LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 207 users in the forums

Is Seattle going to have cap casualties?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TopNotchPLYR:
I laughed, good edit.

But seriously, I know what we got and I ain't worried. I wouldn't expect anything less from any rival fan except putting down a division rival and coming up with excuses, otherwise what would be the point of having a favorite team amirite?

You're here on our forum -- I'm not trolling on yours. It's typical of every fan to overvalue their players, until that player walks and then they undervalue them - something I'm seeing a lot from you and from other Hawk fans.

CB and Dline depth not important? Role players? Your entire fricken D-line is 'role players' (and I could make an argument for your LBs as well). Change that mix, or lose depth, and you will lose productivity. Swap out players proven in their role for unproven players, and you go from knowing you can win to thinking you can win.
'Aldon Smith can't be in this category yet because he rushes with his head down most of the time, leading to average to below-average edge containment and average run defense. He did show steps to improve that.'

This alone shows that you know nothing about what you're talking about, 'Playa'.
Originally posted by Existence:
'Aldon Smith can't be in this category yet because he rushes with his head down most of the time, leading to average to below-average edge containment and average run defense. He did show steps to improve that.'

This alone shows that you know nothing about what you're talking about, 'Playa'.

comical really. how was his edge containment on the first play of the nfc title game?
You're here on our forum -- I'm not trolling on yours. It's typical of every fan to overvalue their players, until that player walks and then they undervalue them - something I'm seeing a lot from you and from other Hawk fans.

CB and Dline depth not important? Role players? Your entire fricken D-line is 'role players' (and I could make an argument for your LBs as well). Change that mix, or lose depth, and you will lose productivity. Swap out players proven in their role for unproven players, and you go from knowing you can win to thinking you can win.

I'm not trolling, I actually just laughed because your post was funny. And I was conceding I would expect nothing less than the people on this 49ers board to come up with excuses to prove their point, or any board including the Hawks.

And yes, SEA's entire D-line are role players, why would we got spend the star money on the D-line besides one or two ends when we have a proven track record of reclamations projects, UDFAs, and players that were scrubs on other teams when our system necessitates we keep our once/twice a decade safety and cornerback. That's why we let them leave once they hit 30. My original point was that your key cog players for your system (Justin Smith (to draw doubles for Aldon), and Willis (with his crazy sideline to sideline up to the LOS domination), Bowman (the injury), and Gore (power running game)) are getting older and I have yet to see Harbaugh replace them and I've seen nothing in their backups to think they can keep up the same level of excellence that is necessary to win much more than 50% of your games.
I'm not trolling, I actually just laughed because your post was funny. And I was conceding I would expect nothing less than the people on this 49ers board to come up with excuses to prove their point, or any board including the Hawks.

And yes, SEA's entire D-line are role players, why would we got spend the star money on the D-line besides one or two ends when we have a proven track record of reclamations projects, UDFAs, and players that were scrubs on other teams when our system necessitates we keep our once/twice a decade safety and cornerback. That's why we let them leave once they hit 30. My original point was that your key cog players for your system (Justin Smith (to draw doubles for Aldon), and Willis (with his crazy sideline to sideline up to the LOS domination), Bowman (the injury), and Gore (power running game)) are getting older and I have yet to see Harbaugh replace them and I've seen nothing in their backups to think they can keep up the same level of excellence that is necessary to win much more than 50% of your games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_fallacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_quoting_out_of_context
etc etc, take your pick.

Moving on from the trolls...
Originally posted by crabman82:

You think Lattimore has really shown something to reliably replace Gore? Or that Hunter is an every down back in the NFC West?

Now that is laughable!
None of those players have really proved to be difference makers. Kaepernick in the open field is field tilter. Reid "could" be a game changer but I haven't seen anything yet besides being a solid role player that you would want to walk when he signs contract too rich to hang onto due to being part of a great defense. Willis is not the HOF LB he used to be which was the centerpiece of their defense. Yes, he's going to the HOF for SURE but because of the way he used to be. He is still elite though (as of last year, is that going to hold true next year?) so yes he is a field tilter. Bowman is also sick and if he comes back 100%+ he will be in that category too. So would be Staley. The word around here is that Iupati will walk. Aldon Smith can't be in this category yet because he rushes with his head down most of the time, leading to average to below-average edge containment and average run defense. He did show steps to improve that.

So we got Staley, Willis, and Bowman as young game changers that are in the long term plans. However, from the eye test I see Willis noticeably declining (review the NFCCG, esp Lynch's long run), Bowman was hurt pretty bad, hopefully he comes back fine but I'd say it's fair to throw that into the "age" category at least this offseason. Staley doesn't really play at a prime field tilting position, especially considering Kaepernick's throwing is not his strong suit. So essentially we have Kaepernick's running ability and Willis and Bowman, and that's exactly how the NFCCG played out. Strong defense which was strongest in the middle but gave up a key game changing play, and Kaepernick running around everywhere. I think Seattle will solve Kaepernick this year (Irvin on one side with contain and K.J. Wright/Thomas on the other side is my guess). So all you got in terms of game changers are pre-draft heading forward is Willis and Bowman. 9-7.

Pro football focus rated Willis as the number 2 ILB only to Navarro Bowman if I recall correctly. Willis' role has changed alongside Bowman but he still has 4.4 speed and you will see just how great Willis still is this season with Bowman out. You have zero ILB on your team that can do what Willis can
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM ]
etc etc, take your pick.

How can I be a troll discussing my team on my own forum? And I gave your entire quote on Aldon Smith, which expressed information that was factually incorrect and, thereby, demonstrated an acute lack of knowledge of the subject on which you were pretending to be knowledgeable, Playa.
You can always tell which fans watch the games closely and which "fans" simply read analysis of players and teams online. Don't forget to re-up your ESPN Insider subscriptions, 12s.

You think Lattimore has really shown something to reliably replace Gore? Or that Hunter is an every down back in the NFC West?

Now that is laughable!

You're talking as if these players are going to need to be replaced right now. The 9ers have been rotating Gore with Hunter and others for the past few seasons, so I would expect he will continue to perform at a high level, and we will be able to ease Lattimore into the rotation and know for sure what he can do.

I would actually be more worried about Lynch's potential for next season. He had over 200 carries more than Gore over the last two seasons and a lot of tread on those tires (his style of taking on tacklers, delivering blows and carrying defenders has historically not lent itself to player longevity). If Lynch has a down year, the Hawks are a slightly above average team at best.

Now that is laughable!

You're talking as if these players are going to need to be replaced right now. The 9ers have been rotating Gore with Hunter and others for the past few seasons, so I would expect he will continue to perform at a high level, and we will be able to ease Lattimore into the rotation and know for sure what he can do.

I would actually be more worried about Lynch's potential for next season. He had over 200 carries more than Gore over the last two seasons and a lot of tread on those tires (his style of taking on tacklers, delivering blows and carrying defenders has historically not lent itself to player longevity). If Lynch has a down year, the Hawks are a slightly above average team at best.

Didn't you know? Turbin and Michael are home runs, just like all of Seattle's draft picks. Keep up, dude.

Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Didn't you know? Turbin and Michael are home runs, just like all of Seattle's draft picks. Keep up, dude.

Lol - exactly! They are the best late round backups ever drafted! Pete 'n John built this here team from diamonds in the rough!

(Here ya go Playa: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condescension).
TopNotchPlayerHater clearly doesn't football. Just the like rest of the 12th pill poppers that come in here and pretend they watched football before 2012.

Keep up the good fight though, you guys almost have us convinced we are old and s**tty...
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM ]
etc etc, take your pick.

Hey look everybody, it's the smartest guy in the room . . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Share 49ersWebzone