There are 200 users in the forums

DJ Jones-DT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • titan
  • Veteran
He looks pretty quick for a big dude. If he can disrupt the timing of the offense I think AA and DB could really benefit.
Jones is a great par value in the 6th. Kid can really move, shows great awareness in finding the ball typically, and usually does a good job extending to free himself from blockers. Could clean up some technical areas (he sometimes overpursues or lets his momentum get used against him to turn him and move him out of his gap), but overall he's got the abilities to make an NFL roster.
I really really like this pick. We desperately need guys like this, and we will need to keep collecting guys like this throughout the rebuild.

This guy was one of the better under the radar prospects. He's got great quickness for his size. Could play nose tackle or 3 technique. I think he could crack the rotation in sub-packages, he's best when kept fresh in a part time role.
Please God, i hope this guy takes the 1T spot by force. He's like if Brandon Williams and Poe had a baby lol. One time.
He reminds me of a slightly bigger Booger McFarland
DJ has literally already replaced garbage Purcell.
NT
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Jones is a great par value in the 6th. Kid can really move, shows great awareness in finding the ball typically, and usually does a good job extending to free himself from blockers. Could clean up some technical areas (he sometimes overpursues or lets his momentum get used against him to turn him and move him out of his gap), but overall he's got the abilities to make an NFL roster.

Absolutely.

He is the sleeper from this years draft imo.
  • cools
  • Veteran
I was begging for a NT, Didnt want to see Dial having to man that spot if Mitchell gets dinged up

Originally posted by cools:
I was begging for a NT, Didnt want to see Dial having to man that spot if Mitchell gets dinged up

Dial isn't bad, hes better suited in a 3-4 doe. Cmon Jones, send Mitchell to the bench cause you're gonna man handle two blockers come week 1.
Hoping jones grabs a roster spot. If he does, dial is the odd man out.
I like guys with a low centre of gravity. I will be cheering him on.
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
I like guys with a low centre of gravity. I will be cheering him on.

baby Poe.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Our NT.

Or at least the strong side DT. Looking forward to seeing him hold ground on runs to his side.
Share 49ersWebzone