There are 174 users in the forums

Report Jets looking to Trade Wilkerson-DO IT BAALKE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Lol once again, a good rumor turns out to be false.

Only bad rumors are true. It's so pathetic how consistently this happens.

It seems now with social media these days not matter if its a big news media outlet or a credible source like (Schefter) they are quick to make up stories just to get ppl talking. These dudes are becoming a complete joke prime example (Mike Florio N Bleacher Reports Jason Cole)
If he never hurt his leg, you make this trade all day, every day. But I had enough of Baalke's injured prospects..
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Apr 18, 2016 at 12:50 AM ]
Jets trying to trade Mo for a high pick to grab a QB...

Not gonna happen at #7
f**k no!!!!!
He is still injured and cant playing. Then f**k waste our year. Stop trade me #7 picks.
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 18, 2016 at 8:23 AM ]
Originally posted by GNS1310:

Not gonna happen at #7

Depends on if they like Paxton Lynch and if they think a team ahead of them wants him
Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan attempted to tone down the talk that he could trade franchise-tagged defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson today. But Maccagnan didn't rule a trade out.

Asked about Wilkerson, Maccagnan said that the Jets are "not actively shopping" him. But that may just mean the Jets realize that before they could trade Wilkerson, they'd need Wilkerson to reach an agreement on a new contract with the team they're trading him to. It doesn't mean the Jets won't trade Wilkerson, assuming he can come to terms with another team.

The one thing Maccagnan was clear about is that the Jets are willing to pay Wilkerson the $15.7 million guaranteed that he would receive if he signs the franchise tender. Although the Panthers rescinded the franchise tag on Josh Norman and allowed him to become an unrestricted free agent, the Jets have no intention of doing that with Wilkerson.

"The simple answer is no. I don't view that as an option," Maccagnan said.

Not gonna happen at #7

they might be able to get Lynch. But it would be smart to make that trade when the 49ers are on the clock so no one knows what the Jets are trying to do and jump ahead of #7
we better not trade the top 7 pick in this draft with talent falling thanks to the trade ups for a guy with a broken leg asking for $100mil + and might get lazy or not be 100% in the first year we pay him.

Keep the pick, it's too valuable
lynch will be gone. the broncos or jets are gonna need kaep enough to work with us more eventually. jets will want to agree to terms with fitz at some point and need wilkerson off the books.

• Homer
  • Veteran
#7 for #20 and Wilk all day everyday. No question.

The closer we get to draft day, the more I think this is the only thing that makes sense. We get a 27 year old (once the season starts) in Wilkerson that is ready to come in and start at a high level and have our options open @ 20.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What was the rumor?? That he would love to play for the 49ers??
Originally posted by Homer:

The closer we get to draft day, the more I think this is the only thing that makes sense. We get a 27 year old (once the season starts) in Wilkerson that is ready to come in and start at a high level and have our options open @ 20.

Since he has a broken leg, I would like the jets to throw in a 3rd round pick along with wilkerson and their first round pick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Wilkerson would have to agree to a new contract and no way is Baalke gonna give him a $100 million dollars, like he deserves. Sorry guys not happening.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Wilkerson would have to agree to a new contract and no way is Baalke gonna give him a $100 million dollars, like he deserves. Sorry guys not happening.

As much as I'd love Wilkerson - I think you are on the money that Baalke won't give that amount of $$.
Share 49ersWebzone