LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

Mike Purcell thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
its amazing we are talking about this guy. Last season he was absolutely overwhelmed at nt. he may as well have lined up at safety.

hard work pays off!
What a complete turnaround compared to last year
He has come a loooong ways in a year
This guy is having a 2013 Ian Williams like preseason breakout.
  • thl408
Did anyone catch the little story that Ryan (color commentator) told about Purcell? I think I have this correct.

Purcell was recruited to go to Colorado State by the DLine coach at Colorado State. However, the head coach at Colorado State didn't like him and didn't want him. So Purcell went to Wyoming instead. Went undrafted and signed with the 49ers. His DLine coach now is Scott Brown, the guy that recruited him to Colorado State.
Originally posted by thl408:
Did anyone catch the little story that Ryan (color commentator) told about Purcell? I think I have this correct.

Purcell was recruited to go to Colorado State by the DLine coach at Colorado State. However, the head coach at Colorado State didn't like him and didn't want him. So Purcell went to Wyoming instead. Went undrafted and signed with the 49ers. His DLine coach now is Scott Brown, the guy that recruited him to Colorado State.

yes

Wow
Most likely Scott Brown brought Purcell to the attention of the Niners. He was a scout for the Niners for 3 previous years.

'A 62-year-old native of Del Norte, Colo., Brown spent the previous three seasons as the 49ers Midwest regional scout but will be returning to his coaching roots in Tomsula's staff.'

Purcell didn't just happened to signed with the Niners as UDFA.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 24, 2015 at 12:14 PM ]

thats funny. I went to colorado state and i know that all football decisions made back in those days were all completely wrong haha. We were like high school football team. We all just drank twice as much at football games to forget how horrible we were lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
its amazing we are talking about this guy. Last season he was absolutely overwhelmed at nt. he may as well have lined up at safety.

hard work pays off!
i know haters hate this but he also has good coaches

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

hard work pays off!
i know haters hate this but he also has good coaches

Lol do you know who our head coach is?
His development kind of reminds me of Brock. A unknown UDFA who really struggled early but all of sudden it began to click in year three.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Let's hope his play translates to the regular season. Right now he is dominating and is a STUD in the making.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Mike Purcell doesn't or cannot make the 53 man roster, then I officially don't know s**t about football and my San Francisco 49ers.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Mike Purcell doesn't or cannot make the 53 man roster, then I officially don't know s**t about football and my San Francisco 49ers.
its sucks that he showed up a year too late..we just have too many guys, i want him to make it...but i want to keep the other guys too
Share 49ersWebzone