LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 159 users in the forums

Week 13 NFL Gameday Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think the recipe to beat the Seahawks especially in the playoffs is to run the ball 40 times. Rotate a different back in for every play, use sweeps and reverses. Less than 10 total pass attempts. Sustain long drives, keep the crowd out of it. Keep their defense moving backwards a little at a time.

There aren't many teams with the o-line and personell to be successful with that game plan. 49ers are one of them. Don't use a snap count, just instruct everyone to keep their eyes on the center. When the ball moves, go.
Originally posted by 190836:
Does anyone know if Vernon still has his di**?

Hope so, he's gotta jam it down some Hawk throat next week.
Originally posted by Jcool:
2006: #23, 2007: #13, 2008: #17, 2009: #5 (Brett Favre as QB), 2010: #23. So the progress is where again?

They went from 29th in points scored to 2nd in points scored, I'd say that's progress. He did well, you can keep up your weird need to deflect all the attention on to Kaepernick to defend your Alex Smith fetish, but people know the truth. Seattle has superior offensive playcalling, that part isn't even debatable anymore, they take guys off the scrap heap and find a way to make them serviceable players, the 49ers offense struggles to utilize anyone who is slightly under Pro-Bowl caliber talent.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
2006: #23, 2007: #13, 2008: #17, 2009: #5 (Brett Favre as QB), 2010: #23. So the progress is where again?

They went from 29th in points scored to 2nd in points scored, I'd say that's progress. He did well, you can keep up your weird need to deflect all the attention on to Kaepernick to defend your Alex Smith fetish, but people know the truth. Seattle has superior offensive playcalling, that part isn't even debatable anymore, they take guys off the scrap heap and find a way to make them serviceable players, the 49ers offense struggles to utilize anyone who is slightly under Pro-Bowl caliber talent.

Well if your going to make things up clearly this isn't the convo for me.
Man, I wish my QB read coverage printouts and worked on them with his recievers. Too much ask I guess. Also Im starting to really likw this Wilson guy. He has such great ATTITUDE and has a strong sense of ownership.

No, I just noticed you get extremely offended when anyone seems to not regard the 49ers playcalling as the pinnacle of perfection, based on your other posts, your agenda seems to be pretty clear. Sorry that your chosen QB is in KC, not SF.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I missed the first half but did the Saints run any no huddle? I would maybe go to that early in the game to try and negate the crowd. If you can go up 10-14 on them early (not easy, I know) their crowd quiets down in a hurry.

Nope. I am surprised no one has tried it but that's how I believe you beat this Seahawks Defence. Have calls played in using hand signals....hate to say it but the CFL (I'm from Canada) does this quite a bit for louder stadiums.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Man, I wish my QB read coverage printouts and worked on them with his recievers. Too much ask I guess. Also Im starting to really likw this Wilson guy. He has such great ATTITUDE and has a strong sense of ownership.

I wish we had fans who could be happy with an 8-4 record and 32 wins over the last 3 years but i guess that is to much to ask.

This. All our best players were quality before this coaching staff got their hands on them. Gore, Crabtree, Davis, Boldin. These guys were always productive. All of our young developmental talent on offense has underachieved, often not even placed in positions where they can succeed or play to their strengths.

Now look at the defense. Quality positional coaches everywhere. Tomsula, Leavitt, Donnatell. There are numerous young defensive players who have grown rapidly under their direction.
Originally posted by eonblue:

He does do it...that's just nitpicking. He's been doing it for a while now.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kearse, baldwin, lockette, tate, zack miller

its like it doesnt even matter who they put out there

for us, we need our star players to be 100% healthy to have a chance

It's the QB, not the pass catchers. RW is way ahead of Kap mentally.

true, wilson is definitely more polished than Kap

Is not even just about being more polished. The key to me is Wilson doesn't get rattled, the guy just never panicks. The moment he rolls right to get all the green grass, the guy can just make any plays with any of his receivers downfield. Kap panicks with such a fierce pass rush and his decision-making then becomes worse and more than often is simply not quick enough plus he is not as elusive as Wilson. Then, you talk about Wilson's throws, his deep balls are just something else, the placement is always good and the spiral is always perfect.
Wilson is a great decision maker, no doubt. However, I think a lot of his success stems from the system he's in. I mean, the number of times he's throwing to a literally wide-open receiver is amazing. Or those deep balls you're talking about -- how many times does is there no safety support downfield because of teams stacking 9 in the box?

Now, this is not to entirely take away from Wilson -- he doesn't lock in on a target like Kaep does. That's key to being able to hit these receivers that are open. But still, I think the playcalling in Seattle is fantastic. Their offense looks unstoppable at times. It's especially potent considering how often they start around midfield because of great field positioning from the defense.

No argument there. They seem to play more multiple WR sets and their offense is much more free throwing. The 9ers passing game is way more static and predictable when everyone knows the ball is always going to go to Anquan and Vernon or now Crab since he is back. Kap needs to throw to the other receivers too such as Mario and Jon to keep the defense guessing. You just can't afford to be so selective with your targets.

Kap is huge on trust, we used to get on Alex about that but they both look for certain guys. I would try to look at Frank a little more as a pass catcher, he used to have a huge role in that capacity.

Frank won't be enough though cos we are basically just talking about dump offs here. We need to send a multitude of WRs downfield at different depths and throw to whoever is open and their names don't need to be Anquan, Vernon or Crab. If Wilson can throw to Tate, Baldwin, Miller, Kearse, Lynch, Harvin and Rice, why can't we have more targets ? Kap needs to be more trusting.
No, I just noticed you get extremely offended when anyone seems to not regard the 49ers playcalling as the pinnacle of perfection, based on your other posts, your agenda seems to be pretty clear. Sorry that your chosen QB is in KC, not SF.

On that note some people have made Roman the root of all problems and Kaeps problems merely a product of Romans horrible plays. Giging over complete.ownership of Kaeps mistakes in the process. Its like creating the devil so you can believe in angels and its very frustrating
Originally posted by TheGoldenNugget:
I missed the first half but did the Saints run any no huddle? I would maybe go to that early in the game to try and negate the crowd. If you can go up 10-14 on them early (not easy, I know) their crowd quiets down in a hurry.

Nope. I am surprised no one has tried it but that's how I believe you beat this Seahawks Defence. Have calls played in using hand signals....hate to say it but the CFL (I'm from Canada) does this quite a bit for louder stadiums.

So am I, Montreal born and bred! What about you?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

So because i don't put 100% of the blame on Roman and don't happen to think Darrell Bevell is the greatest offensive coordinator in the history of the world, that means i'm a huge Alex Smith fan???
I give credit to the Saints defense for not mailing it in. Their offense let them down the time.
Share 49ersWebzone