LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 189 users in the forums

Ahkello Witherspoon, CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
His dad worked with my bro in law and just quit. That's me reporting maybe some monay going his way

Or not.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
making me eat crow for all the stuff i said about him before the season...

I'm starting to dig in as well but I'm still not convinced. He gives up easy catches but at least this year he is turning his damn head around and breaking on balls. If he keeps this up we have a deep playoff team.

Needs to be an all season effort. Not gonna let Year 1 Witherspoon/Colbert fool me again.

Back to back good seasons. He basically has to play well enough to be offered a second contract.
Playing at a really high level. Hope it continues. I think Verrett pushing him has a lot to do with it plus obviously an improved pass rush...
Originally posted by Zachary:
His dad worked with my bro in law and just quit. That's me reporting maybe some monay going his way

Or not.

My good friend is friends with his dad and worked with Ahkello before he went to college. We got to talk with his dad before the game in Tampa. He told us that Ahkello has put on some serious muscle in the off-season and that his attitude had completely changed. In a good way. He was really proud of the ton of work his son had put in this offseason.

Talking to his dad got us really pumped up for this season. A lot of the inside info I know about Ahkello's work ethic and other stuff had me really down about this pick but it seems like the kid has really changed his way of thinking. I'd love to eat crow about my initial thoughts on Ahkello being drafted by my favorite team.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Sep 21, 2019 at 7:49 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Playing at a really high level. Hope it continues. I think Verrett pushing him has a lot to do with it plus obviously an improved pass rush...

And experience...mind and body maturing and learning the game of football.

Too many ppl expect these guys to come in and play well in first couple years. It takes time. Not everyone is Ramsey.
Hope his injury isn't serious....
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

this is key
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

this is key

Please be ok. He's playing at an All-Pro level right now.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

this is key

Please be ok. He's playing at an All-Pro level right now.

HE IS??? BASED ON WHAT??

IT'S MORE LIKE HE'S HAD A GOOD GAME FOR THE LAST 3 GAMES..

ALL PRO????
  • Kyzen
Dude is way better than Verrett!!!

This dude needs to save the team. Verrett is horrible
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
He was back on the sideline at the end of the game, I hope that's a good sign.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
So physical.

Never seen a guy turn a weakness into a strength like him. Most guys just improve enough in an area of weakness so that it's not a liability.

Witherspoon is knocking people out.
How did he get injured? All I saw was him on the cart to the locker room.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone