There are 241 users in the forums

Owen Marecic

Shop 49ers game tickets
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl3m
Browns waived FB Owen Marecic. Placed RB Montario Hardesty on IR.

Not that we have a need there, but I know Harbaugh loved him at Stanford.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
It would have to be some kind of bromance to get him on the 53 man roster above Miller or any backup linebacker.
Seems like Browns fans happy to see him gone. Just don't see a need for a 2nd FB especially when we have one of the best in the game. I'd rather let Dixon get mop up duty and not waste a spot on Marecic.
The way Dixon has stepped up this off season I doubt there'll be room for Marecic
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
sine heem
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Adam Caplan‏@caplannfl3m
Browns waived FB Owen Marecic. Placed RB Montario Hardesty on IR.

Not that we have a need there, but I know Harbaugh loved him at Stanford.

I think Harbaugh has moved on and has a new love.
I normally would say sign him. But when we had a chance to draft him and didn't, it made me wonder jus how good he is/was and how much we did wanted him..
[ Edited by toppdogg32 on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM ]
Bring in Marecic. I like Miller and Dixon but the more competition at FB from a true FB, the better.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Bring in Marecic. I like Miller and Dixon but the more competition at FB from a true FB, the better.

Marecic was cut, while Miller was a PB alternate. Pretty sure we are set.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
The way Dixon has stepped up this off season I doubt there'll be room for Marecic

this

• Antix
  • Veteran
lololol. He got cut from the Browns....you really think he can play for us? lolol
Originally posted by WINiner:

Like I said, a little competition at FB wouldn't hurt anything. I don't think he'd beat out Miller - no way - and I really like the way Miller's progressed over these past two years at a new position. That said, Miller has remained healthy at a brutally tough position...Marecic could be good insurance or at least show the Niners something in an audition to see if he has it at the NFL level in case he's needed down the road (I trust the Niners ability to evaluate talent over the Browns). I didn't see him much at Cleveland but I liked what I saw of him at Stanford and thought he could be someone the Niners took a look at during that year's draft.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Like I said, a little competition at FB wouldn't hurt anything. I don't think he'd beat out Miller - no way - and I really like the way Miller's progressed over these past two years at a new position. That said, Miller has remained healthy at a brutally tough position...Marecic could be good insurance or at least show the Niners something in an audition to see if he has it at the NFL level in case he's needed down the road (I trust the Niners ability to evaluate talent over the Browns). I didn't see him much at Cleveland but I liked what I saw of him at Stanford and thought he could be someone the Niners took a look at during that year's draft.

Not much of a competition when stacking him up with Miller/Big Dix and neither Miller nor Dix need motivation. Tukuafu is back up enough....

Training camp is done.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
lololol. He got cut from the Browns....you really think he can play for us? lolol

Bad coaching overshadows talent. We saw that with Singletary and Nolan. I'm not saying he is good, but it's hard to fairly evaluate someone from a bad team.
Share 49ersWebzone