There are 166 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What about Josh Morgan... he was with Alex before he got injured. Now he's a FA. Possession type of receiver that can catch in traffic in short to medium range area. Dependable target for 3rd down conversion for Smith. At least they seemed that way together here with the Niners.

What ...? At least we know Morgan can get off the line for a catch. Did you see the vid for Dressler? Their receivers get a running start up in Canada. Dressler couldn't get off the line with his lack of size in the NFL. That might be the reason he's playing up north
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Count me in.... you up for a hundy?

hmmmmmm....naaaah.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
I was just giving you a hard time. The Chiefs signed this guy, a CFL player, as was said in the post.
Not a draft prospect.

lol, maybe I should read posts next time.

Originally posted by hofer36:
sure wish kaerpnick had checked down, rather than challenging the richard

Who needs to check down when you can run the ball yourself and gain more yards! ....oooooooohh!!!!!!!!! GOT EM!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Count me in.... you up for a hundy?

hmmmmmm....naaaah.

Yeah, I figured.

Who needs to check down when you can run the ball yourself and gain more yards! ....oooooooohh!!!!!!!!! GOT EM!

Alex Smith averaged 5.7 yards per attempt. 3 guesses what other NFL starting QB tied that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt/qualified/false/count/41

Alex Smith averaged 5.7 yards per attempt. 3 guesses what other NFL starting QB tied that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt/qualified/false/count/41

Smith no slouch in the running qb department. He has gotten better and better playing in the pocket since he was drafted that people forgotten all about his very good mobility running the ball.

he had one more for +20 too. lol.

Hey man stats are for losers, lol

What I'm saying is running to move the chains is one thing , but running to score a TD is straight beast mode. There's no stats for that....I think..

A player's "intention" is what truly separates Kaep from Alex.
[ Edited by verb1der on Feb 6, 2014 at 3:44 PM ]

Hey man stats are for losers, lol

What I'm saying is running to move the chains is one thing , but running to score a TD is straight beast mode. There's no stats for that....I think..

A player's "intention" is what truly separates Kaep from Alex.

Nice wheels you put on them there goal posts. Moves real nice like.
What about Josh Morgan... he was with Alex before he got injured. Now he's a FA. Possession type of receiver that can catch in traffic in short to medium range area. Dependable target for 3rd down conversion for Smith. At least they seemed that way together here with the Niners.

Morgan wants to stay in his home area, however, he did not do a whole lot there and the Redskins may not want him back unless he is willing to take a big cut in pay.
found this on rotoworld

ESPN's Louis Riddick said on*NFL Insiders*Monday that he's heard the Chiefs are "very excited about" third-year WR A.J. Jenkins.Riddick worked in Philadelphia's front office alongside much of Kansas City's current coaching staff, so he has notable ties. Acquired from the 49ers in exchange for Jon Baldwin last August, Jenkins showed some flashes in his first season with the Chiefs, posting a 3-67 line in Week 17 and catching a 27-yard pass in K.C.'s playoff loss. Still only 24 years old, there's an outside chance Jenkins could push to start opposite Dwayne Bowe in 2014.

found this on rotoworld

ESPN's Louis Riddick said on*NFL Insiders*Monday that he's heard the Chiefs are "very excited about" third-year WR A.J. Jenkins.Riddick worked in Philadelphia's front office alongside much of Kansas City's current coaching staff, so he has notable ties. Acquired from the 49ers in exchange for Jon Baldwin last August, Jenkins showed some flashes in his first season with the Chiefs, posting a 3-67 line in Week 17 and catching a 27-yard pass in K.C.'s playoff loss. Still only 24 years old, there's an outside chance Jenkins could push to start opposite Dwayne Bowe in 2014.

Smith gotten used to receivers dropping passes on him, so AJ Jenkins fits right in. If Jenkins turned out to be a decent receiver, it just wasn't meant to be with the Niners -- wrong team, wrong time. We needed Jenkins to show up a little last year but he didn't do it. If the Chiefs coaching staff can bring out Jenkins to play, that would say a lot about our coaching staff not being as able.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 7, 2014 at 8:24 AM ]
found this on rotoworld

Smith gotten used to receivers dropping passes on him, so AJ Jenkins fits right in. If Jenkins turned out to be a decent receiver, it just wasn't meant to be with the Niners -- wrong team, wrong time. We needed Jenkins to show up a little last year but he didn't do it. If the Chiefs coaching staff can bring out Jenkins to play, that would say a lot about our coaching staff not being as able.

Very true and sometimes these guys just get overwhelmed by the transition to the NFL.

Playbooks, scheme, speed of the game and defenses are just so different than in college. Some players pick these things up faster than others, some never are able to make the transition. When a player is thinking instead of reacting it never works out.

I'm not comparing him in any way to Jerry but if you all remember back in the day, Jerry had a huge case of the dropsies when he first started. It took him quite awhile and a lot of drops before he got over the hump but once he did "kate bar the door" it was all over.
  • Jiks
"I can play pretty decently at times and I can blow up at times," Smith said

Wow that's encouraging.

link

Wow that's encouraging.

link

he was talking about playing golf.....the other half of the quote......

"I can play pretty decently at times and I can blow up at times," Smith said. "I really have fun playing golf. The AT&T is such a crazy event in that you're playing alongside professionals - and they're actually playing. I don't think there's another sport in the world that would allow that."
Originally posted by crabman82:

Wow that's encouraging.

link

he was talking about playing golf.....the other half of the quote......

"I can play pretty decently at times and I can blow up at times," Smith said. "I really have fun playing golf. The AT&T is such a crazy event in that you're playing alongside professionals - and they're actually playing. I don't think there's another sport in the world that would allow that."

lol
Share 49ersWebzone