LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 151 users in the forums

LT- Johnathan Martin- bullying inside Dolphins locker room

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
This is a PR Nightmare for the NFL AND Goddell

Yup. They are too busy ruining the game to notice players ruining the game.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
THIS IS NOT BULLYING!!!!!
THIS IS WAY DIFFERENT THEN SCHOOL BULLYING!!!!
In school you are many times out numbered, defenseless, and helpless

Martin is not defenseless!!! Martin is not helpless!!!
Martin is a p***y!!!

As for the text and voicemails
Who doesn't talk s**t and insult their friends and family? Who here hasn't threatened to shoot or kill a friend while joking around? I and about every friend and family member I have has done it.
There's a reason this pic has been all over the internet

Maybe incognito thought they were good friends

Straw that broke the camels back-
Everyone left when Martin came to sit down...
Guess what Martin did it to other teammates too

$15,000 Vegas trip-
Martin was supposed to go. He choose not to. And supposedly incognito "harassed" Martin for the money. What hasn't been reported or asked is whether every Oline man contributed the $15,000 (which is my belief).
And who doesn't peer pressure friends to go on trips? And who doesn't insult the friends who flake?
Or am I just stuck in my little world and everyone never insults each other?

Does being bullied suck? Yes of course. Can we stop or end bullying? No, never. That's human and animal nature!! It will never end!! And the best thing to do is teach kids and people how to deal with it and work through it and use that bullying to better yourself! Because as we all should know ,if you taddle tell, you're bullied more. If you hide and run away from it, you're bullied more.
And I would say 90% of the time (if not more!), the only way to make it better is to stand up for yourself.

----Incognito----
First and foremost let me say that I do not like this guy, nor do I ever want the 49ers to sign him!!!
Now with saying that, since when is he a psychopath and since when is he blood thirsty killer who wants to really kill Martin or anyone in his family? Did he say it? Yes. Was he serious? Hell to the No!! And even though I wasn't there I can confidently say that!

---Martin is a p***y---
When you hate people you work with, what do you do? Avoid them, ignore them, mind your own business. Yes you have to practice with them but do you have to eat with them? No. Do you have to go out with them? No. Do you have to give them your phone number? No. Do you have to give them money? No.
From every thing that has been reported, none of it has happened during practice!! None!!! All of it has been outside of practice!!
Why is he a p***y? Because he could of easily fix this without taking this out of house!!
Step 1:
Talk to incognito
Step 2:
Talk to Oline coach
Step 3:
Talk to Oline coach and incognito
Step 4:
Talk to Offensive coordinator
Step 5:
Talk to coach
Step 6:
Talk to GM

In the end, nfl is a business and you should follow the organizational ladder.
Martin really didn't do anything. All he did was go straight to the media

He went to the coach in march, obviously the coach did nothing. Martin was more of a man in the situation than philbin or incognito. Your whole post is based on a flawed premise. On top of that, several hall of famers themselves think there is something fishy with the dolphins organization.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Martin is a p***y!!!

Who doesn't talk s**t and insult their friends and family? Who here hasn't threatened to shoot or kill a friend while joking around? I and about every friend and family member I have has done it.

$15,000 Vegas trip-
Martin was supposed to go. He choose not to. And supposedly incognito "harassed" Martin for the money. What hasn't been reported or asked is whether every Oline man contributed the $15,000 (which is my belief).
And who doesn't peer pressure friends to go on trips? And who doesn't insult the friends who flake?

Does being bullied suck? Yes of course. Can we stop or end bullying? No, never. That's human and animal nature!! It will never end!! And the best thing to do is teach kids and people how to deal with it and work through it and use that bullying to better yourself! Because as we all should know ,if you taddle tell, you're bullied more. If you hide and run away from it, you're bullied more.
And I would say 90% of the time (if not more!), the only way to make it better is to stand up for yourself.

----Incognito----
First and foremost let me say that I do not like this guy, nor do I ever want the 49ers to sign him!!!
Now with saying that, since when is he a psychopath and since when is he blood thirsty killer who wants to really kill Martin or anyone in his family? Did he say it? Yes. Was he serious? Hell to the No!! And even though I wasn't there I can confidently say that!

---Martin is a p***y---
When you hate people you work with, what do you do? Avoid them, ignore them, mind your own business. Yes you have to practice with them but do you have to eat with them? No. Do you have to go out with them? No. Do you have to give them your phone number? No. Do you have to give them money? No.
From every thing that has been reported, none of it has happened during practice!! None!!! All of it has been outside of practice!!
Why is he a p***y? Because he could of easily fix this without taking this out of house!!
Step 1:
Talk to incognito
Step 2:
Talk to Oline coach
Step 3:
Step 4:
Step 5:
Talk to coach
Step 6:
Talk to GM

He went to the coach in march, obviously the coach did nothing. Martin was more of a man in the situation than philbin or incognito. Your whole post is based on a flawed premise. On top of that, several hall of famers themselves think there is something fishy with the dolphins organization.

Come on SolidG, you have to be kidding me, Martin is not a b***h. Incognito is a bully, racist, biggit, and POS. He deserves to be banned. And I am pretty sure he was serious on his threats. Why make them then?

So sick of people here condoning this crap, or making excuses for this bs. Martin doesn't need to stand up, maybe he should of, but tougher than done. I couldn't stand up, I was too afraid, doesn't make me a b***h or coward. This s**t makes me angry. So sick of people not having a heart here. Not against you Memphis, or those who have shown they care about stopping this bs from happening, just the select few. And I dont care if the mods give me a warning, this has to end, enough making jokes, and calling Martin a p***y, or b***h. It's frigging childish, and we are all adults, get over it. And stop acting like a teenage punk.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Martin is a p***y!!!

$15,000 Vegas trip-

----Incognito----

---Martin is a p***y---
Step 1:
Talk to incognito
Step 2:
Talk to Oline coach
Step 3:
Step 4:
Step 5:
Talk to coach
Step 6:
Talk to GM

sorry man, but i don't agree with this at all.

an NFL locker room is NOTHING that any of us has experienced. i've heard countless times from other players that people on the outside wouldn't last a week in an NFL locker room. hazing is one thing, but bullying is another, evident by the year and a half long harassment from Incognito.

from all this so far, it looks like Martin is a bit sensitive considering he's playing OT and not playing very well. an offensive line unit is supposed to be a solid group, supporting each other and helping each other get better to reach a common goal. Incognito continued to harass Martin in the locker room and outside of work. how the hell do you know that Martin gave him his phone number? Incognito could've gotten it from someone else. Why was it necessary for him to send threatening text messages and voicemails? what's the point of doing that?! You're fckin 30 years old!!

Incognito is known as a dirty player and voted as one of the hated players in the league by his own peers. That's saying something. There was even that radio clip of Incognito saying that he was going to get Martin to buy him and the rest of the o-line starters new jet skis. Way out of line. Stepping up to him is one thing, that probably could've resulted in a physical confrontation and resulted to injury. The NFL is still a workplace. Guys like Tom Jackson, Ron Jaworski, Keyshawn Johnson, Jerry Rice, Mike Ditka, all agree that there is NO PLACE in the NFL for what Incognito has been doing.

No or in the media is going to say Martin is a p***y or being sensitive! Even if they really believe he is, when it's all said and done they will all say whatever the network wants them too.

And again, you really going to be here and tell me you never insult or even threaten to harm your friends when you're joking around?!?

And yes incognito is a dirty player but that doesn't mean he wants to really kill Martin

And what exactly did Martin tell his coach?

And again if incognito is harassing him on the phone, just block his number... It's not that hard. It's not like Martin is a 5'3 110 lb girl being stalked by some huge dude.
I used to get bullied as a kid because of my race. I just laughed it off and made fun of them back. My wit was superior so eventually people stopped clowning on me unless they wanted to get it back 10 times worse. I knew how to hit the bully where it hurts. They are insecure and back down quickly if you bring up topics they don't like. If they don't back down, just find some new friends.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Come on SolidG, you have to be kidding me, Martin is not a b***h. Incognito is a bully, racist, biggit, and POS. He deserves to be banned. And I am pretty sure he was serious on his threats. Why make them then?

So sick of people here condoning this crap, or making excuses for this bs. Martin doesn't need to stand up, maybe he should of, but tougher than done. I couldn't stand up, I was too afraid, doesn't make me a b***h or coward. This s**t makes me angry. So sick of people not having a heart here. Not against you Memphis, or those who have shown they care about stopping this bs from happening, just the select few. And I dont care if the mods give me a warning, this has to end, enough making jokes, and calling Martin a p***y, or b***h. It's frigging childish, and we are all adults, get over it. And stop acting like a teenage punk.

Some people mistake kindness for weakness, the same that consider being mean spirited as tough...poor ignorant fools...
No or in the media is going to say Martin is a p***y or being sensitive! Even if they really believe he is, when it's all said and done they will all say whatever the network wants them too.

And again, you really going to be here and tell me you never insult or even threaten to harm your friends when you're joking around?!?

And yes incognito is a dirty player but that doesn't mean he wants to really kill Martin

And again if incognito is harassing him on the phone, just block his number... It's not that hard. It's not like Martin is a 5'3 110 lb girl being stalked by some huge dude.

have i insulted my friends? yea. do i do it the way Incognito does? hell no. do i continuously run crude humor with a group of friends? sure, but more so when i was in high school. I'm 26 yrs old now, with a family, but i can take a joke, especially when my friends can take them back. we're joking, we're not bullying each other.

you make it sound real easy, to avoid this type of situation, but when your around this person every single day and on gamedays, on the same side, it's difficult to avoid especially when he has no one on his side.

have i insulted my friends? yea. do i do it the way Incognito does? hell no. do i continuously run crude humor with a group of friends? sure, but more so when i was in high school. I'm 26 yrs old now, with a family, but i can take a joke, especially when my friends can take them back. we're joking, we're not bullying each other.

you make it sound real easy, to avoid this type of situation, but when your around this person every single day and on gamedays, on the same side, it's difficult to avoid especially when he has no one on his side.

This ^^^, plus be bullied, then tell me how it feels. If you never were bullied, you don't understand how hard it is to stand up to the bully. I never could, I was afraid, which it seems Martin was. I was semi bullied at work, Manager didn't believe me, even got written up for something i never did wrong. I quit on them, left them screwed, they never could replace me, and still haven't done a good job.

Stop acting like you know what Incognito meant, no one knows. I never threatened a friend or anything like that. Thats just stupid. Not at you LaMichaelJeff.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

This ^^^, plus be bullied, then tell me how it feels. If you never were bullied, you don't understand how hard it is to stand up to the bully. I never could, I was afraid, which it seems Martin was. I was semi bullied at work, Manager didn't believe me, even got written up for something i never did wrong. I quit on them, left them screwed, they never could replace me, and still haven't done a good job.

Stop acting like you know what Incognito meant, no one knows. I never threatened a friend or anything like that. Thats just stupid. Not at you LaMichaelJeff.

exactly.

never been bullied before but my brother was. had to protect him cuz the dude was huge and had friends.
[ Edited by LaMichaelJeff on Nov 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM ]
sounds to me like solidG engaged in some Incognito-like behavior during his football-playing days

To be honest, when I first heard he left the team because of 'emotional issues,' I immediately thought they stemmed from this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsKdrcorULA
Incognito has a long history of bullying, head-butting, you name it. Dude needs some serious help. Take a look at this article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/11/05/incognito-bully-accusations-nebraska-freshman/3439819/
Originally posted by vrabbit:
sounds to me like solidG engaged in some Incognito-like behavior during his football-playing days

This and only this
Seems that the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree.

They say this is Richie's dad. If so, what a POS.

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230

Early this morning, a poster with the username "idrd1994" left an impassioned defense of Incognito on the FinHeaven message board. In it, he attacked both Martin and Mike Pouncey as "black brothers that do drugs on a regular basis," and asked readers to "pray [GM Jeff] Ireland and [coach Joe] Philbin die of AIDS." He blasts the team from top to bottom, claims Incognito is getting railroaded, and uses the "black people say the N-word in rap music" argument to dismiss claims that Incognito sent racial messages to Martin. He also implies that Martin has pondered suicide, and "does not belong in an NFL locker room."
And so we see how this type of thing still continues in this society. Martin is attacked because he simply wants to go to work and not be harassed? I don't know of all the details, but typically these types of things don't escalate that quickly. Typically people do not just sound the alarms early on. Normally when they finally do tell, it has been happening for a very long time. I see these types of things first hand working in schools. I've stated for years that bullying takes place because there are more protections in place for the bullies than there are for the victims. For this issue with the Dolphins it clearly seems like that is the case. People like Incognito do not belong in the NFL.

Also, is it true that the NFLPA is siding with Incognito? Everyone deserves to be heard, but considering the grievance is being filed by another player, how can DeMaurice Smith/NFLPA do that?
Share 49ersWebzone