There are 203 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by socal1632:
With our defense he is able to hold Jimmy back, protect that knee and manage games. With a fully healthy O line and wr core he could hang with Rodgers in a shootout. If Jimmy started running more we would be even be more unbeatable. We will see it in the playoffs or must win situations.

Kyle isn't HOLDING Jimmy back. this isn't harbaugh and smith we're talking about. holy s**t people, open your eyes. This is the first time Shanahan EVER has had a top 3 defense like this. and he's reacting to it by calling games differently with a different approach. he's in no way holding Jimmy back... give me a break.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 15, 2019 at 7:17 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
RIP cc
10-14-2019

sorry to ruin your day but i am going no where. sure i was critical of kyle and lynch. still can be which is more than fine for a fan to do. have also recanted on things i felt i was wrong about.. and this all got started because i dared to say. i hope jimmy does better with ball security moving forward.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Kyle isn't HOLDING Jimmy back. this isn't harbaugh and smith we're talking about. holy s**t people, open your eyes. This is the first time Shanahan EVER has had a top 3 defense like this. and he's reacting to it by calling games differently with a different approach. he's in no way holding Jimmy back... give me a break.

jimmy can sling it around when he needs to.. he just has had little need for it. i also wish the wide outs. not kittle. were a little more dependable in catching the ball
Originally posted by cciowa:
RIP cc
10-14-2019

sorry to ruin your day but i am going no where. sure i was critical of kyle and lynch. still can be which is more than fine for a fan to do. have also recanted on things i felt i was wrong about.. and this all got started because i dared to say. i hope jimmy does better with ball security moving forward.

no it all got started because YOU of all people called someone else "thin-skinned". however, kudos for your recanting. you very much overreacted and never even gave Shanahan a chance his first year as a head coach.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 15, 2019 at 7:20 AM ]

jimmy can sling it around when he needs to.. he just has had little need for it. i also wish the wide outs. not kittle. were a little more dependable in catching the ball

I agree. and when we needed Jimmy to throw and step up? he most of the time does. (steelers game, again)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
RIP cc
10-14-2019

no it all got started because YOU of all people called someone else "thin-skinned". however, kudos for your recanting. you very much overreacted and never even gave Shanahan a chance his first year as a head coach.

i think i had more questions with lynch.lol. as much as it kills me.. you would have to be a fool not to give ward and aa credit for the job they have done so far. the biggest thing i take back is the o line play this year. my good friend 85 tried to tell me to believe our center will be ok but i was skeptical. it is pretty crazy to see how that line. down two people. have played.. even in 2011 when we had the elite run blocking line. they suffered in pass protection and so far. the team is getting it done with some no names. amazing. i loved and gave praise for the additions of alexander ford and bosa but i never thought in a million years. this defense would be what it is now. i think even the best of the homers did not think it. i still think its odd when some people did get very bent out of shape for being slightly critical of jimmy with his ball security this year. i think its fine to enjoy the wins. love jimmy as your qb but hope for improvement
RIP cc
10-14-2019

i think i had more questions with lynch.lol. as much as it kills me.. you would have to be a fool not to give ward and aa credit for the job they have done so far. the biggest thing i take back is the o line play this year. my good friend 85 tried to tell me to believe our center will be ok but i was skeptical. it is pretty crazy to see how that line. down two people. have played.. even in 2011 when we had the elite run blocking line. they suffered in pass protection and so far. the team is getting it done with some no names. amazing. i loved and gave praise for the additions of alexander ford and bosa but i never thought in a million years. this defense would be what it is now. i think even the best of the homers did not think it. i still think its odd when some people did get very bent out of shape for being slightly critical of jimmy with his ball security this year. i think its fine to enjoy the wins. love jimmy as your qb but hope for improvement

so you admit you jumped the gun on Shanahan and was unjustifiably overly critical in his 1st year as HC?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I agree. and when we needed Jimmy to throw and step up? he most of the time does. (steelers game, again)

i try to see the point of the posters who are dissecting jimmys game and hoping he gets better. but the one thing i do not understand is those who say. jimmy can not bring a team back. or put the team on his back to win games. i just go to that game as proof he can.. but i much rather would enjoy the way the team has been winning.. a violent defense. sound run game. clever use of the passing, get up by two scores, protect the lead in the 4th quarter and bring out the worse in the other team and the other teams quarterback. i am very old and l like the old school football. its like the jh days but with a better qb and a team that can actually pick up first downs on third down
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
RIP cc
10-14-2019

Only day that was ruined was yours, jonnydel destroyed you. Lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
CC, you became white noise. If you're going to comment about others being thin skinned, you have to be thick skinned here. You put so many pieces of this team on constant blast for 3 years without consideration for circumstance or logical reasoning and anyone who would say things like, "there were no good edge rushers available" you would bemoan the excuses.

When Jimmy went down with an ACL and the team struggled, you gave shanahan no slack.

When they didnt change the O-line, you said they were going to get Jimmy hurt.

When they didnt sign E. Thomas you talked about how little faith you had in our secondary and not just disagreed, but ridiculed anyone who said they believed in the secondary to improve.

So, when it comes to Jimmy, it's not being thin skinned. It's being tired of critiques coming from you. That's why the credit you give for the good doesn't earn the credit to critique, in many people's eyes. They feel you've depleted that bank account already.
All that stuff has nothing to do with present day and this is not about me.. check my posts in this thread.. i have never ripped jimmy. i just said i wish he would do better with ball security. thats it. you act like anyone who says anything remotely negative about jimmy had just as much ran over your dog with a steam roller. so please climb down off your high horse. no one is hating on jimmy., some of use wish he would improve his ball security. thats it. the wide outs have hurt him with dropped passes as well

Explain please. What in my post seemed like that?

What you dont get is it is precisely about you and a few others. If this were coming from Greg Cosell there would be no back and forth like this. If Thl or Niners816 did this, not many would have a problem.

You're being thin skinned. It is about the past. You lost your credibility, so don't cry now about people being thin skinned. They're sick of hearing you say ANYTHING remotely negative because it sounds like same old same old CC.

Adam Rank admitted he was an idiot for saying we would be 3-13. What did you day we would be?

You said the O-lime was trash, stick to it. You said Shanny was a glorified OC and wasn't fit to be a HC, stick to it. You said Saleh was unqualified, stick to it.

Don't be mad when the rest of us won't accept any criticism from you.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
RIP cc
10-14-2019

so you admit you jumped the gun on Shanahan and was unjustifiably overly critical in his 1st year as HC?

i stand by much of what i said in that first year. i think he made many mistakes, i think he was learning as he went. i never said i was one to be patient. i liked none of the free agents he signed and i was right with smith and hoyer. i jumped the gun bad on juice. i think he got better and the team got better and we actually had direction once he got jimmy. lynch got nothing but praise from me with jimmy and i was one of the few who loved the sherman signing from day one.. this... oh we can not sign sherman cuz he ate turkey was stupid. he was right about crabtree
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
RIP cc
10-14-2019

no. he gave his opinion. he or it did not bother me. in regards to you. bumping threads to incite. i think you for your opinion but you and it mean nothing to me
[ Edited by cciowa on Oct 15, 2019 at 7:36 AM ]
RIP cc
10-14-2019

i stand by much of what i said in that first year. i think he made many mistakes, i think he was learning as he went. i never said i was one to be patient. i liked none of the free agents he signed and i was right with smith and hoyer. i jumped the gun bad on juice. i think he got better and the team got better and we actually had direction once he got jimmy. lynch got nothing but praise from me with jimmy and i was one of the few who loved the sherman signing from day one.. this... oh we can not sign sherman cuz he ate turkey was stupid. he was right about crabtree

no, all you looked at was win loss record. didnt see what Shanahan was doing offensively or what he lacked in the talent department.

you were wrong and you overreacted.
RIP cc
10-14-2019

everything jonnydel said was 100% justified and validated. cc lost a ton of credibility due to his absurd overreactions and pessimism shanny's first year.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 15, 2019 at 7:41 AM ]
Shanny publicly said (at the post game presser) that he had no problem with Jimmy's INT this past weekend. But in reality he's making Jimmy run laps around Levi's with Jed this week.
Share 49ersWebzone