There are 129 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas, DT

Shop 49ers game tickets
King Solomon needs to show the world why he was drafted #3, especially with the falcons o-line being weak.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by genus49:
Why are we using hindsight? Won't change a thing and we're in good shape now after getting Bosa and Jimmy. We take Adams or Mahomes and we're not where we are right now.

Time for Solly to step up and show he's got a future here. Him playing NT definitely isn't ideal but he has to show something and help out while we're banged up.

We'll see what happens. Overall I'm not going to lose sleep over the pick at this point because as sad as it is to say if we get a better player that draft it's possible our team overall is worse today cuz we're not getting Bosa.

Because we're just talking, not trying to get to serious over it anymore. Is what it is at this pt.

Meh...what's the point? We have a great team and one that hopefully sees Solly finally show something now that injuries have forced more playing time from him.

How far back do we wanna use hindsight? It doesn't change a thing and if things were different then we may not have the squad we do now.
This thread is hilarious. Before the season people who said he was bust were questioned about their fandom and their personal intentions and most said "oh just wait till this season" now that its the same story its no big dea
Originally posted by teylo31:
This thread is hilarious. Before the season people who said he was bust were questioned about their fandom and their personal intentions and most said "oh just wait till this season" now that its the same story its no big dea

Nobody questioned people calling him a bust. Some people did happen to take some glee out of him not playing well and yeah...if you'd rather be right about him being a bust vs him breaking out then your fandom should be questioned.

He's still a 49er, every fan should be hoping for the best for him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Solomon has to step it up - no more getting eaten up by blockers.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by teylo31:

Nobody questioned people calling him a bust. Some people did happen to take some glee out of him not playing well and yeah...if you'd rather be right about him being a bust vs him breaking out then your fandom should be questioned.

He's still a 49er, every fan should be hoping for the best for him.

Aaaaaand we circle back to this silly argument again.

No one is rooting against Solomon Thomas. JFC!!!
Lol you're trying wayyyyyy too hard and you're just wrong. We're all niner fans and want every player to play well. Thomas hasn't played well, he hasn't and whatever excuse you want to throw out there, it's not gonna change that he's been subpar. That's why I'm basically reading what you say and not paying a ton of attention to it. It's all excuses at this pt.

Go look back in this thread, I was just fighting everyone saying this and that about him. He's heading into yr 4, WONT be given the 5th yr option and most likely heads to another team on a cheaper deal. He's had 3 training camps, and almost 3 full seasons to show his worth. It's not happening right now. Proof is in the pudding.

You won't find one football analysis saying Thomas is currently an elite run-defender. If he was doing as well as you keep saying he'd be playing more, yet he's not.

I hope he can turn it around before it's too late for him in SF.

Pure nonsense.

First of all, Thomas didn't get 3 training camps. The graduation rule kept him out of the first.

Secondly, he is playing well when he gets on the field, as I have established time and again.

Thirdly, why would he be getting more playing time? D.J. Jones was playing well when healthy and Buckner, despite his horrible run defense, is considered an elite interior pass rusher. Who's getting benched for him to play inside? And, as has already been noted, absolutely nobody thinks Thomas is a good defensive end. He was replaced as a defensive end this off-season because they were playing a guy who has no business at defensive end at defensive end.

Also, when I look back in this thread, I see dumb posts of yours telling the 49ers to use Thomas EXACTLY THE WAY THEY WERE USING HIM. "Play him outside on base downs and then move him inside on passing downs." That's what they did with him for two years. Come to find out that there aren't that many 3rd downs in a game, and there is absolutely no reason to play him outside on base downs. None. It was moronic. The guy who should've been playing outside on base downs was Buckner.

Lastly, what's this "football analysis" you're referring to? A bunch of amateurs on the internet writing stupid crap? Just see all the cluelessness in this thread for examples of why internet writers don't know what they're talking about.
Originally posted by JustWin2019:
Lol you're trying wayyyyyy too hard and you're just wrong. We're all niner fans and want every player to play well. Thomas hasn't played well, he hasn't and whatever excuse you want to throw out there, it's not gonna change that he's been subpar. That's why I'm basically reading what you say and not paying a ton of attention to it. It's all excuses at this pt.

Go look back in this thread, I was just fighting everyone saying this and that about him. He's heading into yr 4, WONT be given the 5th yr option and most likely heads to another team on a cheaper deal. He's had 3 training camps, and almost 3 full seasons to show his worth. It's not happening right now. Proof is in the pudding.

You won't find one football analysis saying Thomas is currently an elite run-defender. If he was doing as well as you keep saying he'd be playing more, yet he's not.

I hope he can turn it around before it's too late for him in SF.

Pure nonsense.

First of all, Thomas didn't get 3 training camps. The graduation rule kept him out of the first.

Secondly, he is playing well when he gets on the field, as I have established time and again.

Thirdly, why would he be getting more playing time? D.J. Jones was playing well when healthy and Buckner, despite his horrible run defense, is considered an elite interior pass rusher. Who's getting benched for him to play inside? And, as has already been noted, absolutely nobody thinks Thomas is a good defensive end. He was replaced as a defensive end this off-season because they were playing a guy who has no business at defensive end at defensive end.

Also, when I look back in this thread, I see dumb posts of yours telling the 49ers to use Thomas EXACTLY THE WAY THEY WERE USING HIM. "Play him outside on base downs and then move him inside on passing downs." That's what they did with him for two years. Come to find out that there aren't that many 3rd downs in a game, and there is absolutely no reason to play him outside on base downs. None. It was moronic. The guy who should've been playing outside on base downs was Buckner.

Lastly, what's this "football analysis" you're referring to? A bunch of amateurs on the internet writing stupid crap? Just see all the cluelessness in this thread for examples of why internet writers don't know what they're talking about.

Graduation rule kept him out of ota's not training camp
I saw nothing from him today.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So is he good inside...Is he good outside....Where is it that he's supposedly good at ...

He ain't good period, sucks at every position , wasted pick, should have drafted McCaffrey

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I saw nothing from him today.

Make that absolutley nothing
He had 2 QB hits and played well vs. the run (as usual).
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So is he good inside...Is he good outside....Where is it that he's supposedly good at ...

He ain't good period, sucks at every position , wasted pick, should have drafted McCaffrey

Drafting a RB top 5 would be laughably stupid.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustWin2019:
He had 2 QB hits and played well vs. the run (as usual).

You just won't give up, will you?
Hes a magician.
Share 49ersWebzone