There are 184 users in the forums

Watch out for Green Bay?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm not nearly as worried about this team as I used to be, especially with our guys coming back. BUT even last year in the playoffs, we were expected to beat them down pretty good, but only came away with a last minute field goal.

This year they are starting to heat up, and their schedule is easy peasy. It could very well be that with the NFC west beating each other up, the NFC east and north could grab the two wildcards. ANYWAY, was just looking at the schedule and was shocked at how easy the Packers have the second half of the season.

That being said, i'm not as convinced as everyone else that our schedule is so easy in the second half. Looking at where we stand, and the schedule of the rest of the NFC, I feel like we'll have to go 9-0 or 8-1.
Yeah, I definitely don't want us playing Green Bay again in the playoffs especially if they're playing on a high level going in. We've defeated them 4 times in a row since 2012. They're probably damn tired of this trend. Then again we lost 5 in a row to them back in 95/96/97/98 so we owe them another beatdown or two.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM ]
We own GB. Not scared
Originally posted by tondiman:
I'm not nearly as worried about this team as I used to be, especially with our guys coming back. BUT even last year in the playoffs, we were expected to beat them down pretty good, but only came away with a last minute field goal.

This year they are starting to heat up, and their schedule is easy peasy. It could very well be that with the NFC west beating each other up, the NFC east and north could grab the two wildcards. ANYWAY, was just looking at the schedule and was shocked at how easy the Packers have the second half of the season.

That being said, i'm not as convinced as everyone else that our schedule is so easy in the second half. Looking at where we stand, and the schedule of the rest of the NFC, I feel like we'll have to go 9-0 or 8-1.

Who said we were supposed to crush GB last year in the playoffs? All they kept talking about was how cold it would be and how that supposedly benefited GB.

Kap owns Green Bay. Not scurred.
Originally posted by tondiman:

9-0 or 8-1 to do what? Get home field? Or get in the playoffs?
Soft Schedule, Soft Team
They are the one team I do not want to see in the playoffs
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I don't curr who we play. We can beat and lose to anybody so it don't matter.
I guarantee GB does not want to see SF home or away

Oh and F GB
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Oct 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I guarantee GB does not want to see SF home or away

Oh and F GB

This. Especially a fully healthy 49ers.

Their D still sucks and their O gets shut down by good defenses (see Sea, Det). They could easily lose at NO tonight.
f**k green bay we smash them lames every damn time
Originally posted by teylo31:
They are the one team I do not want to see in the playoffs

Really? The one team I wouldn't want to see is Seattle because they are the most likely to beat us. Niners can beat any team when they're healthy, and based on past experience I wouldn't be too worried about GB.
  • CMIO
I wouldn't take them lightly. After losing a few, you learn some from your mistakes. Plus keep in mind that we beat GB primarily due to a stout defense...our defense isn't that formidable this year. We already saw what a QB with a hot hand did our D this year.

Hope we don't see them this year
Originally posted by CMIO:
I wouldn't take them lightly. After losing a few, you learn some from your mistakes. Plus keep in mind that we beat GB primarily due to a stout defense...our defense isn't that formidable this year. We already saw what a QB with a hot hand did our D this year.

Hope we don't see them this year

How formidable would most defenses be after losing 5 of their starters? Come on now.
Share 49ersWebzone