There are 250 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Can really see us letting VD go come his next contract if he wants big $$$$ and VM takes over that role.

Not that I want this to happen but VM will probably be MUCH cheaper than VD after the 2015 season.

VM isn't the freak of nature that VD is, but we've found a gem for sure.
Vernon isn't the same player he use to be. He lost a lot of muscle and probably got quicker and more flexible because of it. He is able to catch better now partly due to working on the jugs machine but also he just has more flexibility because his arm and chest muscles aren't nearly as big as they use to be. He use to run players over and try to fight for every yard but would fumble in the process. Sure he probably could still run some people over but not like he use to. He's probably better off juking.

If anyone wants to see the difference in his body here is a recent pic and a rookie pic. His shoulder, arms, chest, abs look smaller. Also, think he lost a lot in his thighs and legs as well but you can't see on those pics due to being waist up. I think it benefited him. He was very stiff as a rookie.
http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2013/0708/dm_130708_Vernon_Davis_Body_Issue/dm_130708_Vernon_Davis_Body_Issue.jpg
http://rumorsandrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/t1_davis1.jpg

As for McDonald he's what we thought he would be. Figured he would instantly contribute and do well. He's versatile, he is a going to be a great security blanket. He can block and he can get extra yards. Only thing stopping him from being one of the better #2 TE's in the league (and better than some #1s) will be his hands.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I'm glad VD slimmed down. he was way too robotic with the ball in his hands when he was all buffed up.

Is that the Three Stooges on his chest in that top photo?
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol Thanks. I dislike clicking links.

For the record, his pose in picture #1 isn't very comparable. It looks like he's laughing/inhaling and the it's not a front-view.

Almost like one of those gimmicky before-and-after pictures.
Scratch that. Yeah, it's a noticeable difference (side views):

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by valrod33:

For the record, his pose in picture #1 isn't very comparable. It looks like he's laughing/inhaling and the it's not a front-view.

also looks like his skin color is changing
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Well figured most people didn't want to see those 2 pic especially on a McDonald thread. Yeah Vernon has changed a lot, he went bald, his lost muscle, his skin is lighter and he doesn't have as big of an ego and he turned into a preacher with the media.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM ]
McDonald is a tank who runs well. Nice hands and agility. All upside.

• thl408
Once there's some more tape of him lowering the boom on little itty bitty DBs, they will start trying to tackle him low. Then we'll see him hurdle more DBs.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
McDonald is a tank who runs well. Nice hands and agility. All upside.

knowing that pete the cheat wanted him instead of luke wilson makes me feel all good inside
Really like what McDonald has showed and think he will fit in great on this team.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm glad VD slimmed down. he was way too robotic with the ball in his hands when he was all buffed up.

they said he really dedicated himself years ago when he would stay hours after practice just practicing with the juggs machine.

he had such terrible stone hands but the work he put in paid off.
Vernon is a Pro Bowler,...he can do whatever he wants.
Share 49ersWebzone