LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 223 users in the forums

Your thoughts on the Smith-Schuster hit on Burfict?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Your thoughts on the Smith-Schuster hit on Burfict?

I honestly thought that was a clean hit. Burfict was in play to make the tackle. I'm sorry, I don't like dirty plays either. But as a coach myself I teach "Keep your head on swivel". This is a dangerous sport. And Antonio Brown was right: Karma! Should not have been suspended.

You know, I find it funny that Ju Ju is suspended for one game for an actual football play, yet Gronk gets the same amount for something clearly dirty on a guy after the whistle, who's on the ground and not even facing him, and out of the field of play. Gronk should have gotten no less than 4 games for that.
the hit was fine, but the taunting afterwards is a penalty, so nothing you can do about that.

Meh. Might as well play flag football nowadays. What is this sport coming to
What comes around goes around.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What comes around goes around.

Always.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
An offensive player blindsiding a defender and then standing over him and taunting doesn't seem super brilliant when you'll be seeing that guy and team twice a year for the immediate future.

He'll be known simply as JuJu Smith after the Bengals knock the Schuster out of him next game.

Good call.

The standing over him was VERY low-class and IMO will come back to haunt him.
clean, textbook hit! Sure he caught him off guard, but rule #1 his head on a fkn swivel.

did not lead with his helmet. lead with the shoulder.

the technicality kills the play. he barely was above the shoulders. I guess he could've went lower. The helmet touching helmet rule is so fkn loose & needs to be tightened up. Most of those can't be stopped. incidental contact happens.

Not cool was the taunt. but hey sometimes a message needs to be sent especially to the bully in the school yard, and i fully understand that. Vontaze Burfict has been that bully for years.

lmfao mad props to Vontaze Burfict with a dying effort grabbing his leg and holding on like " MF I'll still kill ya"

that game reminded me of an old 80's Niners vs Giants game.
karma is a biatch!!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
An offensive player blindsiding a defender and then standing over him and taunting doesn't seem super brilliant when you'll be seeing that guy and team twice a year for the immediate future.

He'll be known simply as JuJu Smith after the Bengals knock the Schuster out of him next game.

Good call.

meh, this is what rivalries should look like.

The hit on Brown was worse and a blatant shot at his head.
Originally posted by wailers15:
clean, textbook hit! Sure he caught him off guard, but rule #1 his head on a fkn swivel.

did not lead with his helmet. lead with the shoulder.

the technicality kills the play. he barely was above the shoulders. I guess he could've went lower. The helmet touching helmet rule is so fkn loose & needs to be tightened up. Most of those can't be stopped. incidental contact happens.

Not cool was the taunt. but hey sometimes a message needs to be sent especially to the bully in the school yard, and i fully understand that. Vontaze Burfict has been that bully for years.

lmfao mad props to Vontaze Burfict with a dying effort grabbing his leg and holding on like " MF I'll still kill ya"

that game reminded me of an old 80's Niners vs Giants game.
I saw a clean hit also.Led with his shoulder and didnt launch himself. Btw How big is JuJu and How big is Vontaze? And if Vontaze had his head on a swivel. JuJu would have gone for his knees or else he would have got ran over .
I saw some helmet contact.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I saw some helmet contact.

It happens
If that happened to Foster, I'd be livid. But it happened to Burfict, so.... meh.

Clearly a dumb move by JuJu, though.
My biggest issue was JuJu standing over him. The hit was close enough to being legal that I dont think it was dirty.

Dirtiest hit of the night was the hit on Antonio Brown in the endzone. Cant tell me that wasnt intentional.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Good call.

meh, this is what rivalries should look like.

The hit on Brown was worse and a blatant shot at his head.

The Steelers and Juju dont give a s**t for this exact reason

none of them will lose sleep
I think offensive players around the league liked seeing it for all the times Burfict gave them the same.
Share 49ersWebzone