LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

Ray Rice arrested

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Discovery requires turning over the evidence to the defendent...not the defendent's employer. Rice's attorney did not have an interest in turning over the video to the NFL. If Goodel asked Rice's attorney for the video there was no obligation for him to turn it over unless there was a court action. Or am I wrong?

Discovery exists for civil matters as well. I don't know exactly how the CBA is written but if the NFL is doing an investigation it could include discovery requests and obtaining testimony under oath as part of the process.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Eric Weddle ‏@weddlesbeard

As a husband, father and player I'm embarrassed to be associated with the NFL right now!

then stop cashing those paychecks

Why should he punish himself and his family because of the mistakes others made?
Not sure what all expect if Goodel resigns...he's the owners' mouth piece, and as such represents their interests. With him gone...not much changes. Perhaps they can find someone who is more consistent and who speaks less often...at least not until he has all the facts. Guess that would be an improvement. But I doubt the next one will be better.

lol

As a husband, father and player I'm embarrassed to be associated with the NFL right now!

So he cant be embarrassed? lol
Originally posted by KegBert:

Why should he punish himself and his family because of the mistakes others made?

It's a bit tongue in cheek...but really, not a fan of holier-than-thou pontificating whether it's a player or people presuming to tell Janay Rice what she should do.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Discovery exists for civil matters as well. I don't know exactly how the CBA is written but if the NFL is doing an investigation it could include discovery requests and obtaining testimony under oath as part of the process.

Not sure what really happened or if the CBA calls for disclosure from the player, but Goodel did say he had been assured all was out from the Rice camp so if the video did not come up that's on Rice and his attorney. What a mess! Reminds me of the old adage...it's not the event but the coverup that really hurts! It was a matter for Rice, his wife and a seemingly simple disciplinary action by the NFL, but now Harbaugh has been skewered, Goodel may be gone and the ownership/GM of the Ravens is missing. Are they in witsec?

It's a bit tongue in cheek...but really, not a fan of holier-than-thou pontificating whether it's a player or people presuming to tell Janay Rice what she should do.

Where do you get that he's telling Janay Rice what to do in that tweet? I read it as him saying he's emberassed with the NFL's handling of the situation.

Where do you get that he's telling Janay Rice what to do in that tweet? I read it as him saying he's emberassed with the NFL's handling of the situation.

I didn't say HE made a comment about Janay Rice, but plenty others have...which apparently now includes Ted Robinson.
Not sure what really happened or if the CBA calls for disclosure from the player, but Goodel did say he had been assured all was out from the Rice camp so if the video did not come up that's on Rice and his attorney. What a mess! Reminds me of the old adage...it's not the event but the coverup that really hurts! It was a matter for Rice, his wife and a seemingly simple disciplinary action by the NFL, but now Harbaugh has been skewered, Goodel may be gone and the ownership/GM of the Ravens is missing. Are they in witsec?

This is a prime example of the coverup being what gets you. Outrage builds when people know they have been lied to and misled

And now the sharks smell blood in the water: "Pressure mounted from outside the NFL Wednesday even before the law enforcement official's account was published. Twelve Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee sent Goodell a letter calling for greater transparency from the NFL, and Republican Sen. Dean Heller of Nevada said Goodell had not acted swiftly enough to punish Rice.

"By waiting to act until (the video) was made public you effectively condoned the action of the perpetrator himself,'' Heller wrote in a letter to Goodell. "I cannot and will not tolerate that position by anybody, let alone the National Football League.''"
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Sep 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM ]
The only carry Rice got this year was when he carried her out the elevator

I didn't say HE made a comment about Janay Rice, but plenty others have...which apparently now includes Ted Robinson.

Ah, ok.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

And he fumbled her outside of the elevator.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

And he fumbled her outside of the elevator.

recovered his own fumble

What pisses me off is that this b*****d has a ring and a truly good guy like P.Willis doesnt. We should have won that game. Just saying. NFL fixed it.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
What pisses me off is that this b*****d has a ring and a truly good guy like P.Willis doesnt. We should have won that game. Just saying. NFL fixed it.

So the NFL told Kaep to overthrow Crabtree in the endzone? Ok.
Share 49ersWebzone