LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 212 users in the forums

QB CJ Beathard - signs with Jacksonville

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
The FUTURE franchise QB for the 49ers. Book it!!

It'll save us a lot of money if CJ can show that he's a starting caliber QB. Beats waiting on the soon to be 30 year old, Cousins.
Originally posted by mayo49:

It'll save us a lot of money if CJ can show that he's a starting caliber QB. Beats waiting on the soon to be 30 year old, Cousins.

30 mill is like 3 legit starters lol.
Like difference makers.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 16, 2017 at 9:24 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
barkley is backing up hoyer. hate to crush ur dreams.

Yeah, no one will See Jay Beat Hard anytime soon.

Still 3 PS games and two nice inter squad practices with Denver....let's wait til the shouting is over.

I'm with you Doc, wait and see, but what I've seen says he is potentially a credible #2 QB.

How can you say something like this with such authority? Way too much time left in camp to determine anything. One thing seems clear though. The way Bethard has performed, and his ability to digest this system so fast, has validated Shanny's belief and his draft position. He looks like he belongs in the NFL, and barring injuries should have a long career. It may be as a career backup, but that would not make him a bust at all. And frankly, a career backup is all that Barkley has been so far.

Blues, I'm with Giedi on this . He qualified it with, "he is potentially a credible #2 QB". That' s not saying , "he's definitely going to be a #2". And i just want to wait til PS is over to see. I do think we will know who is #2 by end of PS. I think it will be clear...one way or the other.

My reply was to the Boner man, stating as if fact that he would not be #2. It's ok, the hidden post is back in effect so no worries

Is on another team?
I watched the tape and his biggest flaw is he's not good looking and has a bad name. Sorry to break it to y'all but he's a career backup
Hes got a bit of Kenny Powers about him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hopefully, CJ gets some reps today with the 2's.

He did yesterday. So he bark might get them today
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

CJ is pretty much our #2. Barkley has been reported throwing an interception per day and they have been dumb INT's. CJ also has been reported to have a better control of the offense. Cohn reported that CJ looks better than Paxton Lynch.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 17, 2017 at 6:44 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He did? I didn't read anything about him getting any reps yesterday.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
CJ is pretty much our #2. Barkley has been reported throwing an interception per day and they have been dumb INT's. CJ also has been reported to have a better control of the offense. Cohn reported that CJ looks better than Paxton Lynch.

Agree.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Beathard spent his entire career in a pro style offense in college. Lynch played in the most basic of spread passing offenses and it was thought that it would take him 2-3 years just to get up to speed in the NFL.

I wouldnt be shocked if Beathard turns out to be the better QB overall either but Beathard was definitely far better prepared for the NFL game throughout college.

Also this is Cohn who doesn't appear to have the foggiest clue as towhat he is actually looking at most of the time.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 17, 2017 at 7:23 AM ]
The saying for a receiver is, "If you're even, you're leav'n."

That's how I view this #2 battle. If BeatHard and Barkley are in an even race by the end of TC, BeatHard wins and Barkley is cut.

There would be absolutely no reason to keep Barkley. He's reached his ceiling, he'd be taking up some of BeatHard's snaps in practice, if Hoyer goes down, BeatHard gets to play and grow on the field which helps the FO perspective on attacking the draft and FA next off season, it's a rebuild year anyhow, not hard to find a 3rd string veteran QB (maybe have Barkley on speed dial), etc.

...just no reason.

He did? I didn't read anything about him getting any reps yesterday.

I saw a write up that said they split with the 2's in drills and Beathard got all the reps in the move the ball period. Which I guess is an indication he will get the nod as number 2 in the next game.
Originally posted by NCommand:
The saying for a receiver is, "If you're even, you're leav'n."

That's how I view this #2 battle. If BeatHard and Barkley are in an even race by the end of TC, BeatHard wins and Barkley is cut.

There would be absolutely no reason to keep Barkley. He's reached his ceiling, he'd be taking up some of BeatHard's snaps in practice, if Hoyer goes down, BeatHard gets to play and grow on the field which helps the FO perspective on attacking the draft and FA next off season, it's a rebuild year anyhow, not hard to find a 3rd string veteran QB (maybe have Barkley on speed dial), etc.

...just no reason.

I would say if it is even close you cut Barkley for the roster spot, CJ will continue to grow with the extra reps...Bark is what he is. CJ doesn't even have to clearly beat him out of camp, just be close, he will get there soon enough and we could use the roster spot on an area where we are banged up in the depth dept like LB or corner.
Share 49ersWebzone