There are 148 users in the forums

DJ Swearinger

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's a tough call, what's next, no hitting below the knees. If you take away a tackling angle to avoid injury it increases the risk from another angle. There will more injuries of this kind unless someone like Tom Brady gets hit.
I wanted to draft DJ. RUTHLESS MOFO
Texans always f**king play dirty during preseason.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Texans always f**king play dirty during preseason.

u see that dude swing his helmet at the OL Incognito?

I don't blame him though. I guess last season Incognito (known dirty motherf**ker) tried to twist the dudes ankle. When he did that, the texans DL kicked him. You can clearly see Incognito try to twist the dudes ankle, but of course, only the retaliation is noticed. Same with what happened with the helmet swing. Before that, Incognito took a swing at him.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I don't get why players have to either lead with the helmet up high or go low on the knees. Why can't they just arm tackle with not lowering their head?

Because tackling is a lost art.

Soon Goodell will change the rules so that players can only touch the cup (groins) or tap the players behind (that will count as a sack or tackle... next thing ya know, players will be playing grab ass!!

lmao,

That is so effing touch football.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I wanted to draft DJ. RUTHLESS MOFO

Same here for me. He became one of my draft favorites... would have been fine with us staying put in rd 1 and drafting him.

( I like Reid too, but at the time, wouldn't have moved up like we did to select him )
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I would not call that a dirty hit, just a case of a DB hitting a much larger player low out of self preservation. Swearinger makes the tackle without taking a risk of getting run over and taking a hit himself. Not everyone is the fearless Ronnie Lott type who will hit a bigger player in the numbers and not care. I remember in the old days you were taught to put your shoulder in the guys gut, your head to the outside between the ball carrier and the direction he is running, wrap your arms, then drive the guy into the ground. Seems like guys are too interested in making a spectacular hit that gets them on Sportscenter these days.
They were talking about that on the ESPN Monday Night pre-game show...Chris Carter said we have to get used to those kind of hits because of rule changes preventing players from going high. While I understand that, no receiver wants to get hit around the knees...their legs are their livelihood and Swearinger may've ruined Kellar's career. The league will have to make some adjustments, or we'll see more and more players' careers threatened.
Dustin Keller is black? WTF I thought he was a white dude this whole time
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
They were talking about that on the ESPN Monday Night pre-game show...Chris Carter said we have to get used to those kind of hits because of rule changes preventing players from going high. While I understand that, no receiver wants to get hit around the knees...their legs are their livelihood and Swearinger may've ruined Kellar's career. The league will have to make some adjustments, or we'll see more and more players' careers threatened.
Problem is if a defender aims for a ball carrier's midsection and the ball carrier lowers his head causing helmet to helmet contact the defender gets blamed 95% of the time. They need to start reviewing personal foul calls, a lot of times only the guy retaliating gets busted.

Didn't Mario Manningham suffer his injury from a low hit from a Seahawks defender?
I don't get why players have to either lead with the helmet up high or go low on the knees. Why can't they just arm tackle with not lowering their head?

like this:

You know how every kid playing basketball on the schoolground is practicing the "And 1" type s**t, dunking, behind the back passes, but not really working on free throws or the basic fundamentals........this is basically for the same reason.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
Didn't Mario Manningham suffer his injury from a low hit from a Seahawks defender?

That was ugly, too. He had two guys hitting him, high and low. Looked dirty to me.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

Because tackling is a lost art.

Soon Goodell will change the rules so that players can only touch the cup (groins) or tap the players behind (that will count as a sack or tackle... next thing ya know, players will be playing grab ass!!

lmao,

That is so effing touch football.

Kerry Rhodes and many more coming out of the closet shall benefit these new changes... indeed they will my fellow Niner fans, Indeed they will
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Dustin Keller is black? WTF I thought he was a white dude this whole time

I thought I was the only one that didn't know of this. I never bothered to read anything on him prior to this and I guess I never bothered to see any highlights/pictures on him........
Share 49ersWebzone