There are 242 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
One of, if not, the worst game I've ever seen from Jimmy.

Watching it made my head hurt.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
There is a reason why the team wanted to move on from him, he just explained it !!!! Are you Jimmy lovers blind ??? Done

Yes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Why is everyone complaining? Jimmy hasn't had an offseason or training camp - let the man get back into a groove before you start declaring Purdy as the starter. Patience, my brothers.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 26, 2022 at 12:42 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Why is everyone complaining? Jimmy hasn't had an offseason or training camp - let the man get back into a groove before you start declaring Purdy as the starter. Patience, my brothers.

Trey is 22 years old who had 3 career NFL starts and that didn't stop people from trashing him and calling him a bust and all that. So IMO Jimmy deserves no patience. If anybody deserved patience it was Trey but so many didn't even want to give him that.

Jimmy knows this team, knows the offense and has chemistry with everyone already. That's baloney and more excuses. I've seen Jimmy with an off-season and training camp. It isn't better.
Originally posted by 49erminion:
We beat the Rams next monday we are in 1st place in the NFC West.

Lol

Rams will win by ritual sodomy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Trey is 22 years old who had 3 career NFL starts and that didn't stop people from trashing him and calling him a bust and all that. So IMO Jimmy deserves no patience. If anybody deserved patience it was Trey but so many didn't even want to give him that.

Bringing Jimmy back from Trey's prospective probably wasn't the best move. But, Trey is a big boy and can take it. Now, whether Trey was ready is another question. The anti-Trey faction in the Webzone wasn't going to cut him a break, as far as patience, no matter what. But, it's over with - Trey is gone and Jimmy is the starter. Give him a break, considering, he had no training camp or offseason. Way, too early to consider starting Purdy because Jimmy was behind on a couple of key throws on Sunday. He'll be fine - we still have 14 more games to possession ourselves for the playoffs.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 26, 2022 at 1:26 AM ]
Jimmy G did it before and he can do it again....and play a role in somehow getting the 49ers to the playoffs/superbowl.
Bringing Jimmy back from Trey's prospective probably wasn't the best move. But, Trey is a big boy and could take it, when Jimmy was brought back. Now, whether Trey was ready is another question. The anti-Trey fanction in the Webzone wasn't going to cut him a break, as far as patience. But, it's over with now - Trey is gone for the year and Jimmy is the starter. Just give Jimmy a break considering, again, he had no training camp or offseason. Way, too early to start considering starting Purdy because Jimmy was behind on a couple of key throws on Sunday. He'll be fine - we still have 14 more games to possession ourselves for the playoffs.

I am not in the Purdy camp. Haven't been in the JG camp in years. But the bold is a woefully inaccurate statement. There was so much bad about JG's play tonight.

Give him time to shake off the rust? Okay. I think he will improve. Incrementally so. And this defense can take the team far. But JG is going to be an anchor. A passenger. Much like he has been for a large part of his time in SF.
Originally posted by picklejuice:
Jimmy G did it before and he can do it again....and play a role in somehow getting the 49ers to the playoffs/superbowl.

2017 he had a couple games he played well off script. The saints game was amazing but since the Superbowl, he has proved that he can't.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Originally posted by picklejuice:

2017 he had a couple games he played well off script. The saints game was amazing but since the Superbowl, he has proved that he can't.

Losing Trent was also a contributor to the loss.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Polkadots:
Bringing Jimmy back from Trey's prospective probably wasn't the best move. But, Trey is a big boy and could take it, when Jimmy was brought back. Now, whether Trey was ready is another question. The anti-Trey fanction in the Webzone wasn't going to cut him a break, as far as patience. But, it's over with now - Trey is gone for the year and Jimmy is the starter. Just give Jimmy a break considering, again, he had no training camp or offseason. Way, too early to start considering starting Purdy because Jimmy was behind on a couple of key throws on Sunday. He'll be fine - we still have 14 more games to possession ourselves for the playoffs.

I am not in the Purdy camp. Haven't been in the JG camp in years. But the bold is a woefully inaccurate statement. There was so much bad about JG's play tonight.

Give him time to shake off the rust? Okay. I think he will improve. Incrementally so. And this defense can take the team far. But JG is going to be an anchor. A passenger. Much like he has been for a large part of his time in SF.

I remember a late throw to Deebo that would have iced the game. Maybe, your right, but I think we were in the game until he stepped out of bounds late in the game. Denver's defense played well - we made too many mistakes to win the game.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 26, 2022 at 1:40 AM ]
I remember a late throw to Deebo that would have iced the game. Maybe, your right, but I think we were in the game until he stepped out of bounds late in the game. Denver's defense played well - we made too many mistakes to win the game.

But this is the case so often. Plays to be made, that are not made.

Of course the team was in the game, until Wilson's fumble. The defense only gave up nine points.

And yes, mistakes. But the mistakes hurt this team week one too. The team has a lot of issues, with the majority of those issues on the offensive side of the ball. And not just JG. A lot is JG, but coaching, penalties, turnovers...gross.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Thank god we have Jimmy dumbass back to save our season
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Deebo:
Thank god we have Jimmy dumbass back to save our season

Better than dumbass II Purdy.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 26, 2022 at 1:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone