LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 273 users in the forums

RB Shaun Draughn

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
where is the 49ers support for,this guy, where is The discussion ?

Where is the

He did play most of,the season at RB
If Kelly wants him at the right price, so do I. He is a restricted FA.

Sounds like Chip has plans to use all the backs and Ellington and even Miller and the, TE's.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 26, 2016 at 3:38 PM ]
I honestly forgot who our RB was the last few games. I know I can look up the box scores but man, that was a rough few weeks.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The guy deserved to be re-signed and he can be another Hunter for us.
I liked Draughn a lot given the circumstances. He came in, learned the plays, and held his own. Kelly has apparently said that he would like him to come back next season which will create quite a log jam at the position. Hyde is a lock but then you have Draughn, Harris, Davis, and Hayne, who Kelly has also expressed an interest in. They can certainly afford to lose Gaskins who didn't impress me much and Davis is going to have to work hard to show in can contribute because to my eyes it looked like Draughn and Harris clearly outplayed him when given the opportunity.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
I liked Draughn a lot given the circumstances. He came in, learned the plays, and held his own. Kelly has apparently said that he would like him to come back next season which will create quite a log jam at the position. Hyde is a lock but then you have Draughn, Harris, Davis, and Hayne, who Kelly has also expressed an interest in. They can certainly afford to lose Gaskins who didn't impress me much and Davis is going to have to work hard to show in can contribute because to my eyes it looked like Draughn and Harris clearly outplayed him when given the opportunity.

Exactly!
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ers81:

Exactly!

Can't see gaskins coming back tbh he is the odd man out for mine

Davis need to show something in pre season tbs can they put the rookie back to PS or he have to pass waivers ?

Agree Hyde is locked in if healthy for no.1 RB mix up,with Harris and maybe Hayne, but the later needs to show more improvement in quicker decisions at RB

Draughn is an interesting prospect, he was solid when thrown in deep,end with little time on play book, but not brilliant in what the bar is set in the NFL he was a little short, but our OL didn't help...... He did have some Showtime in that he can catch in motion as well....chip,would like that.

Keep Draughn for,depth and injury coverage?
I liked the other RB we got towards the end of the season.

Don't remember his name doe
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

DuJuan Harris?
Harris looks more explosive but I love Draughn's versatility. He looked good in the passing game, think Chip will utilize that.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's ok but he's no Jarryd Haynes.
Are there really that many significantly better options in FA than what we have at the moment?

A healthy Hyde. A versatile Draughn, A nippy Harris. A confident Davis. An educated Hayne. A speedy Ellington. A clever Paton. etc.

Chips must be drooling.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

DuJuan Harris?

Thats the dude
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Harris looks more explosive but I love Draughn's versatility. He looked good in the passing game, think Chip will utilize that.

This. Draughn would be excellent on pass protection and pass catching and special teams. A nice piece and insurance with Harris (old Hunter role) and Hayne.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Draughn and Harris deserve another season with the 49ers, they both stepped in and contributed right off the bat. I can't say the same for Hayne and Gaskins.
Share 49ersWebzone