There are 90 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

Yeah he's right.

2024 superbowl mvp

congrats on your 3rd championship trophy jimmy g!
[ Edited by picklejuice on Mar 19, 2023 at 11:47 PM ]
NFL did a 'riskiest free agents'

first person on the list: JG
second person on the list: McG

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-free-agency-best-riskiest-moves-in-the-opening-wave-of-the-veteran-mark
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by picklejuice:
I might watch some Las Vegas games now. I want to see the difference between McDaniels and Kyle's offense.

This is all I want to see. Does he play better in the spread or was Kyle's offense really what was best for him in the end. Or did it even matter? LOL

Define "play better".

There's no doubt in my mind that Jimmy will have success throwing to Devante Adams, arguably the best WR in football. Jimmy's a good QB who's played for McDaniels.

I ask the question what's "play better" mean because for years people have used wins-losses to prove Jimmy's value.

What happens if Jimmy G's stats improve but the Raiders go 6-10?

It will interesting to watch those same posters who used to value winning, now value individual performance over winning… now that he's losing (hypothetically).
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I might watch some Las Vegas games now. I want to see the difference between McDaniels and Kyle's offense.

This is all I want to see. Does he play better in the spread or was Kyle's offense really what was best for him in the end. Or did it even matter? LOL

Define "play better".

There's no doubt in my mind that Jimmy will have success throwing to Devante Adams, arguably the best WR in football. Jimmy's a good QB who's played for McDaniels.

I ask the question what's "play better" mean because for years people have used wins-losses to prove Jimmy's value.

It will interesting to watch those same posters who used to value winning, now value individual performance over winning… now that he's losing (hypothetically).

Wins / losses is what you see when you look through the microscope and focus on it

I routinely mentioned the record, but I also routinely mentioned the rating. Both are top 10 all time at QB. Why do you say ppl used the record? Why don't you say ppl used his rating?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Define "play better".

Wins / losses is what you see when you look through the microscope and focus on it

I routinely mentioned the record, but I also routinely mentioned the rating. Both are top 10 all time at QB. Why do you say ppl used the record? Why don't you say ppl used his rating?
ratings ..percentages.. they don't hold value if you don't throw enough

Define "play better".

To the bolded… because they did. Are you saying they didn't?

It's not all they used tho as you claim

I agree. Lets use his playoff stats to evaluate.

QB rating is a poor metric by itself. The fact that he's top 10 all time should be a clue.

Originally posted by TD49ers:

I agree. Lets use his playoff stats to evaluate.

What ppl don't get is playoff stats are small sample size..

for example playoff stats

Mike Trout BA - .083

you would come to the wrong conclusion on him, using playoff stats
why not use all the stats, to get all the info and the full picture, including playoff stats
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for TD49ers.
Mike Trout?

Thats all you got?

It must get tiring.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Mike Trout?

Thats all you got?

It must get tiring.

example of small sample size.. 3-6 games is hard to tell what a guy is.. isn't that the whole vibe in the TL thread..?

how about Kyler Murray?
🤣
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Define "play better".

Another poster lining up the excuses already
Share 49ersWebzone