There are 253 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
"9-5 QB"

Lol that's probably the second dumbest anti-Jimmy rhetoric pushed here and there was a lot of stupid takes.

Did you read the one recently where the guy says our defense would've been alot closer to middle-of-the-pack without Jimmy?

That's an all-timer right there.

If it wasn't for Jimmy, Bosa would've been a bust.

Yea I think we can reduce his sack #'s by 6 or 7 without Jimmy G in there.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 17, 2023 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I think he will do well there. Good luck to him there. Unlike others I have no hard feelings for the guy. He was a pretty good QB for us who has trouble staying healthy.

I think everyone here knows that hard feelings are exactly what you experience whenever his name is mentioned.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Im going to enjoy reading webzone posters working through the discovery process of what actual mediocre nfl quarterbacking looks like.

Good luck Jimmy. Except when you play us.

Big fan of Purdy and Trey I see
Originally posted by Furlow:
By the standard you're laying out, no one can ever say that any player has any effect on any aspect of the game. Because you can ALWAYS find some other variable from other players, coaches, the weather, their personal life, their health, etc. Again - all of those factors are a given as changing from a game to game basis, that is just life. What we were discussing is improvement from the defense. Yes, the coaches called plays, yes the defensive players lined up, yes the sun rose and set and the wind kicked up here and there. But those factors ALWAYS exist, and aren't necessary to discuss when trying to ascertain what caused a spike a in production or play.

Since you are relentless bringing them up though - it literally negates any discussion of any player and whether they positively affected the outcome of the game in any way. Which also contradicts yourself because you said "Jimmy was absolutely the biggest factor" in the defensive turnaround in 2017. How can you possibly say that AND feel that EVERY ONE of these other factors should be considered a "variable?"

How many times have you blasted someone for saying Jimmy lost the team the game? Is it JUST because you never think he did or is it because you recognize that he never actually deserved all the blame for a loss. Total agreement that to suggest so is either trolling or hating.

Assuming you are able to recognize that then you should also be able to recognize the opposite is also equally ridiculous. Yet here we are.

It is amazing that it's either a guy is all to blame or deserves all the credit or never to blame or deserves no credit. Can't actually have a nuanced view on how the game actually works. Cant see credit or blame being a pie chart with various contributors/culprits. Nope just zero sum in one direction only.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Mar 17, 2023 at 10:23 PM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
How many times have you blasted someone for saying Jimmy lost the team the game? Is it JUST because you never think he did or is it because you recognize that he never actually deserved all the blame for a loss. Total agreement that to suggest so is either trolling or hating.

Assuming you are able to recognize that then you should also be able to recognize the opposite is also equally ridiculous. Yet here we are.

It is amazing that it's either a guy is all to blame or deserves all the credit or never to blame or deserves no credit. Can't actually have a nuanced view on how the game actually works. Cant see credit or blame being a pie chart with various contributors/culprits. Nope just zero sum in one direction only.

Crazy thing is even now, he wont back off of it either. No area for the sea of gray that clearly most of the rest of us reside in.
Crazy thing is even now, he wont back off of it either. No area for the sea of gray that clearly most of the rest of us reside in.

Don't understand why nuance is difficult and succeess/failure has many factors that contribute.

Anyway I wish Jimmy all the individual success he can accumulate in Vegas coupled with complete team failure for the Raiders.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
"9-5 QB"

Lol that's probably the second dumbest anti-Jimmy rhetoric pushed here and there was a lot of stupid takes.

Did you read the one recently where the guy says our defense would've been alot closer to middle-of-the-pack without Jimmy?

That's an all-timer right there.

Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Most likely he broke something, shoulder maybe , picking up the pen to sign.

This post is probably one of your guys more intelligent arguments tbh. It's still extremely stupid but it's better than the the he faked an injury because he opened a water bottle theory both of you spent 2 weeks hilariously pushing.

How do you know Strwy said this? This was back in 2021...good job outing yourself again as a PBM

Your point?
Im going to enjoy reading webzone posters working through the discovery process of what actual mediocre nfl quarterbacking looks like.

Big fan of Purdy and Trey I see

Purdy obviously not talking about him. Trey probably to be frank. Darnold, and others we will see this season, bingo.

In 5 years Darnold has averaged over 1 turnover per game.

But he does unbutton his chinstrap decisively. So there's that. Get ready for an avalanche of mediocrity.

B uT JiMmY iS tHE REsoN KyLe DoESnt wIN SuPErbOWlS.

Lol.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 18, 2023 at 5:13 AM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:

Discovery process ? These are the same folks that blamed coach after coach for Alex Smith's misgivings….

They'll easily throw Josh McDaniels and the entire Raider organization under the bus before even thinking about pointing the finger at Jimmy.

But the premise of your post is correct. You're about to see the real JimmyG who will play slightly worse than Carr and a hair better than Stidham…

Lol ....like im talking about the raiders...
Thanks Jimmy. All the best.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
By the standard you're laying out, no one can ever say that any player has any effect on any aspect of the game. Because you can ALWAYS find some other variable from other players, coaches, the weather, their personal life, their health, etc. Again - all of those factors are a given as changing from a game to game basis, that is just life. What we were discussing is improvement from the defense. Yes, the coaches called plays, yes the defensive players lined up, yes the sun rose and set and the wind kicked up here and there. But those factors ALWAYS exist, and aren't necessary to discuss when trying to ascertain what caused a spike a in production or play.

Since you are relentless bringing them up though - it literally negates any discussion of any player and whether they positively affected the outcome of the game in any way. Which also contradicts yourself because you said "Jimmy was absolutely the biggest factor" in the defensive turnaround in 2017. How can you possibly say that AND feel that EVERY ONE of these other factors should be considered a "variable?"

I see what's happening. You are REALLY struggling with having these discussions at different "elevations." It's like presenting someone with a study of 50,000 people; and their response is to argue based on their personal experience (anecdotal evidence).

Regarding Jimmy and how he relates to the defense as a whole, versus blame placed on him on a game to game basis - those concepts are vastly different "elevations." Since you're struggling with it so badly, there's really no point in discussing it.

You said Jimmy was "absolutely the biggest factor in the defensive turnaround in 2017." I'll accept that and just move on.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Elevations.
I see what's happening. You are REALLY struggling with having these discussions at different "elevations." It's like presenting someone with a study of 50,000 people; and their response is to argue based on their personal experience (anecdotal evidence).

Regarding Jimmy and how he relates to the defense as a whole, versus blame placed on him on a game to game basis - those concepts are vastly different "elevations." Since you're struggling with it so badly, there's really no point in discussing it.

You said Jimmy was "absolutely the biggest factor in the defensive turnaround in 2017." I'll accept that and just move on.

The irony meter just freaking exploded
Bummer we were so close to winning one the last couple years, but it is what it is.

I think Jimmy G. and the Raiders will do well together (if Jimmy stays healthy). Jimmy is exactly the type of locker room leader that you need--he leads by example and professionalism. He's a tone-setter and a culture-setter for a team, and when you have guys like that... it's why Shanahan's 49er teams always progressively got better in-season, because guys were constantly grinding and improving. He has his weaknesses, but he's accurate in the short/intermediate, and he can read coverages and move the chains. I wouldn't say they'll be an explosive offense, but they'll be solid if Jimmy can continue to cut down on turnovers.

I'm not sure Jimmy can win a Super Bowl without a good offensive cast, and a stacked defense, like he had here. I think the Raiders can have a good offense with Jimmy/McDaniels. But that defense has been bad for the last couple years. It's just hard because they play in the same division as the Chiefs and Chargers. My prediction is, at worst, they win 8 games, and at best... 11 games. I think they can get to the Wild Card, but I don't see them making it past the AFC juggernauts in the Divisional (Chiefs, Bengals, Bills).
Purdy obviously not talking about him. Trey probably to be frank. Darnold, and others we will see this season, bingo.

In 5 years Darnold has averaged over 1 turnover per game.

But he does unbutton his chinstrap decisively. So there's that. Get ready for an avalanche of mediocrity.

B uT JiMmY iS tHE REsoN KyLe DoESnt wIN SuPErbOWlS.

Lol.

kyLe Is tHE reASOn jIMMy isNT A PrO bOWLer

Lol
Share 49ersWebzone