LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 349 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"2013 Alex" has been the best Alex I've ever seen.. he takes shots down field... he runs for first downs... he throws beyond the 1st down marker on 3rd and long.

and he is only going to get better with more time in that system and more reliable WRs.

If the Chiefs try to low ball him.. I can see other teams whispering to his agent to wait a year. I'm sure the Vikings would LOVE to pay Alex good money, if given the opportunity again.
my youngest daughter who likes alex very much told me when she saw him play in the playoff game and saw what he was doing,, that she always wanted him to do those things for us! sure we are all very very happy with ck and loved but at times when i saw him this year i sort of wondered at times,. what if he would have stayed and would be doing those things( not factoring the retard roman factor into the mix). not a big deal and i spend little time thinking about it
Giving up two second round picks doesn't sound like he's just there as a stop gap.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
Giving up two second round picks doesn't sound like he's just there as a stop gap.

his stats and the win loss record does not indicate he is there for just a stop gap measure,, i will await the " it was the run game and defense" blather
Originally posted by cciowa:

his stats and the win loss record does not indicate he is there for just a stop gap measure,, i will await the " it was the run game and defense" blather

Clearly the 44 points scored vs Indy were all on the back of Jamaal Charles. Alex is a fraud.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I never made a statement either way, so I don't need a link to back up anything. You are the one that made an assumption.

Every QB is temporary. None play forever.

We will see if his K gets extended and for how long.....
You never made the statement but you already know that any Coach would not say that about their current QB.

just your opinion or do you have proof of this? the guy leads a 10000 per cent turnaround and they get into the playoffs and he is still a stop gap measure . sure hopes will be higher for the chiefs next year now that they have had that success but it seems like a few could not wait for thier season to get over so they can breathlessly start throwing alex under the bus,, for no reason in my opinion
No Proof as stated above. But AS even led the 9ers to a better record to what seem to be a laughing stock franchise of the League (Singletary) and was still was demoted the next year. So turning around a team still wont be good enough argument.

Daniels look good running the offense too
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Clearly the 44 points scored vs Indy were all on the back of Jamaal Charles. Alex is a fraud.
ok , if you say so. i need to look at the film,. i was just trying to give a bit of credit to alex. sometimes you expect to much out of me
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
You never made the statement but you already know that any Coach would not say that about their current QB.

No Proof as stated above. But AS even led the 9ers to a better record to what seem to be a laughing stock franchise of the League (Singletary) and was still was demoted the next year. So turning around a team still wont be good enough argument.

Daniels look good running the offense too

in other words,, anyone but alex anywhere and at anytime
LOL Alex isn't their franchise QB? He was traded for 2 2nd round picks. That's a big investment. And that was before he turned a 2-14 team to 11-5. GTFO
Of course they should extend him... he pretty much just turned that franchise around! PAY THE MAN!
Originally posted by spizzy:
LOL Alex isn't their franchise QB? He was traded for 2 2nd round picks. That's a big investment. And that was before he turned a 2-14 team to 11-5. GTFO

13-3 season Unrestricted Free Agent - Phone doesn't ring the whole off season..maybe it was on silent

Originally posted by spizzy:

13-3 season Unrestricted Free Agent - Phone doesn't ring the whole off season..maybe it was on silent

Lol. Rewriting ancient history. It has to be hard to do this all the time. Don't you get tired of it?

True (although you could argue everyone knew he wanted to go back to the 9ers)...but after 7 years of not seeing much (regardless of reasons) most teams and players were cynical... The next season he had interest, but was still on contract and it played into the 9ers hands (thank god cuz I didn't want to see him play for AZ). They'll lock him up..this is the 3rd season in a row that he's done well.

This is a what have you done lately league...and lately he's been pretty damn good.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 9, 2014 at 12:52 PM ]
May the feels be with you
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

may the ban hammer strike you swiftly and painlessly.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

may the ban hammer strike you swiftly and painlessly.

Sure lulz
Share 49ersWebzone