LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't think any team would be dumb enough to claim him off waivers, not even Cleveland.
Originally posted by sspiker:
You think there's any chance we got a verbal commitment from Hunter to not sign any extension with a new team until FA hits?

Probably against CBA rules to do that. Would be a big no-no.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
adios Kunter. you will be missed
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I don't think any team would be dumb enough to claim him off waivers, not even Cleveland.

Why not? They would claim him, waive him, then put him on their IR. What's to lose?
seattle will pick him up

Lynch is on his last year

Hunter will battle Turbin for 2nd on depth chart behind Michael
Now give #32 jersey to Hyde....wanna RB who can wear it and actually stay healthy and isn't a punk like Watters/Barlow
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Why not? They would claim him, waive him, then put him on their IR. What's to lose?

If they claimed him they would have to cut a healthy member of their 90 man roster to make room. Most teams wont do that especially going into the 1st preseason week, when everyone needs extra bodies.
Baalke stays ahead of the game. Hunter probably will take a low deal (2 years) and give himself the opportunity to play himself into a contract worth more. He'll still be pretty young when its up and won't have many miles on his body.

You mean, "hopefully not smart enough"?

Kendall is a solid pro and everything you could ask for in a team player
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Now give #32 jersey to Hyde....wanna RB who can wear it and actually stay healthy and isn't a punk like Watters/Barlow

Hunter will be back next year! Leave #32 for him.

This move makes me sick. I really don't agree with the Niners on this one. Very rare that me and the team are on different pages
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:04 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
This move makes me sick. I really don't agree with the Niners on this one. Very rare that me and the team are on different pages

THEY HAVENT DONE ANYTHING!
I believe if a team claims him they would owe him 645k for being on IR and then he would be a FA after this year as scheduled. So would benefit them in they would have first chance to re-sign him before FA hits but then you would be paying him 645k to be on IR for the year. I could be wrong on this though. Are we waiving him to save money instead of putting him on IR right away?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

You mean, "hopefully not smart enough"?

Kendall is a solid pro and everything you could ask for in a team player

Except for you know, healthy, able to play in the next year and under a contract that makes him worth the effort.
Also wow some of you literally do not read.....at all....whatsoever.
Share 49ersWebzone