Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Youngone:
Did this guy play?

i guess you didn't watch the game, lol
Did this guy play?

Did this guy play?

How did you not notice whether or not he played? Even if you didn't watch the game (???) all you had to do was read a post or 2 above yours and you have your answer
[ Edited by SFGiant49ers on Sep 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I cringed when I saw Vance catch that pass and start to run and then hurdle over the defenders. I was saying to myself, "Nooo...don't try to hurdle you are going to fumble the damn ball.". Then I saw it was Celek, not Vance, and I was a little relieved.

I thought the same exact thing, I thought for sure be would fumble, then realized it wasn't him lol.
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Did this guy play?

How did you not notice whether or not he played? Even if you didn't watch the game (???) all you had to do was read a post or 2 above yours and you have your answer

SP's don't read...they just post.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I cringed when I saw Vance catch that pass and start to run and then hurdle over the defenders. I was saying to myself, "Nooo...don't try to hurdle you are going to fumble the damn ball.". Then I saw it was Celek, not Vance, and I was a little relieved.

You do know that Celek is even more injury prone than VM and has fumbled the ball too right?

Originally posted by 9moon:
I saw we package a deal that would send VDavis and Ward to another team that is looking to trade a DL..

as far as our TE goes, we have players similar to...

Celek = Ron Heller (TE - backup in the late 80s)

McDonald = Jamie "Spiderman" Williams when it comes to blocking, John Frank when it comes to route running (facin the ball)

Bell = Brent Jones

I even remember that our long snapper can reall play the TE position if he has to..

What are you smoking? We don't even need another DL, that would mean we would have to cut some promising young player. Second VD is still valuable and for this year we are not in dire need of cap space. On the perchance that you meant trade for OL, it is too late, all you are going to get is a castoff and they would not be effective since they missed training camp with us and won't have time to catch up on the playbook Devey at least had two weeks.

It is a long season, you don't trade depth! Especially if we are running a lot of 2 and 3 man TE sets. Like LB, TE are valuable of ST.
[ Edited by WildBill on Sep 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM ]
i still stand by this pick. he is an absolute BEAST at blocking which was his WEAK POINT coming out of college. he will get some catches during the game. he will get a few td's in the red zone. and he saved that touchdown. that kind of hustle needs to be on the team for years to come period.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
i still stand by this pick. he is an absolute BEAST at blocking which was his WEAK POINT coming out of college. he will get some catches during the game. he will get a few td's in the red zone. and he saved that touchdown. that kind of hustle needs to be on the team for years to come period.

Couldn't block that gunner for s**t. Looked like his legs were in cement
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

what gunner? you mean when the niners lined up in a messed up formation that had his side overloaded?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Did this guy play?

LMAO!
Yes, Vance played.

what gunner? you mean when the niners lined up in a messed up formation that had his side overloaded?

overloaded or not he still decided to not block at all
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

wow. he had two guys at least he had to block, he got one, had no help, this is really a nonsensical post
Originally posted by cciowa:

wow. he had two guys at least he had to block, he got one, had no help, this is really a nonsensical post

No he screwed up. You have to block the inside guy and on top of that he missed the outside guy. He made up for it though. He's always been fast.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Sep 16, 2015 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:

he didnt get any lol,

Share 49ersWebzone