There are 262 users in the forums

Mike Williams to Buffalo - WARNING: sarcasm epicentre

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Season over we didn't trade for Williams......

Jeezus, ridiculous over reaction. I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

Some of you guys need to get back to the Nowin/Scotty Mac era and then find TB and get on your knees and whistle dixie over and over and over and over again and THANK him for being smart enough to pass on a guy like Williams when in a month we will have drafted at least 2 better options to fill our WR needs.

relax. everyone in here is being sarcastic

...... except Susweel.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Jeezus, ridiculous over reaction. I guess the thought of getting just as talented WRs from the draft from a couple of our 100 picks along with a FRACTION of the salary cap hit, along with the non issue of baggage isn't a better idea????

Some of you guys need to get back to the Nowin/Scotty Mac era and then find TB and get on your knees and whistle dixie over and over and over and over again and THANK him for being smart enough to pass on a guy like Williams when in a month we will have drafted at least 2 better options to fill our WR needs.

...... except Susweel.
i am never sure about him. I would like to get inside of his head but there are to many people in there now
I don't want his salary or his drama for sure. I do wonder if he can turn it around though, ever since he has started getting in trouble the play on the field has suffered. You wonder if he can get with the right team and a strong locker room and stop with all the criminal behavior if he could get back to his old form. Doubt Buffalo will be a good place for that...rough town.

speak for yourself.

this is why i am switching alliances to the raiders. did you see what they did to improve? tuck in a 3-4 will be amazinig and then woodley spelling smith. and could you imagine MJD in the same backfield as frank gore. and then you throw in the lack of depth at corner(49ers) and them doing nothing to improve it.

and then this comes up, i mean he was basically free, how could baalke have let this pass. he should be fired, and they should replace him with micheal lombardi. he is the best GM in the NFL network but he was stuck with the browns and who can succeed there.
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Apr 4, 2014 at 12:09 PM ]

SMH dumbass newbies....
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by stunder49:
our front office let another get away. more proof that top tier guys are avoiding us

Baalke bombed another situation to get us the superbowl!
agree.seattle is signing their coach and reloading and we pass up a chance like this to upgrade. amazing
And take on a 40 mil contract? Why is it so hard to understand that we don't pay outside players like that.
Do you not sense the sarcasm?
agree.seattle is signing their coach and reloading and we pass up a chance like this to upgrade. amazing

I truly hope you all are being Sarcastic???? Why would we add a problematic WR who has extreme issues off the field and is slower than Crabs/Boldin? He is not fast and does not add another dimension to our offense. Plus makes way to much money to sit on the bench in our 2 WR sets.

Like seriously, think!!!! He can't play the slot, he would be useless in our offense.
The sarcasm meter in this thread is f**king high
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by stunder49:
our front office let another get away. more proof that top tier guys are avoiding us

Baalke bombed another situation to get us the superbowl!
And take on a 40 mil contract? Why is it so hard to understand that we don't pay outside players like that.

Some people don't and won't get it. It is a whole culture the Niners are breeding. Whens the last time you saw the Niners dish out a contract that made your jaw drop? Clements maybe? (even tho that deal really wasn't that bad) How can they expect an in house guy to take a team friendly deal if we are bringing in high priced outsiders. Soon as you do that the home grown studs are asking for max contracts come extension time and you can't afford to keep anybody. Our roster is freaking stacked because our best in the nfl lb corp is making middle of the pack $$. Our PB left tackle signed a team friendly deal. Our stud all world de is on a team friendly deal.

Bring in a Revis and his huge contract, or shoot your wad to get Percy Harvin and pay him a boat load, how yah gonna ask Sherman to take a team friendly deal?

Edit: Been drinking. Not pointing fingers at anyone in this post. Just a statement in general regardless of the posts quoted.
[ Edited by WINiner on Apr 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM ]
For f**ks sake, this guy was the 49ers ticket to winning the Superbowl and Baalke blew it. Stupid, stupid Baalke, acquire an old, broken down Boldin but not a young stud receiver, time to fire him and get a real GM, I wonder what Terry Donahue is up to these days?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
For f**ks sake, this guy was the 49ers ticket to winning the Superbowl and Baalke blew it. Stupid, stupid Baalke, acquire an old, broken down Boldin but not a young stud receiver, time to fire him and get a real GM, I wonder what Terry Donahue is up to these days?

Jed should have sold the team to Al Davis while he was still alive. Another opportunity missed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

this times infinity. good job phoenix. at least a few get it
Mike Williams is done as a receiver but he still could've had value to us.

Why not try him at strong safety? Whitner is gone and we need a replacement. He has great hands (interceptions) and speed (pass defense). I'm sure under Tomasula he could learn to tackle too (if Okoye can learn to, why can't Williams?).

He also could've potentially played linebacker while Bowman is out. I like him as an outside linebacker because I think he would bring nice pressure to the quarterback. Tank, Justin Smith, Aldon and Mike Williams all rushing at once... wow!

Like I said, we do well at bringing players in and teaching them new roles. Instead of a 6th round pick on a specimen like Williams we instead throw it away on Gabbert. Awful.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Apr 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
Mike Williams is done as a receiver but he still could've had value to us.

Why not try him at strong safety? Whitner is gone and we need a replacement. He has great hands (interceptions) and speed (pass defense). I'm sure under Tomasula he could learn to tackle too (if Okoye can learn to, why can't Williams?).

He also could've potentially played linebacker while Bowman is out. I like him as an outside linebacker because I think he would bring nice pressure to the quarterback. Tank, Justin Smith, Aldon and Mike Williams all rushing at once... wow!

Like I said, we do well at bringing players in and teaching them new roles. Instead of a 6th round pick on a specimen like Williams we instead throw it away on Gabbert. Awful.

Gabbert will make a great tight end.
love the new thread title.
Share 49ersWebzone