LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 194 users in the forums

For Those Hating on Seattle...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by baltien:
But Kap didn't have four picks. I didn't even bother to look at Kap's QB rating in those games vs. Wilson's rating today, but I'm pretty sure I already know whose is lower.

Also, Kap didn't have the benefit of the defense generating turnovers and giving him a short field to work with....so there's that.
Against the Giants, we got how many turnovers again? 5 or 6?
There is no excuse to not-perform against the Raiders, simply not a single one.

Wilson was really bad today, in the 1st half in particular. But he delivers when it counts the most. That is what counts at the end of every important game. As Justin Smith stated: stats are for losers.

The whole team didn't perform against the Raiders, so what are you talking about? Or is the Niners defense giving up points Kap's fault too?

I get that you like Wilson and that's fine, but that doesn't change the fact that the Seahawks won today DESPITE him not because of him.

Too bad you can't see the difference.
Wilson is playing to win his second SB

Kaep aint even getting commercials anymore lol
Weather or not they are the next dynasty. Is inconsequential. I don't want them to get an inch ever.
Props to Seattle, they have a truly great team but I agree with this post. Wilson is not that dude! If it wasn't clear today that defense, special teams, and Coach Carroll are the back bone then you are blind. I still think NE or Indy can knock them off. Seattle imo benefited from three things this season; A. All around crappy year for the NFC. B. Injury ravaged 49ers (plus harbaugh/baalke drama), C. Palmer injury. Seattle only faced two really good teams... Dallas and GB. Dallas beat them and Green Bay should have won today but McCarthy is a dufus. After this season there is no way Seattle can afford Wilson, Lynch and that defense. Something has to give. And since this is a qb driven league Wilson will get paid, from there I see them being a run of the mill team.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Does not matter one bit if we think Wilson is great or not. The media loves him and will prop him up as the Jesus of QB'ing if/when he wins the SB. Yes we all know it's the defense and running game, but it doesn't matter. As the media says so goes the narrative. He makes plays when they need to be made. Nothing can be done about it.
Originally posted by lazy:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Seattle will still have all the major pieces on defense for at least one more year, Wagner and Irvin aren't free agents til 2016.
Right now, Wilson is much better than Kaep.
Lynch is better than Hyde or Gore.

Sad to say, we're the potential bottom feeders for the next few years if we don't find the right OC.
When are Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril free agents? I can't wait to see those two pass rushers off the Seahawks.

Didnt Bennett just extend
After that game, I felt almost as awful as I do when the 49ers get eliminated from the playoffs. I started thinking more about it and realized how ridiculous it is that I burn so much energy disliking a team like the Seahawks. At the end of the day, I am a diehard 49ers fan and if other teams are doing what needs to be done to win SBs, so be it. The 49ers haven't been closing things out the last few years and the Seahawks are.

Easier said than done, but I'm going to try hard to focus more on the 49ers successes and less on rooting against teams who are taking care of business.
This is a good post, remember tho...

Warner was in his 30's when the rams started to play well and essay was definately in his last few years with the Broncos...Seattle has a 26 year old phenom QB and the best defense on the planet. That's not going away any time too soon...
Originally posted by teylo31:
Originally posted by lazy:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Seattle will still have all the major pieces on defense for at least one more year, Wagner and Irvin aren't free agents til 2016.
Right now, Wilson is much better than Kaep.
Lynch is better than Hyde or Gore.

Sad to say, we're the potential bottom feeders for the next few years if we don't find the right OC.
When are Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril free agents? I can't wait to see those two pass rushers off the Seahawks.

Didnt Bennett just extend

Yep. Three year deal I think.
Originally posted by CMIO:
Who gives a s**t ?!

Yeah I was rooting for GB. Yea Seattle and Petey needed a serving of humble pie. Yea Seattle is our biggest rival in the game today.

But let's keep some things in perspective. Seattle may be the hot pick now, but does anyone remember that great run the Rams made from 99-03 ? Yea I don't. Oh and those Broncos from 98-99 were one of the greatest dynasties of all time right ?

Point being...histories and legacies are made from SUSTAINED success. The Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, and Patriots made themselves a household name because of decade(s) of excellence. Teams like Seattle do it by mouthing off...

So Seattle is going to the SB...and a lot of you youngsters think they're tge next dynasty. Wrong again. All of the above mentioned succeeded bc of one common denominator....good quality quarterbacks. Any of anyone watching Wilson today thinks he's a "good, quality quarterback" then lol at you.

The Seahawks are Marshawn-less and one lucrative RWilson contract away from becoming a bottom feeder in the NFC West. The Niners are a storied franchise with a legacy dating back to the 70s.

And thanks to Seattle, we still have more rings than the Packers. We re still tied with Dallas for second most, and 1 behind the Steelers. And we boast the highest SB win % for teams with 3 or more rings.

So although I hate Seattle, kudos to them for keeping GB just a run of the mill team. And with any Luck (pun intended), NE goes down and Sea gets served in the SB.

49ers storied franchise FTW.

That part about the Rams and Broncos was beautiful. Congrats to the Hawks but y'all ain't top echelon franchises yet. Although if they get a third they will be

Originally posted by Antix:
Stop making Seattle threads!!!

This x 1000

Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
This is a good post, remember tho...

Warner was in his 30's when the rams started to play well and essay was definately in his last few years with the Broncos...Seattle has a 26 year old phenom QB and the best defense on the planet. That's not going away any time too soon...

Russell Wilson is a phenom?
As much as i hate Seattle and New England i will be rooting for the Seahawks there the lesser of two evils and they didn't cheat like that scum bag Belicheat. And i don't want Brady getting his 4th hes cocky enough as it is.
Green Bay totally just handed them that game. Seattle is a very talented team but what I really dislike about them, is that when they win, they b***h, whine and roid rage on how they were slighted. Its never a hats off to the other team, or we made some good plays. No,its always the chip on the shoulder crap.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Kap threw 4 ints and completed what 10 passes. Nice try. What a ignorant post
Nobody cares about some useless stats, safe for some sore losers.

Nobody except for everybody watching tv today seeing how Wilson was a complete joke today and would be a mediocre qb without lynch and that defense. Looks like stats do tell a tale......like Wilson is a game manager that can't perform that well from behind.
Share 49ersWebzone