They both made pretty low cost trades, and got QBs who can run their stuff, and drafted easier to project positions. Both built winners this way.

That's going to be the biggest decision left at this point IMO. I think they will surprise a lot of people with Quinn and Kingsbury teaming up, if they get the right QB. They still need to rebuild, but give them a couple years. Peters knows his stuff with the draft, Quinn knows the D, KK knows the O. They just need the talent now.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 7, 2024 at 12:13 PM ]
really
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

That's going to be the biggest decision left at this point IMO. I think they will surprise a lot of people with Quinn and Kingsbury teaming up, if they get the right QB. They still need to rebuild, but give them a couple years. Peters knows his stuff with the draft, Quinn knows the D, KK knows the O. They just need the talent now.

9 picks including #2 overall, 5 in the first three rounds. It could be quite a kick-start. I wonder if they will stick with Howell or take maybe Caleb Williams or Drake Maye?They are in a nice position.
These dudes will all be fired in 4 years
Nice draft overall by Peters so far. I keep telling folks.. they're going to surprise some people I think in Washington.
Share 49ersWebzone