LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 495 users in the forums

Josh Gordon is a former Patriot

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dude's a super freak, in terms of current performance, he's jumped in front of everyone but Calvin Johnson, he's putting up insane numbers while playing with scrub QB's. Could you imagine if he had a quality QB throwing the ball to him? He toasted Talib badly today, got away from him and made it look effortless.

He's got 1,400 yards receiving so far this season and is averaging almost 20 yards per catch. If he can stay out of trouble, the sky is the limit for him in terms of his NFL potential.
He is amazing. 1,400 yards receiving and he missed the first 2 weeks due to suspension.

He would be flirting with 2,000 yards receiving if he played all 16 games.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He is amazing. 1,400 yards receiving and he missed the first 2 weeks due to suspension.

With Brian Hoyer/Brandon Weeden/Jason Campbell throwing him the football.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

With Brian Hoyer/Brandon Weeden/Jason Campbell throwing him the football.

I wonder if we could have had him for a first rounder... if so, BAAAALLLKEE

Balki shoulda made the move
He's facing a year suspension if he fails another test. And I believe they only wanted a 2nd for him
Originally posted by 99problems:
He's facing a year suspension if he fails another test. And I believe they only wanted a 2nd for him

i think they wanted more than a 2nd cause I believe teams were announcing that they were more than willing to send a 2nd. Would of been nice to grab him though even for a first. i think if you put this guy on a winning team and a strong locker room environment he will stay straight. i mean its just weed, its not like it is a physical dependency. Probably smoking to distract himself from the fact that he is on the browns
he would be worth a first and second round pick now
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude's a super freak, in terms of current performance, he's jumped in front of everyone but Calvin Johnson, he's putting up insane numbers while playing with scrub QB's. Could you imagine if he had a quality QB throwing the ball to him? He toasted Talib badly today, got away from him and made it look effortless.

He's got 1,400 yards receiving so far this season and is averaging almost 20 yards per catch. If he can stay out of trouble, the sky is the limit for him in terms of his NFL potential.

When i said he was a top 5 WR in the making, possibly top 3, and worth a 1st and 3rd, due to his incredibly favorable contract and sky high ceiling, people thought i was crazy....
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by 99problems:

i think they wanted more than a 2nd cause I believe teams were announcing that they were more than willing to send a 2nd. Would of been nice to grab him though even for a first. i think if you put this guy on a winning team and a strong locker room environment he will stay straight. i mean its just weed, its not like it is a physical dependency. Probably smoking to distract himself from the fact that he is on the browns

It was codeine i believe was the last infraction. But yea, his character issues are blown way out of proportion. He is a saint compared even to a couple of current 49ers, let alone guys across the league.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
When i said he was a top 5 WR in the making, possibly top 3, and worth a 1st and 3rd, due to his incredibly favorable contract and sky high ceiling, people thought i was crazy....
you ARE crazy ;)
Josh Gordon is legit. I wish Baalke would have picked him up when we had the chance. With Gordon on board, I don't think we lose to Carolina or New Orleans in those games. I think it was being one strike away from suspension that scared him off more than the draft pick.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I believe his issue was cough syrup....
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

You are crazy, but entirely different reasons.
I was definitely wrong about the trade talks, should of done it... as long as he doesnt do something ruhtarded this offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone