There are 186 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by crusher49er:
People don't seem to understand that the guy cannot stay healthy. In NE after a few starts he gets hurt, in SF he also missed a sht load of time. Do you really want to hitch the season on Jimmy staying healthy which in the past has already bit us in the ass?

The only way Jimmy should be given another year here is if you bring in a 1st round qb, otherwise it's just too risky.

Well its obviously seems like a risk that JL and KS is willing to take and I'm fine with it, lol.
is it really a risk or JG is the only option we have. big difference

i'm not fine with another waster year due to JG
  • Jiks
People don't seem to understand that the guy cannot stay healthy. In NE after a few starts he gets hurt, in SF he also missed a sht load of time. Do you really want to hitch the season on Jimmy staying healthy which in the past has already bit us in the ass?

The only way Jimmy should be given another year here is if you bring in a 1st round qb, otherwise it's just too risky.

What's your solution?
Originally posted by Jiks:

What's your solution?

I think he just told you?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Trying to gauge how those that want a new starter view Jimmy among the other 31 teams:

Do the 49ers win SB 54 with (ignoring the obvious)?

Josh Allen
Tua Tagovailoa
Sam Darnold
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
Joe Burrow
Ryan Tannehill
Philip Rivers
Gardner Minshew
Derek Carr
Drew Lock
Josh Herbert
Dak Prescott
Daniel Jones
Carson Wentz
Matt Stafford
Kirk Cousins
Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles
Teddy Bridgewater
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Kyler Murray
Cam Newton

What's your solution?

He just wrote it lol
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

What's your solution?

He just wrote it lol
The SF Jimmy's don't disappoint
Originally posted by FL9er:
Trying to gauge how those that want a new starter view Jimmy among the other 31 teams:

Do the 49ers win SB 54 with (ignoring the obvious)?

Josh Allen
Tua Tagovailoa
Sam Darnold
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
Joe Burrow
Ryan Tannehill
Philip Rivers
Gardner Minshew
Derek Carr
Drew Lock
Josh Herbert
Dak Prescott
Daniel Jones
Carson Wentz
Matt Stafford
Kirk Cousins
Mitch Trubisky/Nick Foles
Teddy Bridgewater
Jameis Winston
Jared Goff
Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
not sure about winning, but i can see all those guys being able to get us there
I think every 49er fan wanted Jimmy to be great when they 1st traded for him. We got excited after those 5 games. Then the injuries started. Many of you are still hoping he'll be great if he can get enough reps. That would mean he has to stay healthy which is proving to be a major issue. At some point you need to move on and say it's too bad he couldn't stay on the field but the team can't keep losing entire seasons because of his injuries. If he was missing 1 or 2 games it would be a different story but missing nearly every game in 2 seasons is holding a lot of other players back too. Every NFL player knows they only have so many games in their career. When Jimmy misses 13 games or 10 games in a season that's 13 and 10 games that the receivers aren't working with the number one QB. The O line isn't getting used to the way he moves so they know his tendencies. Those little things can make a difference on how they block. I've heard O lineman talk about that. Missing all those games is hurting more than just Jimmy's progress. It holds the entire team back.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I think every 49er fan wanted Jimmy to be great when they 1st traded for him. We got excited after those 5 games. Then the injuries started. Many of you are still hoping he'll be great if he can get enough reps. That would mean he has to stay healthy which is proving to be a major issue. At some point you need to move on and say it's too bad he couldn't stay on the field but the team can't keep losing entire seasons because of his injuries. If he was missing 1 or 2 games it would be a different story but missing nearly every game in 2 seasons is holding a lot of other players back too. Every NFL player knows they only have so many games in their career. When Jimmy misses 13 games or 10 games in a season that's 13 and 10 games that the receivers aren't working with the number one QB. The O line isn't getting used to the way he moves so they know his tendencies. Those little things can make a difference on how they block. I've heard O lineman talk about that. Missing all those games is hurting more than just Jimmy's progress. It holds the entire team back.

I am more than okay with giving Jimmy one more year and seeing if he can find his 2017 form again. 2 years removed from ACL as well, that will help.

But no way we should be going into next season with Jimmy and Rosen. That #12 pick needs to be a QB. If Jimmy plays great, awesome, we have solid trade bait. If not, at least we have a back up plan. Because 2022 QB draft class just isnt this good at all. And i doubt we will see another wild offseason like this for QBs for a while.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
great take and it's how i feel.

And iit goes further than the players, it's also the fan base. Especially to STH like myself. Wasted seasons when you have a good team are far worse than watching seasons with a sorry team

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
29th in pass attempts but 13th in passing yards and 10th in pass TDs. That seems pretty great.

No it doesn't. The word "great" gets thrown around all too easily these days.

I suggest as usual when stuff like this happens is to simply Re-watch the games.

Not just the Saints game, mind you.

But all of them. We had some nice chess pieces starting with Kittle, but the passing game left alot to be desired. Ranking #13 in yards or whatever isn't going to reveal the ineptitude once Kyle's pregame script was finished with.

Kyle's stamp was all over this offense,... Too much in fact, many could argue.

Suggesting "Kyle and Jimmy" ran that year's offense is raising a role player's name a wee bit too much when we put it right up there with Shanahan and suggest "they did it"....lol.

I didn't see Jimmy G leading a great passing game as I guess you saw and were impressed with...with all the 5 yard or less long-gainers that the running game set up and what not.

Not into revising history. You fellas can continue trying to, though.

So they should have done something different?
The offense was second in points allowed and you think they should have run and targeted Kittle less.

LOL
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Name calling in these threads is a sign if not being capable of bringing anything to the discussion.

See: The Alex and Kap threads.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Name calling in these threads is a sign if not being capable of bringing anything to the discussion.

See: The Alex and Kap threads.
you do the same, you also fabricate lies lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Joe dropping truth bombs

https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/1367171558720954368?s=19
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Well its obviously seems like a risk that JL and KS is willing to take and I'm fine with it, lol.
is it really a risk or JG is the only option we have. big difference

i'm not fine with another waster year due to JG

I hold my breathe every time he takes a sac, like oh s**t our season is over, dude doesn't know how to protect himself , and has 0 escape ability to boot, brady and Rodgers I feel always stay healthy because they know how to embrace for a hit or have that elusiveness in the pocket which jimmy don't
Share 49ersWebzone