There are 198 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Could Trey at QB help the 9ers score more than 10 pts and not make the mistakes Jimmy Fail did and help make the running game and passing game better and also reduce the pressure and sacks Jimmy took yesterday with his legs and mobility?

Probably even without much NFL experience.. SAD. Jimmy still sucks, why he's a backup now and no one really wanted to trade for him 🤣

RUN THE BALL like last season and hope Trey comes back healthy next season and ready to go..
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BangBang49er:
Yes. I referred to him and others as Trey 3amers. It's an inside term.

I don't remember that at all.

Ok... Then pymwymi and show me being negative once towards Trey. You don't remember me calling you out multiple times saying these guys were just as annoying and negative as you always were in the Jimmy thread? I know as a fact you remember that... Same s**t different QB.
[ Edited by BangBang49er on Sep 26, 2022 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
No one is panicking. Everyone is upset because the D is championship level and better than last season, the offensive weapons have been upgraded and or improved, now with Trey down, we're still stucked with same OLD FAIL Jimmy G and his shortcomings.

KS needs to go back to the old formula and RUN THE BALL AND FEATURE THE RUNNING GAME #1 and limit the amount of chances for Jimmy to make his mistakes and shortcomings that have cost the 9ers games, waste of championship D, NFCC, and A SB, ALL DUE to subpar play from Jimmy Fail at QB (no different with Krap and Harb).

They're running out of healthy running backs. Hate to say it, but you should expect a Jeff Wilson and Deebo injury coming up if thats the plan

Dont care, NEXT MAN UP its the NFL and Don't have a choice unless you want to see more Jimmy Failure 🤣

Regardless, this year they have plenty of backs, Mason Mack Coleman Wilson Deebo and Mitchell and TDP should be back in 4 weeks.. Just keep running the ball like last season. No other choice with Jimmy Fail at QB.
[ Edited by ChillninDaBay on Sep 26, 2022 at 10:07 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Well see. I think he'll get much better and you all are completely over reacting to a single loss against a really good defense. No doubt Jimmy played like s**t, I have already said that was one of the worst QB performances I've ever watched but we'll be ok. To panic this early is a little overboard imo. This board was the exact same way last year after we lost to the colts.

Funny how this exact comment was never posted in the Trey Lance thread. And Trey didn't play nearly as poorly.

When you are 33-15 you get a lil slack. No real mystery that the rhythm was all off. He went from NFCCG to shutdown for the entire offseason to welp it's meaningful action and there you go. There is a reason in MLB why even great players typically get a rehab assignment upon return from long layoffs.

In the case of TL we spent 3 firsts and we have no return on investment.. I don't fault him I fault KS. For example if we have Micah Parsons we win that game. Parsons is worth at least 1 point.

You're willing to give a guy that's been a pro for several years and has been in Kyle's system since 2017 a break but because Lance had to sit for a year and then got hurt it was a mistake by Kyle. How many games does Jimmy get to get ready. He looked okay against Seattle. Now he's not ready because he had one of his worst games ever.

I think ppl get it twisted. TL, what I wrote was he has given us no return on investment. He hasn't. Sure he's given a very tiny amount but it's miniscule and not what you would hope / or want from a first rounder, let alone 3 firsts.

Ppl say why don't you give him a break? If he was playing you could say here are some good things, here are some bad things (I said this btw after week 1). I thought the deep crosses were frozen ropes (good) and the miss to Kroft was in the other category (bad).

He's not playing. He's done for the year. So as far as the 2022 season and our SB chances he isn't really mattering or tilting the scales in our favor. He's out. Parsons would be helping us as would our 2022 1st rounder. We could be 3-0 with those guys, with JG or some other QB. That's just what it is.

edit: when I say no return on investment I mean to this point in time.. who knows about the future..

I understand what you're saying and it's disappointing that he got hurt. Now we'll need to wait another year to see if he can be a starting QB. If we had drafted Parsons the team would be in the same position as far as Jimmy goes.
This is all part of Jimmy's plan. He's gonna destroy the team from within
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 26, 2022 at 10:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Of course I believe that. They could have said, we looked at Jimmy but decided to go with Wentz. That would be a confidence boost to Wentz. You think they ONLY comsidered Wentz?

Of course they probably considered Jimmy but his body of work and lack of arm strength made that cost prohibitive. Wentz is much better, cost less and gives Washington a better chance to win.

You don't really follow football huh.

You can't convince me Jimmy is better than Wentz. No way. Wentz throws more touchdowns. When does Jimmy G get you 37 fantasy points?
I understand what you're saying and it's disappointing that he got hurt. Now we'll need to wait another year to see if he can be a starting QB. If we had drafted Parsons the team would be in the same position as far as Jimmy goes.

They made the right move drafting Trey, it's just unfortunate and bad luck he got injured and now they're stuck again with Jimmy at QB 🤣 Just Run the Ball!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This is all part of Jimmy's plan. He's gonna destroy the team from within

Earn Miami a high first and sign there as backup.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CJ75:
I don't think i've ever seen a player as mediocre as Jimmy G get stanned for across any sport. It's actually insane lol

Had we somehow won last night - he would have taken credit for it and his fanboys would have loved and quoted it repeatedly.
You can't convince me Jimmy is better than Wentz. No way. Wentz throws more touchdowns. When does Jimmy G get you 37 fantasy points?

Wentz choked as much if not more than Jimmy and was a 1st round 2nd pick overall, aka Bust. Once again comparing garbage is pointless and fantasy football isn't reality and does not translate into winning in RL 🤣

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by CJ75:
I don't think i've ever seen a player as mediocre as Jimmy G get stanned for across any sport. It's actually insane lol

Had we somehow won last night - he would have taken credit for it and his fanboys would have loved and quoted it repeatedly.

Not with those mistakes, same old fail Jimmy. Feature and Run the ball is the only option.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Well see. I think he'll get much better and you all are completely over reacting to a single loss against a really good defense. No doubt Jimmy played like s**t, I have already said that was one of the worst QB performances I've ever watched but we'll be ok. To panic this early is a little overboard imo. This board was the exact same way last year after we lost to the colts.

Funny how this exact comment was never posted in the Trey Lance thread. And Trey didn't play nearly as poorly.

When you are 33-15 you get a lil slack. No real mystery that the rhythm was all off. He went from NFCCG to shutdown for the entire offseason to welp it's meaningful action and there you go. There is a reason in MLB why even great players typically get a rehab assignment upon return from long layoffs.

In the case of TL we spent 3 firsts and we have no return on investment.. I don't fault him I fault KS. For example if we have Micah Parsons we win that game. Parsons is worth at least 1 point.

You're willing to give a guy that's been a pro for several years and has been in Kyle's system since 2017 a break but because Lance had to sit for a year and then got hurt it was a mistake by Kyle. How many games does Jimmy get to get ready. He looked okay against Seattle. Now he's not ready because he had one of his worst games ever.

I think ppl get it twisted. TL, what I wrote was he has given us no return on investment. He hasn't. Sure he's given a very tiny amount but it's miniscule and not what you would hope / or want from a first rounder, let alone 3 firsts.

Ppl say why don't you give him a break? If he was playing you could say here are some good things, here are some bad things (I said this btw after week 1). I thought the deep crosses were frozen ropes (good) and the miss to Kroft was in the other category (bad).

He's not playing. He's done for the year. So as far as the 2022 season and our SB chances he isn't really mattering or tilting the scales in our favor. He's out. Parsons would be helping us as would our 2022 1st rounder. We could be 3-0 with those guys, with JG or some other QB. That's just what it is.

edit: when I say no return on investment I mean to this point in time.. who knows about the future..

Idc if you bring in a young Lawrence Taylor. The offense still has to score.
Probably the worst performance of his life last night. That was pathetic
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:

Wentz choked as much if not more than Jimmy and was a 1st round 2nd pick overall, aka Bust. Once again comparing garbage is pointless and fantasy football isn't reality and does not translate into winning in RL 🤣
Fantasy points doesn't correlate to winning games, but it does show major contribution to the game
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 26, 2022 at 10:15 AM ]
I feel like he can't be any worse than he was last night. No way to go up I guess? Trying to find the positives...really trying.
Share 49ersWebzone