LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 170 users in the forums

Jimmy Graham to be traded to Seattle Seahawks

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yes, last season Graham had the most receptions on the Saints, but the point is the Saints had three other viable options receiving who defenses had to account for. In accounting for those other receivers, Graham was often in one-on-one mismatches. I just don't think that's going to be as possible on the Seahawks because they don't have other receivers defenses have to account for. If you can center your efforts on an obvious target, you have an edge on defense.
Originally posted by crake49:
Yes, last season Graham had the most receptions on the Saints, but the point is the Saints had three other viable options receiving who defenses had to account for. In accounting for those other receivers, Graham was often in one-on-one mismatches. I just don't think that's going to be as possible on the Seahawks because they don't have other receivers defenses have to account for. If you can center your efforts on an obvious target, you have an edge on defense.

Also, on the flip side, if teams game plan for Graham, maybe Doug B can make an impact and have several more epic rants.
[ Edited by Black24Razor on Mar 23, 2015 at 3:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Also, on the flip side, if teams game plan for Graham, maybe Doug B can make an impact and have several more epic rants.

Right. Everyone is looking forward to the next time he takes a fake dump in the end zone. That's what THEY call "winning with class" up there.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yeah, Guapo has an obscene hatred for RW. And it's due to all the indisputable reasoning I provided earlier backing up RW's play. He couldn't counter it so now he just goes loco with his ALL CAPS lolz.

Lolz.

I personally can't stand RW, that wall street like personality gets under my skin. However, you can't doubt his talent. Right now at least he is better than Kap, and easily a top 10 QB in the league. To top it off, he's never really had great WRs either.
better then Kaep..dude cant even throw like a reg Qb

Who you talking about here?

Also, I'm saying he is better than Kap right now, but I believe when it's all said and done Kap will be the better QB.
If you don't think Russell wilson is amazing than you must really believe that there are only 3-4 good QB's in the game.

brady
rodgers
luck

right now the only QB's I'll take over wilson.
thats it.

The kid is special.
There are probably 15 i'd take over kap

being fanboys makes it hard to be objective, but wilson puts up more points with far less talent than we have had on offense.

and both teams had an elite defense.
only reason ours doesnt look as good is due to the fact that the offense was the worst 2nd half offense in the history of this sport that they kept getting exhausted.
part harbaugh, part kap.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yeah, Guapo has an obscene hatred for RW. And it's due to all the indisputable reasoning I provided earlier backing up RW's play. He couldn't counter it so now he just goes loco with his ALL CAPS lolz.

Lolz.

Nope. Wrong for the what...????? 20th time.
I countered you on every point. I as well as other provided your precious evidence on his
unclutchness,
his poor play and record in the last few minutes when the team is behind,
His lower QBR in those situations
And so on

I have no hatred for RW at all. I just can't stand the apologists like you that are in denial of he being a game manager. If you insist to be wrong that I hate RW you are a complete fool and the idiocy is strong with you. I like kap better than RWsspecially after this last year. I think they are similar and both around top ten but kap can carry a team with mediocre OL play with solid rb and good d, whereas RW can not with the best rb and elite d.

Again, stop assuming I hate RW Bc assumptions make an ass out of you.

I went no caps for you bc I know it hurts your little feels.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by Empire49:
You can't use QB rating to suggest he did enough to win those games. Alex Smith used to put up good QB ratings, but when you look at what he did overall, it simply wasn't enough to win the game. A bunch of safe throws will make that QB rating skyrocket, but they won't have enough of an impact to put you ahead. Granted, I didn't bother to look up Wilson's stats in those games, but my point is QB ratings are often misleading.

Very very true. These fans are missing the POINT. many qbs can put up good qb ratings but that doesn't mean they are good or did enough to win or means the blame can't be mainly put on them bc they were efficient enough.

Look at last year.......many qbs had very good qb ratings but that DOES NOT mean many qbs are good or efficient.

And my point about RW rarely throwing a lot of attempts WASN'T TO PROVE he doesn't throw a lot, so actually looking up his attempts is pretty elementary. My point was RW rarely has to make throws to help the Seahawks actually win games or be a passing team. Seattle is a running team and is all about lynch and the defense. It's common sense and pretty much ANY ANALYST and fan of the game can see that. So using or looking up stats to show RW has DONE ENOUGH not to be blamed for some of seattles losses is ridiculous when in fact he IS the main reason.

Just like if and when the niners d or running game wasn't up to par, then it's on a qb like kap or Alex smith to carry the team. One of the only times Alex smith had done that was against the saints in the playoffs.

So again, please try to grasp the overall point of the post instead of trying to refute a point with stats that aren't telling at all. Thanks.

lol. you are pretty ridiculous dude. LisaTwelve has responded to your every argument with stats to disprove your point, then you start changing ur argument

it's quite sad how biased you are. You keeps spewing out opinions and LisaTwelve actually responds with facts and then he has the nerve to say that LisaTwelve is 'pathetic' when really it is the other way around.

Maybe you should read this

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/301qsm/russell_wilson_seattles_offense_and_some_common/

Although you will probably brush it aside and say these are all RW apologists. I, for one, think Wilson is overrated as well, but you would choose 20 QB's over him? Please list them, because i guarantee you can't find 20 better qbs

Also, this part cracks me up.

Your Argument: Wilson almost never has to throw over 25 to 30 times a game and when he is forced to throw or take the game into his own hands HE FAILS..2-9

Lisa's response: As for "almost never has to throw 25 to 30 times" . . .
~ of RW's 48 regular season games, he has attempted 25 or more passes in 28 of them (17-11)
~ of RW's 8 post season games, he has attempted 25 or more passes in 5 of them (4-1)

Empire's Response: Lol don't put the 2-9 record solely on Russell, because it's a team game......proceeds to put team record next to a singular statimage: of RW's 8 post season games, he has attempted 25 or more passes in 5 of them (4-1)"

You, in agreement with Empire:Yes, it's just pathetic now. Rw apologist.

Then you later in the conversation: And my point about RW rarely throwing a lot of attempts WASN'T TO PROVE he doesn't throw a lot, so actually looking up his attempts is pretty elementary. My point was RW rarely has to make throws to help the Seahawks actually win games or be a passing team.

This back and forth had me cringing so hard. You use the 2-9 to attack Wilson and say he doesn't have to carry the team and doesn't have to throw 25 to 30 times. Lisa responds with stats that prove he DOES have to attempt and ON TOP of that points out he is 4-1. Then you and empire laugh off the fact that she (he? i don't evne know) included that Wilson is 4-1 in those games. Then you have the audacity to say your point was to prove that wilson rarely has to make throws to help the seahawks win, although you discredit her exact points made to refute those facts earlier LOL.

Really, i am the first to say i dislike Wilson. The homer in me, would choose Kap over him anyday. But you are something else elguapo.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
lol. you are pretty ridiculous dude. LisaTwelve has responded to your every argument with stats to disprove your point, then you start changing ur argument

it's quite sad how biased you are. You keeps spewing out opinions and LisaTwelve actually responds with facts and then he has the nerve to say that LisaTwelve is 'pathetic' when really it is the other way around.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/301qsm/russell_wilson_seattles_offense_and_some_common/

Although you will probably brush it aside and say these are all RW apologists. I, for one, think Wilson is overrated as well, but you would choose 20 QB's over him? Please list them, because i guarantee you can't find 20 better qbs

Your Argument: Wilson almost never has to throw over 25 to 30 times a game and when he is forced to throw or take the game into his own hands HE FAILS..2-9

~ of RW's 48 regular season games, he has attempted 25 or more passes in 28 of them (17-11)
~ of RW's 8 post season games, he has attempted 25 or more passes in 5 of them (4-1)

Empire's Response: Lol don't put the 2-9 record solely on Russell, because it's a team game......proceeds to put team record next to a singular statimage: of RW's 8 post season games, he has attempted 25 or more passes in 5 of them (4-1)"

Then you later in the conversation: And my point about RW rarely throwing a lot of attempts WASN'T TO PROVE he doesn't throw a lot, so actually looking up his attempts is pretty elementary. My point was RW rarely has to make throws to help the Seahawks actually win games or be a passing team.

This back and forth had me cringing so hard. You use the 2-9 to attack Wilson and say he doesn't have to carry the team and doesn't have to throw 25 to 30 times. Lisa responds with stats that prove he DOES have to attempt and ON TOP of that points out he is 4-1. Then you and empire laugh off the fact that she (he? i don't evne know) included that Wilson is 4-1 in those games. Then you have the audacity to say your point was to prove that wilson rarely has to make throws to help the seahawks win, although you discredit her exact points made to refute those facts earlier LOL.

Really, i am the first to say i dislike Wilson. The homer in me, would choose Kap over him anyday. But you are something else elguapo.

I hope I am something else that's what I'm going for. I don't want to be the typical blind fan like you or some of these Seattle fans. I wasn't changing arguments at all. You couldn't be more wrong. I have stuck to my POINT that RW is a good game manager and is not clutch at all especially when his great team is behind.

That is fact not opinion, we have all seen it especially this year in the playoffs. That is also a fact. Sorry buddy. Anyone that tries to argue with a stat here or there, like you or Lisa, doesn't make that fact MAGICALLY go away. Funny they are showing this choke job on NFL network right now. Keep em coming apologists.

Also I have said time and time again he is around top 10 with kap. Not that I would rather have or think 20 qbs are better. Read please and comprehend. I said there are a ton of other qbs that can make throws especially a ridiculously easy one in the sb and many others against that average gb defense, NOT that there are 20 better qbs.

I as well as many others have also put up stats to refute Seahawks fans and eveidence to show RW is certainly not as good as people perceive him being on the best team and simply managing the team. But even with all that evidence in my corner to provide RW is definitely not clutch and a solid game manager which I have stated many many times before.....stats were not the basis for my argument. It's common sense. He isn't that great of a qb he is a game manager with the best rb and defense. So again, people like you are something else, that is why I am so willing to refute such arguments
[ Edited by elguapo on Mar 23, 2015 at 4:34 PM ]
Nope. Wrong for the what...????? 20th time.
I countered you on every point. I as well as other provided your precious evidence on his
unclutchness,
his poor play and record in the last few minutes when the team is behind,
His lower QBR in those situations
And so on

I have no hatred for RW at all. I just can't stand the apologists like you that are in denial of he being a game manager. If you insist to be wrong that I hate RW you are a complete fool and the idiocy is strong with you. I like kap better than RWsspecially after this last year. I think they are similar and both around top ten but kap can carry a team with mediocre OL play with solid rb and good d, whereas RW can not with the best rb and elite d.

Again, stop assuming I hate RW Bc assumptions make an ass out of you.

I went no caps for you bc I know it hurts your little feels.
I have seen you reference this a couple times now. Seattle had the best rushing for any team but Lynch was considered the 4th best in yards. Murray out gained Lynch by almost 450 yards to take the top spot (you can say it was due to the oline or the running back but no one knows for sure until this next season with Murray on another team). Sure you can also say there is only a 55 yard difference between Lynch at number 4 and Bell at 2 but regardless he was 4th on the rushing yard list for last year, not number 1. Top running backs is always determined by yards ran for the season (hence the yearly rushing title award) so any other metric used to claim Lynch is the best back is irreverent.

The best that Lynch has done was 3rd on the rushing list in 2012. In 2013 he was 6th. Basically Lynch is a top 5 running back if you want to be correct.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Empire49:
You can't use QB rating to suggest he did enough to win those games. Alex Smith used to put up good QB ratings, but when you look at what he did overall, it simply wasn't enough to win the game. A bunch of safe throws will make that QB rating skyrocket, but they won't have enough of an impact to put you ahead. Granted, I didn't bother to look up Wilson's stats in those games, but my point is QB ratings are often misleading.

Very very true. These fans are missing the POINT. many qbs can put up good qb ratings but that doesn't mean they are good or did enough to win or means the blame can't be mainly put on them bc they were efficient enough.

Look at last year.......many qbs had very good qb ratings but that DOES NOT mean many qbs are good or efficient.

And my point about RW rarely throwing a lot of attempts WASN'T TO PROVE he doesn't throw a lot, so actually looking up his attempts is pretty elementary. My point was RW rarely has to make throws to help the Seahawks actually win games or be a passing team. Seattle is a running team and is all about lynch and the defense. It's common sense and pretty much ANY ANALYST and fan of the game can see that. So using or looking up stats to show RW has DONE ENOUGH not to be blamed for some of seattles losses is ridiculous when in fact he IS the main reason.

Just like if and when the niners d or running game wasn't up to par, then it's on a qb like kap or Alex smith to carry the team. One of the only times Alex smith had done that was against the saints in the playoffs.

So again, please try to grasp the overall point of the post instead of trying to refute a point with stats that aren't telling at all. Thanks.

The reason I called her out on the pass attempts and including the 4-1 because she said that records are team based. But, then she put a team record after his games where he's thrown more than 25 att. Even she acknowledged that she was wrong in doing so. What's hard to get?

Let me break it down for you. She said that in a couple of games from the 2-9 record Wilson had his best games. So, the 2-9 is misleading(I agree that the Falcon game is he best gam Wilson ever played in the NFL) because of special team lapses, etc
But, She then put 4-1 record after his 25 att games, which includes the Packers playoff game in which Wilson threw 4int and relied on special teams to recover a onside, defense holding Rodgers from picking up a single first down, Marshawn going beast ode, etc just to give Wilson in a chance to win the game. THIS is the reason why I called her out. Can't have it both ways. And she owned up to it. So, I don't understand why can't see that?

Either way, I'm done in here talking about Wilson. I said how I feel about his game. If people want to view him as a elite, shoe in hall of famer then go right ahead. Time will tell who's wrong and who's right.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Mar 23, 2015 at 5:12 PM ]

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Kap / Willow STILL!!

Poor Jimmy, LOL!

All I can say is if the oline can give the midget protection, Graham is gonna get a lot of balls thrown his way...
Bump. Just to get this thread back on track.

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Yeah, let's bring this thread back on track.

I wonder if Bruce Irvin is going to fade up Jimmy? Maybe, him and M. Bennett(if he doesn't get his wish to be traded) can tag team up on him. Give jimmy the SB treatment. Although, from I seen out of Irvin, gotta put my money on Jimmy

@BIrvin_WVU11

I still need jimmy fade if he come to Seattle
1:10 PM - 10 Mar 2015
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

The reason I called her out on the pass attempts and including the 4-1 because she said that records are team based. But, then she put a team record after his games where he's thrown more than 25 att. Even she acknowledged that she was wrong in doing so. What's hard to get?

Let me break it down for you. She said that in a couple of games from the 2-9 record Wilson had his best games. So, the 2-9 is misleading(I agree that the Falcon game is he best gam Wilson ever played in the NFL) because of special team lapses, etc
But, She then put 4-1 record after his 25 att games, which includes the Packers playoff game in which Wilson threw 4int and relied on special teams to recover a onside, defense holding Rodgers from picking up a single first down, Marshawn going beast ode, etc just to give Wilson in a chance to win the game. THIS is the reason why I called her out. Can't have it both ways. And she owned up to it. So, I don't understand why can't see that?

Either way, I'm done in here talking about Wilson. I said how I feel about his game. If people want to view him as a elite, shoe in hall of famer then go right ahead. Time will tell who's wrong and who's right.

I got u the first time and glad u made the post

maybe willow needs his own thread for the ones that want to guzzle on his..... and all these limp biscuits trying to get friendly with Lisa
Originally posted by Fanofthegame:
I have seen you reference this a couple times now. Seattle had the best rushing for any team but Lynch was considered the 4th best in yards. Murray out gained Lynch by almost 450 yards to take the top spot (you can say it was due to the oline or the running back but no one knows for sure until this next season with Murray on another team). Sure you can also say there is only a 55 yard difference between Lynch at number 4 and Bell at 2 but regardless he was 4th on the rushing yard list for last year, not number 1. Top running backs is always determined by yards ran for the season (hence the yearly rushing title award) so any other metric used to claim Lynch is the best back is irreverent.

The best that Lynch has done was 3rd on the rushing list in 2012. In 2013 he was 6th. Basically Lynch is a top 5 running back if you want to be correct.

Ok. Now this is reaching. Sorry but Lynch IS THE BEST rb in the nfl. Stats DOES NOT ALWAYS TELL all. Dam. When are some of you going to get it.

MONTANA is the best qb ever and his stats would put him maybe out of the top 10. Bradshaw has "won" 4 SUPERBOWLS but he isn't even a top 10 or IMO 20 qb.

Stop it seriously. For you people using stats to refute that RW isn't much more than a solid to good game manager although he doesn't perform close to good in clutch situations like this last year and even in the nfcc games is very telling.

Lynch is the undisputed best back in the league. Done deal. Maybe 90 to 95 percent would agree so just stop with the stats. Dam!
Originally posted by LVJay:
I got u the first time and glad u made the post

maybe willow needs his own thread for the ones that want to guzzle on his..... and all these limp biscuits trying to get friendly with Lisa

Thank you, at leat someone gets me

I agree, with the rest. Sometimes I wonder if I'm on a seahag webzone.
Share 49ersWebzone