RB Kelvin Taylor - 6th Round pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
You think they let him wear 21 ?

Kelvin Taylor ‏@Kelvintaylor21 4m4 minutes ago

Trust 49ers nation I'm going do it like my big brother did it frank gore! #WITNESS!!!!

Really good football player,
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Jcool:
RB Kelvin Taylor, Florida

I've already talked about Jonathan Williams of Arkansas, who I think is a multi-talented back and will be a good NFL player if he stays healthy. Taylor is another back I like later in the draft. His size (207 pounds) isn't ideal, but he runs big and has a physical presence. There's a slashing and darting element to his game, and he has good lateral agility. Quick feet in confined space and a strong lower body are important traits for an NFL back, and he has those. He can get through small cracks, which is a skill Frank Gore has mastered, and I like Taylor's future as an NFL back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-draft-preview--10-late-round-sleepers--podcast-163310212.html

YOU GODDAMN RIGHT!
Kelvin always reminded me of Kevin Faulk with how shifty he was. Isn't quite the same athlete Faulk was but he could have a similar NFL career if the 9ers use him in the passing game. He's great at waiting on screens to develop.
Hayne is what brought me to the 9ers so I tend to look at things from that perspective.

Tbh from the highlights I personally don't see anything special. Guys have pointed out that he does the basics very well and carries out his assignments excellently.... that could be just what Kelly is looking for but likewise it could mean that he doesn't make the grade in the NFL not being particularly quick or big or unique in his running style. Maybe his decision making, low error count and toughness makes up the difference but as I said I don't feel he is a massive threat to Hayne apart from adding another body to compete with.

On the other hand if we had signed Kenyan Drake I would have been extremely concerned. He looks to have some special tools and also is very versatile doing the return duties superbly. Only point of difference is that he doesn't have Hayne's power (doesn't take it up the middle) and has had a couple of severe injuries to deal with (arm and leg break). Personally I will be keeping a very close eye on him at Miami. I first spotted him when I saw a video of the 3 fastest RB combine 40's..... I just noticed something in his running style, a smoothness and balance that is different from the norm. Immediately checked his highlights and was very impressed.

Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
You think they let him wear 21 ?

Kelvin Taylor ‏@Kelvintaylor21 4m4 minutes ago

Trust 49ers nation I'm going do it like my big brother did it frank gore! #WITNESS!!!!

49ers on Gameday in year 2018
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

Veddy niiiiice.
If that picture was expanded out you would also see Trenton Brown blocking at RG.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

if thats the case its gonna be a loooooonnnngggg season
Nice article didn't know he broke Emmitt Smith records that's pretty impressive 👍

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/05/07/49ers-rookie-kelvin-taylor-played-varsity-football-as-eighth-grader/
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on May 8, 2016 at 12:04 PM ]
Taylor seems like the perfect type of back for a NE Patriots type of team. Let's hope we can utilize him as smart as a team like that would.
Kelvin Taylor is the perfect bust for a PS to mingle with
  • Drift
  • Veteran

Can't say I particularly fancy the 2018 alternate strip.
Share 49ersWebzone