There are 260 users in the forums

Dolphins looking to trade Mike Wallace

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
I wonder if this is indicative of the perceived strength of this year's WR class...teams like Miami and Philly trying to unload these huge contracts with the hope that a suitable replacement can be found in the draft.

Boom. Nailed it.

If true, I'm really liking how this is shaping up. A potentially significant infusion of talent available through the draft plus proven vets looking for new homes in a depressed trade market or a buyer-friendly free agency market. Our WR woes might finally be addressed.
Originally posted by kronik:
Already? LOL. So Dolphins and Buccaneers sign huge contracts to Wallace and Revis and after one year, they regret it.

Will we still see webzone posters begging the front office to sign big stars in free agency?

Amazing, isn't it? And when's the last time going all in on expensive free agents actually won a team anything? The closest I can see to that is the Seahawks and that $67 mil contract for Harvin isn't even in the ballpark of reasons why they won a championship. It is, however, one of the reasons why it will be very hard for them to maintain success.
Miami must lead the league in acquiring big name WRs and trading them right away.
Crabs, Boldin, Jackson, and Wallace
imagine trading our 3rd for jackson our next 3rd for wallace our 4th for chris johnson and than draft clowney .. #superbowl
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Crabs, Boldin, Jackson, and Wallace

With Gabbert at QB
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
imagine trading our 3rd for jackson our next 3rd for wallace our 4th for chris johnson and than draft clowney .. #superbowl

yes to bad, you would have to cut ck and bring back nate davis to play quarterback in order to pay for those salaries. but then some people would be ok with that. the words romper room want to leap off of my keyboard
Just like DeSean Jackson, there is no way the Niners even look at these guys until they are released and they can sign them to a reasonable deal. Otherwise, ain't happening.
Jesus, WTF is wrong with these teams. If they want to throw money away throw it at me FFS.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
17.25 million cap hit

Talk about flushing $$ down the bowl.
One route only
i am all for resigning our own stars and drafting well.. paying too much for free agents is cool but u never know how that player will pan out in a different system..
Originally posted by DeUh:
17.25 million cap hit

And the huge guaranteed $$ means they cant cut him.... dumbasses!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by DeUh:
17.25 million cap hit

And the huge guaranteed $$ means they cant cut him.... dumbasses!

And this is why Baalke doesn't splurge in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone