Blaine Gabbert.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Gabbert apparently is starting the first preseason game and has been impressing in Cards camp. Its being speculated that he could bump Drew Stanton off the roster if he continues to show well.

It is amazing that guys like him just keep getting opportunities but this is great news for 49er fans.

Can anyone name a QB in the entire history of the NFL who had 40 starts and a lower win % than Gabbert (.225)? I cannot.
I think he has that nailed, the highest number of starts I could find with a worse percentage was Randy Wright 7-25 who played for the packers in the 80's.

True, I looked as well and it is not close.
Most all the draft busts I could think of didn't even get to 20 games, also all of the well known guys who were bad for years that I looked up had well over .300 win%. Bobby Douglass had a career QB rating of under 50, but he still had a .311 win%. I think he is the second worst one that got over 40 starts.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
WTF he looked like an honest to goodness NFL QB on that drive. Didn't even throw short of the sticks on one pass. Arians must be a million times better coach than stupid Kelly.

Ya think?
Originally posted by NCommand:
WTF he looked like an honest to goodness NFL QB on that drive. Didn't even throw short of the sticks on one pass. Arians must be a million times better coach than stupid Kelly.

Ya think?
fool you once shame on gabbert, fool you guys two,three,1k times shame on you
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ya think?

lol, accurate!
Gabbert fooled some of us with these foolsgold performances. He had a couple good games in 2015 then sunk like a rock in a tub of oil far more often than not.

Maybe Chip Kelly is partly to blame but I feel our QB's were just bad. Still, he would make an OK backup if he could play like he did in 2015. (The year where 4 of his ints went off receivers hands)
I'd like him to do really well, bump Stanton off the roster then revert back to the norm. The Cards would be worse off that way.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Meh he made plays against dudes that will be working at Walmart in 2 weeks.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ya think?

lol, accurate!

No fooling that Arians is a billions times better coach than Kelly. Gabbert...he still sucks but he might look serviceable under Arians.
Some EXCELLENT news...Arians said he'd be "very comfortable" if Gabbert had to play and thinks longer term he could be a starter! This is great to hear - I hope he keeps thinking that and the Cardinals pick up where they left off last year and keep getting worse.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Aug 29, 2017 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Some EXCELLENT news...Arians said he'd be "very comfortable" if Gabbert had to play and thinks longer term he could be a starter! This is great to hear - I hope he keeps thinking that and the Cardinals keep getting worse.

He has played pretty well for the Cards this offseason. For a #3 QB they could have done a lot worse. Arians is easily the best offensive mind he has played under.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 29, 2017 at 7:05 PM ]

Some EXCELLENT news...Arians said he'd be "very comfortable" if Gabbert had to play and thinks longer term he could be a starter! This is great to hear - I hope he keeps thinking that and the Cardinals keep getting worse.

He has played pretty well for the Cards this offseason. For a #3 QB they could have done a lot worse. Arians is easily the best offensive mind he has played under.

I've heard how Gabbert has looked pretty good this offseason - I know you hear it firsthand living there. Gabbert has looked pretty good at times with the Niners and Jags, only to revert back to his old ways time and time again. At this point in his career, I'm thinking he is who he is...no matter if Arians or anyone else is coaching him up. We'll see - I'd be shocked if Gabbert became starter material in the longer term as Arians alludes.

I've heard how Gabbert has looked pretty good this offseason - I know you hear it firsthand living there. Gabbert has looked pretty good at times with the Niners and Jags, only to revert back to his old ways time and time again. At this point in his career, I'm thinking he is who he is...no matter if Arians or anyone else is coaching him up. We'll see - I'd be shocked if Gabbert became starter material in the longer term as Arians alludes.

He is who he is. When everything around him is fine, he is solid but will miss throws. As soon as the offense struggles against an opponent, Gabbert clams up and bad habits begin to appear.
Originally posted by Joecool:

He is who he is. When everything around him is fine, he is solid but will miss throws. As soon as the offense struggles against an opponent, Gabbert clams up and bad habits begin to appear.

Atleast the spirit of Dennis Green will always live forever lol.
The better he plays the better our comp pick for him.
Originally posted by captveg:
The better he plays the better our comp pick for him.

He wont be playing lol. Honestly good for Gabbert doe. Ill be watching closely if he somehow gets in a game.
Share 49ersWebzone