LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

Only a FS Jimmie Ward-Houston Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Marshall wrecked him tonight
Marshall tore him a new one tonight
pretty tough to cover that route when the QB has all day to make a perfect throw.
Ward will be the fall guy for people looking to blame someone, but Fangio and the lack of pass rush left him out to dry.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Marshall tore him a new one tonight

no db in the nfl can defend what was happening to him. it was essentially you go post up and box him out and i'll toss you the ball. you can't name any db who could have done anything.

that's on vic not adjusting to the strategy that they used in the 2nd half. they did it at the end of the 1st and then the entire 2nd half and we didn't do anything to stop it.
fangioexcuses
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
Ward will be the fall guy for people looking to blame someone, but Fangio and the lack of pass rush left him out to dry.

Exactly. I mean why is ward even on marshall? f**k its dumb. Put Cook.Johnson on the edge and Cox in the slot. And for Fangio to just watch ward at 5'10 get picked apart by someone 4 in 40 pds bigger without adjusting makes me think he was making a point.
I'm still asking: if Ward can't compete with big WR at all, how in the f.. world should he ever be a reliable safety?
I HATED the Ward pick then and I even REALLLLLY Hate it even worse now.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:

Exactly. I mean why is ward even on marshall? f**k its dumb. Put Cook.Johnson on the edge and Cox in the slot. And for Fangio to just watch ward at 5'10 get picked apart by someone 4 in 40 pds bigger without adjusting makes me think he was making a point.

which is b******t make your points in the preseason not in the regular season. we could be 2-0 and should have been 2-0 easily.

Jimmie "burnt toast" Ward
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Verrett should've been the pick.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Verrett should've been the pick.

Tough to pick a guy who was already picked.
I don't think Verrett would've fared any better.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
get off ward. he played well for a rookie. marshall makes plays against everybody...everybody.
Share 49ersWebzone