LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 308 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
One is very fond of this Okyoe fellow. He appears to be a jolly good egg, and I do hope he succeeds in his endeavours over the pond with our yank cousins. I'll certainly be rooting for the lad back home in blighty. He's a strong, plucky and learned chap, but he may not be able to make much of a contribution this year, which will count against him. One just hopes he shows a spark in the these 'exhibition games', and sticks one up 'em. They do not like it up em. No. They do not like it up em.

(pesky forum formatting what what)
[ Edited by Ed-tron on Aug 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Ed-tron:
One is very fond of this Okyoe fellow. He appears to be a jolly good egg, and I do hope he succeeds in his endeavours over the pond with our yank cousins. I'll certainly be rooting for the lad back home in blighty. He's a strong, plucky and learned chap, but he may not be able to make much of a contribution this year, which will count against him. One just hopes he shows a spark in the these 'exhibition games', and sticks one up 'em. They do not like it up em. No. They do not like it up em.

Had to re-read this several time... strong and plucky you say
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ed-tron:

(pesky forum formatting what what)

I dont know you but I like you
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
You SU!! Kid?? He's never played Football before and this is the NFL, why start now? There's no way he'll make this team or any other NFL team. He got handled by 3rd string Bronco tackles and Guards, I mean pushed back 5 yards lol that's not good. release him and sign a capable FA

A capable FA is going to take up alot more cap space then this guy, and I dont see why this guy shouldnt be allowed to try. Hes not taking a final roster spot, its still the pre season, theres no reason to go and make drastic assumptions. When he got pushed back 5 yards he was also doubled and hadnt dealt with that in real game time. If you watch the play a few plays later when Skuta got the sack, he made a convincing move to the inside the ot followed to stop him and Skuta had an open lane to get the QB, he may not be great or experienced but hes learning pretty well.

WHAAAAT? Actual in-game analysis and reasonable perspective in the webzone?? Around here we spent exhaustive hours debating insignificant TC roster spots, all the while nurturing our tightly-clutched, fantastic delusions that we'd be better talent evaluators/team builders than the guys getting paid millions to do it. Try to act a little crazier/self-important next time. You'll get it.
Now Okoye will finally develop faster. With little to none experience, he had little idea why he was learning what he was learning. Now, he has something to reference it off of and make adjustments according to his abilities.
He will be fine once he overcomes the language barrier. See how Jeremy Lin did once he mastered English?
[ Edited by DatNyjerSireez on Aug 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM ]
Likely PS.
This guy is taking up a roster spot for potentially a FA or one of our youngsters who can use the reps. He'll never pan out in the NFL, I seen him get blown off the ball time after time vs DENVER. forget him, release him and give some of the younger guys reps or sign a proven mid tier FA. Enough Ametuer hour

Good thing first time YOU put the pads on, you picked up the offense (or defense), made first string, and started every game your whole career! Dog, pull your panties out of your crack, kick back, knock down a JD, watch and enjoy the Niners!
[ Edited by NinerTy on Aug 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Wrong. There's plenty of zippideedoodah to go around when you 66 305 and are almost as fast as Aldon Smith.

practice squad
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
WHAAAAT? Actual in-game analysis and reasonable perspective in the webzone?? Around here we spent exhaustive hours debating insignificant TC roster spots, all the while nurturing our tightly-clutched, fantastic delusions that we'd be better talent evaluators/team builders than the guys getting paid millions to do it. Try to act a little crazier/self-important next time. You'll get it.

nah I think Ill stick to my ways.... I like being "different" whether other fans agree with me, appreciate it, or give a s**t I could care less.

Swatted a pass and provided good pass rush... Slightly better than bad
I thought it was dreadful the way his team mate, told him football players wear roller skates! Poor newbie got pushed around! Practice squad project, in my opinion.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I thought it was dreadful the way his team mate, told him football players wear roller skates! Poor newbie got pushed around! Practice squad project, in my opinion.

nobody thinks okoye will be a starter this year, but if he sits on the PS for a year i think he has the physical tools to be great
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
whos Okoye lawrence?

Christian (Nigerian Nightmare) Okoye's long lost son.... blood tests just came in/verified on Maury Povich show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGDIXRl6Uus
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

nobody thinks okoye will be a starter this year, but if he sits on the PS for a year i think he has the physical tools to be great
I dont think the physical aspect is really a concern, the mental part will be the hardest.
Share 49ersWebzone