There are 202 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Why is it, whenever the thought of Jimmy getting better or succeeding on his own merit is brought up, the media has to qualify it with Shanahan as the main reason for it?

You never hear it about Mahomes having Reid, Brees has Payton, Brady had McDaniels etc. He only has 1 full year as a starter, but the double standard is ridiculous.

It really is.

Do we hear anything about Kyler Murray being a product of Kliff Kingsbury? They're already acting like he's got "zero help" like Wilson, and is destined to be a top 5 QB just because.

Sickening. When people want to hate, they put the blinders on and go all in.

Yeah Shanahan is awesome, but he won more with Brian Hoyer in Cleveland than he ever could with the Niners. The Browns actually won games with Hoyer in 2014 and went 7-9 even after losing him to injury (I'm guessing they were 7-4 at that point). That's about as good a record as the Browns have had pre-Baker Mayfield.

So Jimmy taking over a 1-10 team and ripping off 5 straight was all Kyle? GTFOH.

Then Jimmy the following year wins 1 out of 3 games (losing to the toughest teams on the schedule that year on the road), while the other QBs combined win 3 out of the next 13.....

When will this madness stop?

This level of criticism has probably exceeded Alex Smith's backhanded game manager compliments. He doesn't even "just win"....
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Jimmy Haters are so pissed right now lol gotta love it!

Ian Cuckoport would probably feel offended if Wilson was ranked only 4th....
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:
Why is it, whenever the thought of Jimmy getting better or succeeding on his own merit is brought up, the media has to qualify it with Shanahan as the main reason for it?

You never hear it about Mahomes having Reid, Brees has Payton, Brady had McDaniels etc. He only has 1 full year as a starter, but the double standard is ridiculous.

It really is.

Do we hear anything about Kyler Murray being a product of Kliff Kingsbury? They're already acting like he's got "zero help" like Wilson, and is destined to be a top 5 QB just because.

Sickening. When people want to hate, they put the blinders on and go all in.

Yeah Shanahan is awesome, but he won more with Brian Hoyer in Cleveland than he ever could with the Niners. The Browns actually won games with Hoyer in 2014 and went 7-9 even after losing him to injury (I'm guessing they were 7-4 at that point). That's about as good a record as the Browns have had pre-Baker Mayfield.

So Jimmy taking over a 1-10 team and ripping off 5 straight was all Kyle? GTFOH.

Then Jimmy the following year wins 1 out of 3 games (losing to the toughest teams on the schedule that year on the road), while the other QBs combined win 3 out of the next 13.....

When will this madness stop?

This level of criticism has probably exceeded Alex Smith's backhanded game manager compliments. He doesn't even "just win"....

Let's not forget that KC game, Jimmy was in a REALLY good rhythm and had us on the comeback trail from down 35-6 or something at halftime. The drive he got injured on he had us inside the 10 and threatening to make it a 1 score game.

Him getting named in the top 50 players in the NFL by his peers is a big deal. The media and most front office executives outside SF might not respect how good he is and can be, but the players do.

I'm hoping this year Shanahan let's him off the leash and gives him latitude to go deep, or whatever he wants. Then, maybe he will get credited for making plays without having Shanahan looped in.
Best thing ever.

Originally posted by jonnydel:

Sorry for the lengthy hiatus, folks. But, I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

if the players have to go through it, you do too eventually with us.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/138138-kyle-shanahan-eager-show-players-easily-could-super/

i know what you've said to me on twitter and the video, but, I sitll want a breakdown. Lol. you're the only guy I trust 100%. and im not good enough to decipher things on my own that i know you'll be able to explain/catch that I wont. it helps knowing the season is starting soon (theoretically)
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Jul 28, 2020 at 1:25 PM ]
Ranked 43rd by the NFL players, rightfully deserved, getting the recognition he deserves finally.

If he's 43rd, I wonder where Nick Bosa will be ranked, same for Kittle.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Ranked 43rd by the NFL players, rightfully deserved, getting the recognition he deserves finally.

Bosa top 25, Kittle top 10
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Bosa top 25, Kittle top 10

After this season, if Jim performs like I think he will, he'll be in the top 25 in next year's list.
Dan Patrick and Cowherd were ripping Jimmy for being so high on the list. I take it they aren't the only ones. They were mostly upset Carson Wentz was left off. I kind of agree. I'm pretty sure I'd trade Jimmy for Wentz straight up.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Dan Patrick and Cowherd were ripping Jimmy for being so high on the list. I take it they aren't the only ones. They were mostly upset Carson Wentz was left off. I kind of agree. I'm pretty sure I'd trade Jimmy for Wentz straight up.

stick to fisting your sister dude? Football is not for you.

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

stick to fisting your sister dude? Football is not for you.

Well, his fellow players put him there. They are the highest class athletes out there, and they feel he deserves it. I'm not surprised at how the media is going at Jimmy about this and it was going to happen. A bit weird to hear it from Cowherd though, he's always been a supporter of Jimmy. Patrick though, straight up hater lol.

Are you sure about that? Cowherd has been one of the few national media guys that has always given jimmy props

just goes to show that fans don't know jack s**t about what they're talking about lol
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

Are you sure about that? Cowherd has been one of the few national media guys that has always given jimmy props

I didn't listen to his comments about it but I know he's a big fan of Wentz.

Personally I see it both ways with Wentz. Is he very talented physically? Yes. Should he be on this list? Absolutely...especially over Josh Allen and Tannehil and a few others.

Is he better than Jimmy? That I think brings in some interesting discussion.

Better physical talent? I would say yes.
Better QB? Toss up
Better leader? Doesn't seem like it.

I wonder how much of the voting in regards to Wentz was impacted by the reports coming out about him being stand offish with his teammates, a report which he didn't completely deny btw and claimed he needed to change how he led.

Also for all the "Jimmy is made by Kyle" is Doug Pederson chopped liver? He may not be on the level of Kyle but he's not exactly Jeff Fisher either.

We know Kyle's record with the 49ers without Jimmy. Not pretty. What's Doug's record without Carson? 6-2 in the regular season and 4-1 in the playoffs including a SB win where he made Bill Belichick look bad.

It will be easier to tell where both QBs stand moving forward but we saw what Wentz looked like coming back from his ACL injury as he went 5-6 and Foles ended up coming in and taking the team into the playoffs with a 4-1 run and a win in the WC round.

Wentz had to deal with injuries last year but when people claim he was throwing to nobodies it really didn't happen until the end of the season. They had Zach Ertz and Dallas Goedert most of the year. Yeah Desean Jackson got hurt early in the year but Jeffery was playing most of the year, so was Agholor and they had their 2nd round rookie all year long. Jimmy played with a way weaker roster in 2017 when we went 5-0 and the offense was one of the best in the league in that stretch which is why I find it very hard to feel bad for Carson.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

Thats because he heard wrong, cowherd was not ripping jimmy. He didn't mind where he was, what he hated was how jimmy was a tier 3 qb with cousins, Foles guys like that on some other list
Share 49ersWebzone