LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 273 users in the forums

Dan Skuta Appreciation thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Solid backup, thats pretty much it. Glad he's on the team tho..
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for ProfessorKel.
He's well-exceeded my expectations. To think, many of us were worried when we got rid of Parys Haralson and Cam Johnson
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's actually not bad, but I hate that he takes time from Aldon.
This is another guy to be thankful for. The silver lining in all these injuries and "other issues" is that we finally got to see some depth develop on the field and they have all made the most of their opportunities. Congrats Skuta on showing something from pre season on and contributing so much!
VERY glad he's here.

The NFL season is long and full of injuries.

I like Skuta getting a good share of playing time. Just in case he has to come in for an emergency - he'll be ready to play at an effective level.

The same thing for Wilhoite [sp?]
SO Glad we have Skuta, TJE and Wilhoite ....solid reserves that can start in a pinch ....further proof that Trent and Jim know what the hell they are doing when it comes to stocking our roster with solid players
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
He's well-exceeded my expectations. To think, many of us were worried when we got rid of Parys Haralson and Cam Johnson
i went ape s**t when they got rid of haralson,, was i ever that young? cam did not bother me at all, hell we never saw him in real time so how can you miss what you never had. the niners really do a nice job of finding linebackers who are good special team guys and when we have a injury or someone has to leave the team, those "role" players really do a more than respectable job.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he's actually not bad, but I hate that he takes time from Aldon.

i am really glad we had him around while aldon was gone. remember last year in higgins huggans haggans, whoever the f**k he was and as we saw monday, aldon is getting more and more time as he gets into shape and gets over some sickness,. of course as we go to a place where only the tough go(i thought that was a great JH line yesterday) you gotta have aldon on the field now. there is no reason to hold anything back given the must win situation we are in every week.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am really glad we had him around while aldon was gone. remember last year in higgins huggans haggans, whoever the f**k he was and as we saw monday, aldon is getting more and more time as he gets into shape and gets over some sickness,. of course as we go to a place where only the tough go(i thought that was a great JH line yesterday) you gotta have aldon on the field now. there is no reason to hold anything back given the must win situation we are in every week.

I had completely blocked that guy form my memory until just now. Thanks a lot!
He's been a fantastic depth player. I've been particularly impressed with his pass rush ability. I was expecting him to be strictly a run defender... but the dude can get after the QB.

He makes Baalke look like a genius for letting Haralson go.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:

I had completely blocked that guy form my memory until just now. Thanks a lot!
i actually think one of my infamous cciowa meltdowns last year when we brought him on board knowing he would miss a few games was justified. f**k i said julian peterson would have been a better choice at the time. am glad we are at least past that one. unlike last year when both where playing with one arm each, the sight of a healthy aldon and brooks should be terrifying for the opposition ,,, if the niner coaches choose to stay aggressive
Skuta, Wilhiote and TJE have been not only excellent backup and role players, but more importantly they are allowing some starters rest time. Remember, in the playoffs our defense was banged up and likely tired as the stars never EVER came off. THis season the rotation of backups is helping and HOPEFULLY we can get big enough leads with a few of the games remaining where Justin Smith, and all the LBs can take most of the 4th quarter off.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Skuta, Wilhiote and TJE have been not only excellent backup and role players, but more importantly they are allowing some starters rest time. Remember, in the playoffs our defense was banged up and likely tired as the stars never EVER came off. THis season the rotation of backups is helping and HOPEFULLY we can get big enough leads with a few of the games remaining where Justin Smith, and all the LBs can take most of the 4th quarter off.

lets not forget brock, he was buried on the depth chart the first month
I don't think we've gotten an extensive look at Skuta's coverage skills, although he must be decent in run support. Aldon's stint in rehab probably stunted his own development as an every-down LB. I agree with the notion of Skuta being valuable in keeping Aldon fresh. Even as a situational rusher, #99 can wreck any passing game. Perhaps Skuta's presence on early downs will lessen the chances of Aldon getting injured/fatigued during a deep playoff run.
[ Edited by 21SandersMoss84 on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
i went ape s**t when they got rid of haralson,, was i ever that young? cam did not bother me at all, hell we never saw him in real time so how can you miss what you never had. the niners really do a nice job of finding linebackers who are good special team guys and when we have a injury or someone has to leave the team, those "role" players really do a more than respectable job.

Now if we could only develop some young receivers
Share 49ersWebzone