There are 270 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
Vance sucks and should NEVER be our #1 TE. If he is, then expect the same stats we currently get from our TE position (1 catch for 6 yards per game).

We need to draft a TE in the 3rd-4th round who is at least 6"6 can jump and run. Coaches can teach blocking, they cant teach speed.

LOL. If McDonald was coming out for the draft this year, he'd be the first or second TE off the board most likely. I don't think people understand what a bad TE class this is going to be. For better or worse, VD, McDonald, Carrier, Millard, those are the guys the 49ers are most likely going to roll with next season.
Originally posted by Geeked:
I don't think any receiver has a chance in this scheme. Roman would make Megatron look pedestrian.

This. I'd expect the next OC or HC to make an effort to get more guys involved in the passing game, provide more opportunities to younger players such as McDonald and Ellington.
Another 2nd round bust, starting to be Patriots West. 3rd year is gonna critical
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Vance sucks and should NEVER be our #1 TE. If he is, then expect the same stats we currently get from our TE position (1 catch for 6 yards per game).

We need to draft a TE in the 3rd-4th round who is at least 6"6 can jump and run. Coaches can teach blocking, they cant teach speed.

VANCE DOESN'T SUCK!!!! VANCE IS A MAN, A VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL MAN!!!

this is vance we are talking about,, now okoye
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL. If McDonald was coming out for the draft this year, he'd be the first or second TE off the board most likely. I don't think people understand what a bad TE class this is going to be. For better or worse, VD, McDonald, Carrier, Millard, those are the guys the 49ers are most likely going to roll with next season.

This is a funny joke right. Brilloant drafting strategy. We need to draft gonzalez!

Why didnt baalke think of that.
he drops every other pass thrown to him. until that changes this guy aint s**t.
Injured Niner, lets crucify him and pretend that all other #2 TEs would be exploding in this system. The only reason DW got any catches under HaRo was due to captain check down and he still didn't ball out like people are acting he did and forgetting that DW was king of the clutch fumbles and easy drops.

We don't even know what we have from our offensive youngsters as the scheme has been so bad at maximizing player talents. No non-OL draft pick has had any consistent success under this coaching staff and development, but lets keep blaming individual players...
Originally posted by crabman82:

To be fair here's had like 4 total passes thrown to him. Let's see if they can get him more than one in a single game.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

VANCE DOESN'T SUCK!!!! VANCE IS A MAN, A VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL MAN!!!

this is vance we are talking about,, now okoye

Every time I see this thread I just think of Will Ferrell yelling what I wrote. I don't know why.

To be fair here's had like 4 total passes thrown to him. Let's see if they can get him more than one in a single game.

you dont think theres a connection between the two? sure he is a #2 te who wont get crazy targets in this O. but you've got to believe dropping every other pass plays into his limited targets. i cant help but think if he showed better hands he'd be involved more (when healthy) than he is when he is out there,.

• Geeked
  • Veteran

Don't tell that to Harbaugh, that will be news to him, while the rest of us do this...
Wait,
I want a head count to the people who believe McDonald is a bust.

I like making fun of people
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
MaioccoCSN

TE Vance McDonald will undergo procedure to repair disc in back.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
MaioccoCSN

TE Vance McDonald will undergo procedure to repair disc in back.

No bueno
Vance is done. Wont make the team next year
Share 49ersWebzone