There are 231 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
13 catches to good plays down field and he got more snaps than Stevie Johnson on top of all that. Plain and simple his production could have been replaced by most anyone. He adds no speed to an already slow starting receiving group. Waste.

Nah, I disagree. Always liked Lloyd. His route running makes up for his lack of speed, anyways. Besides Boldin, then basically what you're saying is; Crabs could have been replaced, and Stevie replaced. Considering Stevie was used just as much as Lloyd, and Crabs was no where to be found, right? Not looking at the bigger picture in how the offensive coaching staff utilized our starting receivers. You can make your argument for EVERYBODY (besides Boldin, again..) Again, not a waste to me. He was the only receiver to give us any deep threat down the sideline. WHEN we used him that way. That's not HIS fault, nor is it his fault he gets to choose how much he's used in the offense.
Um the only one I think was a waste of space is LLoyd that why I Bolded him only.

You're argument against Lloyd also is one you can use against Crabs and Stevie too. Point is patton could have replaced lots of people. Doesn't mean they were a waste of space.
There is a reason he was out of football last year.

Yeah, because he didn't want to.
I just realized something, how the heck are there 158 pages on this guy? Gore's thread is only up to 183
Originally posted by znk916:
I just realized something, how the heck are there 158 pages on this guy? Gore's thread is only up to 183

Because Frank is generally unappreciated. The Inconvenient Truth.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Because Frank is generally unappreciated. The Inconvenient Truth.

Frank's thread should always remain in niner talk even if he goes elsewhere next yr. Use ur mod powers for the greater good
Frank's thread should always remain in niner talk even if he goes elsewhere next yr. Use ur mod powers for the greater good

Stoney's not a mod, he's just Stoney.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Stoney's not a mod, he's just Stoney.

But I'm mod and I'm currently stoned
Originally posted by mod:
But I'm mod and I'm currently stoned

Originally posted by jbeale49:
Not that he was/is anything special but I see Seattle use Ricardo Lockette. Point being, they use him....whether they throw to him or not, he is getting game reps. If for some reason he ever does see action, he is ready to a degree. I'm not trying to make excuses for the fumble last night but the guy just hasn't been part of the picture. It helps a players psyche that he is part of something. He will practice better, be engaged in games on the sideline, talk to the QB...just be part of a team. It's extremely hard to self motivate with no hope of ever being part of the game. Lockette is garbage, we know 1st hand but the dude gets a few snaps. Hard to fathom QP never got a sniff.
Not garbage, I think he has 2 Tds thus far for the Hags, and drags DBs when he does his speed thing down the sideline opening up other routes.

Besides unless you are talking about murdering terrorists, murdering drug profiteers, rapists, and people of that ilk, it's pretty f**ked up to call people; garbage.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Maybe but he was cut with 2 years remaining on a 3 year contract. He has had 1 great season ever. I do not see waht anyone see in him outside of the handful of circus catches he makes every year.

How many ex-9ers were playing in the AZ-Sea game -- actually playing and getting snaps?

I saw Tukuafu, Dobbs, Ginn, Lockette. Any others?

Maybe but he was cut with 2 years remaining on a 3 year contract. He has had 1 great season ever. I do not see waht anyone see in him outside of the handful of circus catches he makes every year.

he's had production his whole career whether you like it or not. get over it.

he's had production his whole career whether you like it or not. get over it.
Well he has probably caught his last pass in the NFL so it won't really matter anymore. could have saved 500,000 and got a player that will be here next year on the field.
Well he has probably caught his last pass in the NFL so it won't really matter anymore. could have saved 500,000 and got a player that will be here next year on the field.

shoulda woulda coulda
I Like what Quentin Patton can become! he's got some speed, some ability and needs playing time. I hope he sticks around next season and proves his worth.
Share 49ersWebzone