There are 202 users in the forums

Sean Payton (remains with Saints)

Shop 49ers game tickets
My theory is, Payton had a confrence call with York and Baalke to go over details and future draft strategy and after that Payton told the Saints he's not signing with the 49ers no way no how.
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
My theory is, Payton had a confrence call with York and Baalke to go over details and future draft strategy and after that Payton told the Saints he's not signing with the 49ers no way no how.

Bingo
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I totally knew that. Such big dreamers the WZers are.....

Hey everybody, sanDiego knew this. He's the winner. He's the big winner here. Everybody acknowledge how smart he is.

Haha
Gotta admit San Diego it was funny
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Lol

Except reports indicate that it never got to that point. The main issue was nobody willing to pay what New Orleans was asking for compensation. Nobody was willing to do so.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Except reports indicate that it never got to that point. The main issue was nobody willing to pay what New Orleans was asking for compensation. Nobody was willing to do so.

That and the Saints flat out stated they were not going to allow him to speak with any teams. That means no one ever got past the trade table, let alone got to hear any of Paytons contract extension demands.

You would think you were on the beyond top secret forums with ll the conspiracy theories around here.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Gotta admit San Diego it was funny

It was fun while it lasted. I'm just so happy we got rid of tomsula this years search at least will good entertainment this year.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 6, 2016 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That and the Saints flat out stated they were not going to allow him to speak with any teams. That means no one ever got past the trade table, let alone got to hear any of Paytons contract extension demands.

You would think you were on the beyond top secret forums with ll the conspiracy theories around here.

hehe ... i figured Payton was to good to be true.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Wow!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Just look at the first round players from any draft that happened long enough ago to fairly evaluate. I'd bet that a SB winning coach like Payton is more valuable than 95% of first rounders. And reportedly the Saints are only asking for a 2nd round pick.
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 6, 2016 at 5:25 PM ]
Far as Im concerned, York/Baalke have already blown this coaching search. These 2 are absolutely clueless. You have an opportunity to bring in a guy with his kind of resume for potentially a 2nd rounder??? This organization needs this so bad it hurts. And you dont pull the trigger? I dont care what his salary demands were!!

Make it happen! Unless a big name candidate comes out I just dont know a name that will trump Sean Payton.
Originally posted by amosmac28:
Far as Im concerned, York/Baalke have already blown this coaching search. These 2 are absolutely clueless. You have an opportunity to bring in a guy with his kind of resume for potentially a 2nd rounder??? This organization needs this so bad it hurts. And you dont pull the trigger? I dont care what his salary demands were!!

Make it happen! Unless a big name candidate comes out I just dont know a name that will trump Sean Payton.

They didn't have the opportunity to bring him in.
It's completely ignorant and asinine to blame York and Baalke for the Saints not trading Payton to the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone