There are 159 users in the forums

WR Marquise "Flash" Goodwin (traded to PHI)

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we are getting rid of him for salary cap relief then a 7th would be fine.

Or get rid of him for a lesser player with a lower cap number.
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Damn imagine getting anything better than a 6th/7th round pick. Would be great.

If we aren't getting any better than that, may as well keep him. Only a year left on the deal correct? As for the cap savings, we signing anyone of note at this point with the savings?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If we aren't getting any better than that, may as well keep him. Only a year left on the deal correct? As for the cap savings, we signing anyone of note at this point with the savings?

Savings could be clay mathews. The pick could be oj howard or trent williams
Trade him and a 5th next year for a 4th this year, CB Bryce Hall is still on the board !
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

Savings could be clay mathews. The pick could be oj howard or trent williams

Didn't know Matthews was still available. Would like Howard. I don't buy the Staley retirement talk, so where are you playing Trent Williams? I also think it will cost high draft capital to acquire Williams.
Didn't know Matthews was still available. Would like Howard. I don't buy the Staley retirement talk, so where are you playing Trent Williams? I also think it will cost high draft capital to acquire Williams.

Williams could just be an investment. A backup T that you can resign if staley retires or let walk and likely get a 3rd as a comp pick.

Maybe he or staley can play RT for a year and glinch play RG.
Also, if the niners just h ang on to him(goodwin) i would not be mad. His skillset is still pretty unique on the roster.

Him paired with aiyuk, deebo, and kittle provides a good combo. A lot of YAC to threaten short to intermediate, and speed to force a safety to gain a lot of depth.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Trade him and a 5th next year for a 4th this year, CB Bryce Hall is still on the board !

Exactly this. Seems like a perfect fit and can develop behind Sherm as he recovers from the ankle.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
GOODWIN TRADED

For what?????
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
For what?????

Uhhhhhhhhhh
Hopefully it's for Philly's 168th pick.