LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 195 users in the forums

Seattle GM gets caught lying about Frank Clark and Domestic Violence

Shop 49ers game tickets
Per Deadspin, Carroll's pet hobbit responded to questions about Frank Clark's dismissal from Michigan by stating that their "thorough investigation" into the incident made them confident that he didn't hit his girlfriend, and that there was no place on the roster for someone who hit's a woman.

The Seattle Times did a google search (pretty thorough) and obtained the police report, with photos of the injuries she sustained and testimony from the girlfriend, her two brothers, and the two witnesses from the next hotel room, which makes it extremely clear that Clark beat the hell out of his girlfriend in front of her little brother, 1st body slamming her, them climbing on top and punching her until she stopped moving. When the ladies in the next hotel room knocked on the door, they heard the two little brother (one had been in the bathroom) screaming, "he killed our sister!" The ladies saw her on the ground, barely conscious or unconscious and blocked the door open to let the boys out.

When confronted with the Seattle Times investigation, Schneider conceded that the Seahawks never talked to anyone at the incident except for Clark. Now that it's clear he did in fact hit a woman, the Seahawks have made no move to back up the claim that there is no room on the roster for anyone who hits a woman. The story has been out for a while. Nothing on ESPN or NFLN, as of yet, but they were happy to stroke the Seahawks for giving a UDFA contract to the green beret long snapper.

Seattle Times investigation

Deadspin article

Frank Clark's statement that he never lied to the Seahawks

EDIT: just for the Seattle fans who want to claim that JS never was caught in a lie:

1) He stated that they conducted a thourough investigation, but they never spoke to the victim or two brothers who were in the room. "Oh, they're just politely leaving the victim and her family out of it." Two things, by calling her the victim, you are subconsciously atmitting he beat her (and he did), which the Seahawks also admitted to if that was their reason for not interviewing her. Next, they also chose not to interview the two hotel guests who called police, hotel security, or the arresting officer. Oops. Not thorough. Intentionally not thorough. Lie #1

2) He stated on numerous occasions that there is no place on the Seahawks roster for a man who strikes a woman. Maybe they drafted this guy under plausible deniability, but they are being hit with more facts and more testimony from all sides, and he's still on the team. That's lie #2. If they cut him now (they won't), it's just a CYA move after the fire gets too hot. Lie #2, and it's a big one.
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on May 6, 2015 at 6:34 AM ]
Heard this on the radio today. Schneider said they know he never hit a woman or he wouldn't have been on their draft board. Now Goodell is considering suspending a player for stuff that happened prior to him being in the NFL. Michigan dismissed him from the program 2 days after the incident. Shame.
Edit, my bad: ESPN did a couple fluff pieces on it. Still stroking Seattle, while giving little credence to the police report and avoidance of any actual witnesses. ESPN resident Seattle homer admitted that Schneider was in Ann Arbor the Monday after the incident, but says the Seahawks expect the benefit of the douubt because they do so well with reclamation projects.
Yeah by all accounts it was an incredibly brutal beating. Meanwhile the ticker on espn says Bruce Miller facing charges of misdemeanor domestic violence all day when the charge is actually vandalism… no bias at all there.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
That god damn team. How in the heck do they dodge so many bullets? It's really getting quite old.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Yeah by all accounts it was an incredibly brutal beating. Meanwhile the ticker on espn says Bruce Miller facing charges of misdemeanor domestic violence all day when the charge is actually vandalism… no bias at all there.

At least the Miller thing could just be good old incompetence; the Clark thing is pure bias. The ESPN insider for the Seahawks went as far to say it was an unnecessary risk to draft Clark. Didn't even touch the lie or the statement they've made every year that there is no place on their roster for a man who hits a woman. NFL.com and NFLN doesn't even know it happened, from all appearances.

At least the 12s (the worlds most self-congratulating fanbase) are in hiding.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

What a smug, lying b@stard.
My wife and I went to that resort where it happened. Dude was probably wasted on the 40 ounce mixed drinks they sell.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
My wife and I went to that resort where it happened. Dude was probably wasted on the 40 ounce mixed drinks they sell.

Hopefully you didn't have any drinks.

That guy should be getting the Ray Rice treatment. I mean wtf?? How the hell does he do something like that and not a single word on it.
They know they're guilty. That's why they pulled the PR stunt with the Green Beret.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
That guy should be getting the Ray Rice treatment. I mean wtf?? How the hell does he do something like that and not a single word on it.

NFL protecting the shield. Seattle was in the Super Bowl. Whatever came of the inflategate "investgation"?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
NFL protecting the shield. Seattle was in the Super Bowl. Whatever came of the inflategate "investgation"?

Oh you know, atmosphere…. thermo dynamics… flux capacitors…obama… a combination thereof all perfectly explains how the balls were under inflated.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

My thoughts exactly.
Share 49ersWebzone