LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 210 users in the forums

Richard Sherman CB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
dude could ride Uber for the rest of his life and not have a scratch on his checkbook. What is he doing

He has a problem. And for him, right now, he might not see it. To be fair to him, I have no way of knowing if he recognizes it or not. But if you live long enough, you recognize the signs. I wish him nothing but peace and serenity. Easily one of the most likable ex-Seahawks out there and a heck of a niner.

I have no empathy for those who drink and drive sorry. I remember losing a school mate in high school. Sat right in front of me in class. She was pregnant and her boyfriend was stepping up to the plate, they were making baby plans. Drunk driver ran into their truck...killing both her and her unborn child. The bf was devastated. It was totally sad. So many more stories of loss over someone's complete selfishness..I don't really care if they are an alcoholic or not..I just don't. Don't own a damn car if ya got a problem. Sorry but no sympathy lol.

I wonder if Amazon will drop him from TNF. Wow - look at the DUI laws in Japan, harshest in the world. If America only had space in their prisons and jails lol.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterlyon/2020/08/27/frightening-consequences-for-drink-drivers-in-japan/?sh=4a9095bf6c52
Current laws make you legally under the influence at .08. Some are now at .05. It only takes two drinks in an hour to reach .05 for most people. That being the case they could stop nearly every person that leaves a bar and they would be under the influence.since very few have just one drink.
https://sports.yahoo.com/richard-sherman-remains-custody-following-155835146.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALnxkC5BmdWeFPKvsamx_GPp-HvKbFdpJ_irqAEtrT-69e_lxNExz6tP9uGy1q50caVeK_j-fBPX9UitBnAA0NhBJDlrNE7RbszlLLo7BMKjD_PJNrHPFmtEYlvhr5BrC1z3EhgT_pwSEMYQTlAlO9cClqjdAuJerTiuf6le-Map
He's always doing this stuff. DUI plus the previous drunk in public, reckless driving and trying to break down the door domestic violence.

A great player, great commentator, potential coach. But a very troubled person. Especially since his playing days ended. He seems very troubled as a person.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 25, 2024 at 9:15 AM ]
I'll never understand these athletes and other famous people that drink and drive. They have more than enough money to call a cab or an Uber. They can afford a limo for the night if they want to. Seriously there's no reason for them to be driving when they are drinking.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'll never understand these athletes and other famous people that drink and drive. They have more than enough money to call a cab or an Uber. They can afford a limo for the night if they want to. Seriously there's no reason for them to be driving when they are drinking.

I think some of it is they play by different rules for years. In High School the get coddled. In College they are coddled even more. In the NFL they are even treated more special. They don't grow up with the same rules and enforcement like the rest of us. They have exceptions made all the time because they are the star player. The rules and societies norms always get bent for them. Not for the rest of us. So I really think they believe the rules don't apply to them. They live above societies norms. Throw in substance abuse or alcohol abuse in this case and you have a problem.
I think Richard would make a good coach, but he has too many off field issues.
It's baffling to me that these Millionaires insist on driving after drinking when they could easily afford to hire a chauffer or use Lift/Uber/Taxi.

It's actually very stupid.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
It's baffling to me that these Millionaires insist on driving after drinking when they could easily afford to hire a chauffer or use Lift/Uber/Taxi.

It's not baffling at all. I don't want to deal with strangers that will want to talk to me non stop if I was a celeb. Chauffers, unless you have one on standby that's your personal chauffer, it's not a 5 min way time lol.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

It's not baffling at all. I don't want to deal with strangers that will want to talk to me non stop if I was a celeb. Chauffers, unless you have one on standby that's your personal chauffer, it's not a 5 min way time lol.

I'd much rather deal with a stranger or two than have to deal with what he's about to have to deal with. This could get really ugly for him. Washington is very tough on DUI's, especially a 2nd one, and he will have to do minimum 30 days, if not more in jail.

Hire him as CB/ Dbs coach....after his rehabs.

Actually it is very baffling....option # 1....hire someone else to drive if he is going to be drinking....option # 2....drink and then drive and hope you don't get killed, kill someone else, or get arrested......again. Option # 1 is logical....option # 2 is very stupid and makes no sense.

It's almost like drinking might affect your judgement
Slammer Sherman
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:

I'd much rather deal with a stranger or two than have to deal with what he's about to have to deal with. This could get really ugly for him. Washington is very tough on DUI's, especially a 2nd one, and he will have to do minimum 30 days, if not more in jail.

Not saying I condone it or it was a smart move, just pointing out the obvious that celebs / famous athletes aren't going to uber. Especially if they are drinking, so that guy can record them when they are drunk? Just not gonna happen. Don't drink and drive is correct answer, but I'm not gonna be "baffled" because they dont want to uber with their status.
Share 49ersWebzone