There are 334 users in the forums

The Coaching/Front Office Carousel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by KiwiM:
There's talk Chargers could go after McDaniel for OC.

I think they meant Mike McDaniel.

ahhh I think you're correct

Yeah that's not happening, Beer already reported Mike will more than likely be the "OC" here. I think they're sticking with their current OC in LA.

edit: I take that back

Rams losing a couple guys
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 18, 2021 at 6:22 AM ]

why the hell aren't the Texans after him? Makes no sense...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Lol they would get shutdown before they even could finish the sentence...." Hey Kyle, I'd like to inter.........click"".

That is assuming the 49ers are really planning on making him the OC, otherwise there's nothing they can do to stop such an interview.

Just made official.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Lol they would get shutdown before they even could finish the sentence...." Hey Kyle, I'd like to inter.........click"".

That is assuming the 49ers are really planning on making him the OC, otherwise there's nothing they can do to stop such an interview.

Just made official.

Yah there was no way Shanahan was gonna let him walk. I was surprised that Shanahan decide to give La Fleur to Saleh and not McDaniel. But maybe Saleh is closer to Lafleur which must've been a favor from Shanahan?? Shanahan didn't even let his brother take him to Green Bay which says a lot about how valuable LaFleur was to Shanahan.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 18, 2021 at 8:12 AM ]

Lol so he walks away from the colts when they had Luck, a top 6 pick and were flushed with cap space to eventually go to Philly and the mess they have there now.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 18, 2021 at 8:30 AM ]

Put in the Saleh thread as well...
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jan 18, 2021 at 8:46 AM ]
Eagles interviewing Todd Bowles today.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Put in the Saleh thread as well...

I misread this. I thought Knapp was coming here as an assistant.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by pdfortune:
The avalanche of outrage that will occur when Bieniemy doesn't get a HC job yet again is going to be enormous.

If the Lions rumor is true Dan Campbell will be named any day now. Eagles and Texans jobs left. Eagles situation looks too insane for a first year coach. Texans went from a playoff team in 2019 to complete garbage except for a QB that has apparently had enough. Bieniemy Beware

Might be better off for his career to wait for next season's coaching carousel anyway.

Yeah, Bengals, Chicago, Denver, and possibly ,if they're smart, Cowboys drop McCarthy for EB or DaBoll

This is what I'm calling. If Buffalo's offense maintains its current levels or improves, teams may be more willing to wait. There's also the possibility that he didn't interview as well as the other candidates.

The interview process has a lot to do with whether a guy gets hiredno matter what his credentials. The GM or owner have to feel roght about him or he's not getting the job. Some people don't know how to interview. They come off too cocky or maybe seen too unsure. Maybe they can't make eye content. It's that way in every profession.
Waiting to hopefully hear he is taking Hightower with him so we can get a new ST coach.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The interview process has a lot to do with whether a guy gets hiredno matter what his credentials. The GM or owner have to feel roght about him or he's not getting the job. Some people don't know how to interview. They come off too cocky or maybe seen too unsure. Maybe they can't make eye content. It's that way in every profession.

Yes. When some people on tv complain about who's getting hired and who's not, nobody outside the room knows what was said.

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I think this is exactly the reason why we are wanting to make him OC so this type of thing can't happen.

Indeed. I wonder if there's anyone else that Kyle has in mind to bring on the staff. You have to figure if this offense can make the next leap and be feared or at least respected for their passing attack teams will be calling for McDaniel in about 2 years. He won't be calling plays, but it didn't stop the Eagles from hiring Doug Pederson or Bears from hiring Matt Nagy.

Very true. Honestly I would like to see Rich Scangarello back with us as a QB coach. He knows the offense and the coaching staff and would help tremendously.

I want him back because Nick Mullens 2020 looks far different than Nick Mullens 2018. Of course a lot of that could be that teams have a lot more tape on him, but I'd still like Scangarello working with the QBs again. I'm pissed at Fangio over that situation. Unless a guy is a total moron, if you hire a guy and are firing him a year later, I'm questioning your judgment since you picked that person in the first place.

Good job guys. You made it happen. Scangarello is back
Share 49ersWebzone