There are 186 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by FaTaL:
Thomas is too small to play big end, I wish he had some bend, but he doesn't

How is Solly too small for big end and yet Michael Bennett was not?

Time to move to LB then.
Originally posted by zonkers:

Time to move to LB then.

Wow. You are big insult our 49ers webzone. Zonkers. I know you are a Seahawks fan. What are you involved here?!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

Time to move to LB then.

Wow. You are big insult our 49ers webzone. Zonkers. I know you are a Seahawks fan. What are you involved here?!
what did zonkers do?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:

Time to move to LB then.

what did zonkers do?

Yes. I saw to Zonkers wrote his comment. He was a Seahawks fan for last year. I never forget his name. I am doing my responsible and memory other people who speak it?!

You can check at NFL Talk for Seahawks fans thread. I dont remembered his page number. Oh well.. there are many in page from Seahawks thread at NFL talk
[ Edited by BuZzB05 on Apr 10, 2019 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thomas has proven the exact same thing AA has...they are both good edge run defenders in base packages and better suited inside. But neither has any edge pass rush ability.

You're right...we badly needed Ford for that as well as Bosa on the other side.

LOL...what? The dude played 3-4 his entire college career and has zero issues holding point inside. The current film proves that here as well whether inside or outside whether run or pass.

The "too small" theory is nothing but a myth and it needs to stop esp. among 9er fans who should know better.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 10, 2019 at 11:17 AM ]
Why is everyone so enamored with AAs salary? The team obviously has the cap space & wanted to keep AA around another year. He just had the best year of his career, why dump him for a low round pick? He's not a superstar, but Arik Armstead is a solid DL who can play big end, DT and even played well at NT last year.

This crying to have ST play inside (I do it too) and excuses surrounding his lack of production are shocking considering that AA gets absolutely no recognition for the fact he just had his best year, is a versatile, big, still relatively young DL, why do you guys wanna be in the business of getting rid of those types of football players? ST would be at his best inside best Buckner? Guess what? So would AA, so how about we draft Bosa and let the both of them compete to play inside on passing downs and let AA compete at NT in base while letting the better big end of the two rotate in there occasionally also.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Why is everyone so enamored with AAs salary? The team obviously has the cap space & wanted to keep AA around another year. He just had the best year of his career, why dump him for a low round pick? He's not a superstar, but Arik Armstead is a solid DL who can play big end, DT and even played well at NT last year.

This crying to have ST play inside (I do it too) and excuses surrounding his lack of production are shocking considering that AA gets absolutely no recognition for the fact he just had his best year, is a versatile, big, still relatively young DL, why do you guys wanna be in the business of getting rid of those types of football players? ST would be at his best inside best Buckner? Guess what? So would AA, so how about we draft Bosa and let the both of them compete to play inside on passing downs and let AA compete at NT in base while letting the better big end of the two rotate in there occasionally also.

Really nice post.

You nailed it matt49er!!

I agree, I've been saying any tape you watch on AA, he's always in the backfield whether it's against the run or close to sacking the QB, if somehow he can be more aware and actually make those big plays always he could be a star, to me that's the difference between being good and great, making those big plays when you're in position constantly, he just hasn't done that enough while seemingly in position to do a lot..
Simply put, the Niners aren't going to get rid of AA unless it's for at least the same level of comp pick they'd expect to get out of him for letting him walk in free agency in 2020.

As you said, you don't pay any "solid" player $9M for a one-year rental.

I was one of those who was not pleased with his salary...but I agree with this
Originally posted by NCommand:

As you said, you don't pay any "solid" player $9M for a one-year rental.

It's not really a one year rental if you are getting a comp pick when/if he walks
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 15, 2019 at 12:04 PM ]
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 15, 2019 at 12:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
It's not really a one year rental if you are getting a comp pick when/if he walks

That would go for a trade as well. At the end of the day, if you don't retain him, it's $9M for a one-year rental. You don't make that move unless you love the player and just need more time to complete a long term deal.
Share 49ersWebzone