There are 100 users in the forums

Reuben Foster

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think he does have a lack of emotional control ASSUMPTION. He's the first person in the 80+ years of the NFL combine and draft that he's been kicked out of the combine. Aldon didn't do that, Ray Lewis didn't do that. He's the only one. Based on that data point, I think it's plausable that it might have happened ASSUMPTION. If you look at his family history, the fact that your dad tried to kill your mother - is going to affect you in some way, in your interactions with people ASSUME HE MUST BE AN ABUSER. Add in the inherent bias of her situation. Ie. she needs money and Rebuen has money ASSUMPTION OF MOTIVES. Add in the fact that this happens one day right before the draft ASUMPTION OF TIMING, and the fact that her testimony is just too convieneint for Reuben ASSUMPTION. The fact that now there is a video of the incident, when for the whole time since Reuben has been charged with DV, there was no mention of the video ASSUMPTION OF VIDEO VERACITY. To me it adds up to a cover up by the parties to preserve Rebuen's career so both parties can benefit from Reubens ongoing relationship with the 49ers. The 49ers made it clear publicly that if Reuben hit her, he's gone. Do I know what actually happend? No. But I think it's plausable that there was a hitting (but *not* 8 to 10 times), and now both parties are trying to cover it up.

I count 6 assumptions, even if I gave you a 50% probability that each one is true, the chance your story depicts what happens has a 1 and 33 chance. That's good enough odds for me to get on board with the witch hunt.

Nope, those are facts.
Yup, bet your life on it if you feel so confident. Sure hasn't stopped you from betting somebody else life on it.

Where can I get in on this betting other people's lives? That is a lot of juice.
Ok, say the whole DV thing was contrived and non of it turns out to be true. He still has a felony weapons charge, right?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Where can I get in on this betting other people's lives? That is a lot of juice.
well there was no actual vig, i just calculated (0.5)^6 which comes out to 0.034, so I think i gave him some juice.
The court might not convict, but you better believe Judge Goodell will hand out a sentence anyway.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ok, say the whole DV thing was contrived and non of it turns out to be true. He still has a felony weapons charge, right?

bump
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
The court might not convict, but you better believe Judge Goodell will hand out a sentence anyway.

I definitely think there will be some suspension and it probably will be bad.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I'm waiting for BuZz's take. Until then I will reserve judgment.

Same.

its all that really matters in life

bump

pretty sure, you can't possess that type of firearm in california

I definitely think there will be some suspension and it probably will be bad.

No more than 4 games - there would be zero reason to suspend more than that. Especially if the evidence actually PROVES innocence. Sheldon Richardson was busted with weed and illegal guns in a traffic stop and got 1 game. Anything more than that and it will be appealed / reduced.

How can you justify punishing someone if they are completely acquitted of any and all wrongdoing? I know it is Goodell but at that point we might as well go around accusing any rival team's best player of crimes they didn't commit, get Roger to suspend them and reap the benefits.

We may very well be punished for the gun and weed charges but not for this, if and when he is completely cleared.

• Awake
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

it's a semi-automatic weapon, which is legal and REGISTERED in Alabama. From what I've heard there's a 60 day leeway period before he has to register it in CA, and he just got back from Alabama. He could claim he brought back last month.

That charge is paper thin and it'll get thrown out. The DA is trying to make an example of Reuben but now their case has no bite since his ex put out that statement.
[ Edited by Awake on Apr 26, 2018 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

How can you justify punishing someone if they are completely acquitted of any and all wrongdoing? I know it is Goodell but at that point we might as well go around accusing any rival team's best player of crimes they didn't commit, get Roger to suspend them and reap the benefits.

We may very well be punished for the gun and weed charges but not for this, if and when he is completely cleared.

Suspensions haven't been consistent in forever regarding player conduct in the NFL. If Roger feels this case damaged the league image he's gonna get suspended for the DV as well. Again Zeke got suspended and was never even charged. And the NFL executive who reviewed his case recommended not to suspend him. And they suspended him anyway. No way to tell how this is gonna play out suspension wise. If his ex won't talke to the police it's likely she won't talk to the NFL about the situation so he might be good. But I could see them saying 2 games just for the optics
Originally posted by Awake:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

it's a semi-automatic weapon, which is legal and REGISTERED in Alabama. From what I've heard there's a 60 day leeway period before he has to register it in CA, and he just got back from Alabama. He could claim he brought back last month.

That charge is paper thin and it'll get thrown out. The DA is trying to make an example of Reuben but now their case has no bite since his ex put out that statement.

oh ok, good to know
So reuben gonna report to niner hq soon right? Really curious to see him interviewed.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So reuben gonna report to niner hq soon right? Really curious to see him interviewed.

link?

I thought they told him to stay away until he settled his legal issues.
Share 49ersWebzone