There are 216 users in the forums

Jacksonville Jaguar Arik Armstead-DT Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I predict Armstead will, hold out, then get arrested, then he will get injured, then spread rumors in the media, then retire...do i win for most negative post?
Exciting pick. Only 20 yrs old! N only one year as a starter. JT is one of the best linemen coach out there. Better to let him mentor him at this age since he hasnt picked up bad habits. This was clearly a pick for the future. In tomsula I trust.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Baalke loves dem long arms

His arms are kinda short for being 6-8 bro
Originally posted by Antix:
Obviously a pick made for potential. Baalke and Co. need to realize that Tomsula is the HC now and doesnt have time to coach up mediocre dlinemen anymore. If he reaches his potential then awesome but this guy had mid to late round production.

Scott Brown & Aubrayo Franklin are going to coach him up...with a little Tomsula's "hands on" from time to time.
Welp welcome to the niners...time to get to work!
DRAFT Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/arik-armstead?id=2552493

STRENGTHS Improved by leaps and bounds from 2013 to 2014. Elite size with ability to add more bulk to his frame. Quick-twitch athlete. Explodes upfield into blockers with good pad level and hip snap, gaining instant leverage against the run and often jarring them into the backfield. Gets good arm extension to control offensive linemen and peppers them with powerful hands. Can unlock quickly from blocks. Has above-average tackle radius thanks to his length and quickness.

WEAKNESSES Power-based pass rush with very little production to show for it over his time at Oregon. Plays tall as pass rusher and doesn't use his hands to gain consistent advantages. Has no reliable counter moves when rush stalls. Gets caught up in whipping man in front of him rather than making the ball carrier his focus. Will win against an offensive lineman, but doesn't put himself into position to finish.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dude will be out of the league in 3 years

it is against the law to have a open mind and to actually see him in practice before we lynch him
  • mr_P
this is the equivalent to picking lawrence okoye in the draft. smfh.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mr_P:
this is the equivalent to picking lawrence okoye in the draft. smfh.

where do i start with how many things are wrong with this
  • mr_P
actually, okoye has more years under his belt playing his position than armstead does.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/4/30/8526655/arik-armstead-conference-call-3-4-raw-prospect

A decent read if you wanna work on getting pumped.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/4/30/8526655/arik-armstead-conference-call-3-4-raw-prospect

A decent read if you wanna work on getting pumped.

no, people have already made up their minds that he sucks.
The fact so many fans hate this pick and are writing him off before he's showed up for a practice has me optimistic lulz…
Originally posted by susweel:
Epic fail of the off season continues.

How many downs you seen him play? Oh yeah.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
3 sacks in college lol.

f**k you baalke
Share 49ersWebzone